Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

32 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I hope you were talking to the woman in the green dress with all that hair. I bet she has some stories to tell. 🙂 

IMG_3353.thumb.jpeg.0c14584b87bde97126b71f704842ec39.jpeg

No actually it was this girl named Stephanie from upstate New York who cruises with her mom. It turns out we missed each other by one cruise on panorama in 2020 and Magic last year. I told her I spent a few days in NYC last year and she wasn’t impressed. “It’s not that great.” I’m noticing a trend of people from upstate New York not being fans of NYC. I had the lady from upstate at alchemy on magic I was talking to last year who took issue with me referring to New York City as New York.  But Stephanie works at a microbrewery so that’s pretty cool.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 13

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m noticing a trend of people from upstate New York not being fans of NYC.

I have a slew of upstate NY cousins who loath NYC so much that they wouldn't visit our uncle who lived in midtown Manhattan near the Warwick where you stayed. His place was palatial. I think they missed out. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

There is so much door slamming going on. I wonder if these are balcony doors slamming. I’ve never been on the outside.

door slamming happens a lot on every cruise-   People should just hold that door to close-   (especially if the cabin door is opened =-it created a wind tunnel in the room and SLAM goes that door      Its very nerve wracking 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

SG has been hiding his identity forever, and now finally just lays it all on the table... But, knowing him, those are just pictures of strangers... 

I think this is safe. Anyone nefarious isn’t going to be 30+ pages into this thread. Those things won’t go on my website they will stay buried here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

55 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Those are 

GAZPACHO ANDALUZ
chilled tomato and vegetable soup served with croûtons and brunnoise vegeta

MOJO PORK AND SWEET PLANTAIN
grilled pork chop, garlic roast potatoes, mojo sauce and crispy plantain

CREMA CATALANA
slow-cooked caramelized milk custard with a brown sugar crust

would you know if the buffet area has the same lunch menu as the MDR    (I just cant see me doing dining room with 5 kids for lunch AND dinner.    the attention span just is not there 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Yes, and it can be annoying. People tend to walk in and out without holding the door and they slam. Most people realize this after the first couple of times, but then some never get it.😖

For this reason, I always made sure I followed my former SO out the door. 😬

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Those are 

GAZPACHO ANDALUZ
chilled tomato and vegetable soup served with croûtons and brunnoise vegeta

MOJO PORK AND SWEET PLANTAIN
grilled pork chop, garlic roast potatoes, mojo sauce and crispy plantain

CREMA CATALANA
slow-cooked caramelized milk custard with a brown sugar crust

Thanks for the words. I'd have never guessed any of them. I'm used to seeing gazpacho red like tomato, never saw it with clear broth. I love plantains .. I thought that was steak .. pork nice.

Mdr for lunch?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, serene56 said:

would you know if the buffet area has the same lunch menu as the MDR    (I just cant see me doing dining room with 5 kids for lunch AND dinner.    the attention span just is not there 

I don’t know about today. It’s too late now. I can check on future sea days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Thanks for the words. I'd have never guessed any of them. I'm used to seeing gazpacho red like tomato, never saw it with clear broth. I love plantains .. I thought that was steak .. pork nice.

Mdr for lunch?

Yea. You know I’m kind of on the fence on that one. I think that’s what he said he was bringing me but it seemed more like a salad than a soup and I didn’t get any croutons I’m aware of.

• Like 2