Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

32 minutes ago, lennythenose said:

My brother in law actually won the knobby knees contest on a cruise in the 80s😂

Can’t say I recall ever seeing it on any of my cruises so maybe it’s something they’re bringing back or something they only do on journeys.

• Like 3

Since that Mets game kept me up until after midnight I got the munchies and went on my first pizza run off the cruise. I forgot my phone so I don’t have pictures but they were buffing the pool deck and mopping the buffet. I guess the buffet doesn’t need to be buffed because it is already buff…et?

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 16

37 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Can’t say I recall ever seeing it on any of my cruises so maybe it’s something they’re bringing back or something they only do on journeys.

I only heard about it but never saw it. I think you are correct about it being only on Journeys cruises now. Probably on Throwback day along with frog races and horse race. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That is correct. 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Since that Mets game kept me up until after midnight I got the munchies and went on my first pizza run off the cruise. I forgot my phone so I don’t have pictures but they were buffing the pool deck and mopping the buffet. I guess the buffet doesn’t need to be buffed because it is already buff…et?

Sorry you had to see that game Greg. That was ugly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Sorry you had to see that game Greg. That was ugly. 

That’s the kind of thing that happens when your closer gets hurt during a celebration in the world baseball classic and you end up having to use your setup guy for 2 innings. Sure verlander got ripped but we ripped strider as well. I’d rather have verlander now than deGrom who is out with another Tommy John.

• Like 1

We adjusted our clocks another hour this morning and we are now just one hour ahead of eastern time. It has been nice getting an extra hour to sleep every other night. I bet it’s a nightmare going the other way. 

• Like 10

I got an email this morning that BOA is sending me another credit card. It says destroy your old one when you get this one. This is the card I’ve been using for everything on the trip. The number on the new one hasn’t changed so I’m guessing they just changed the chip. There hasn’t been any fraudulent activity. I have a 0 balance. I already reviewed my charges and paid it off. I wonder if this is just a precautionary thing or what. If so I wonder if I can still use it in Halifax or if I need to just use another card.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I got an email this morning that BOA is sending me another credit card. It says destroy your old one when you get this one. This is the card I’ve been using for everything on the trip. The number on the new one hasn’t changed so I’m guessing they just changed the chip. There hasn’t been any fraudulent activity. I have a 0 balance. I already reviewed my charges and paid it off. I wonder if this is just a precautionary thing or what. If so I wonder if I can still use it in Halifax or if I need to just use another card.

In case anyone was wondering that was $375 for everything I charged starting at the airport in Montreal. The hoho buses (except Barcelona. That was prepaid), taxis, site entry tickets, food, and drinks. I did also have some usd cash tips I didn’t track. But overall I don’t think it was bad.

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

In case anyone was wondering that was $375 for everything I charged starting at the airport in Montreal. The hoho buses (except Barcelona. That was prepaid), taxis, site entry tickets, food, and drinks. I did also have some usd cash tips I didn’t track. But overall I don’t think it was bad.

That's darn good with everything you shared with us, wow, not bad at all.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

That's darn good with everything you shared with us, wow, not bad at all.

now the Gibraltar, azores tours and the Barcelona hoho bus aren’t included in that. Neither is the Barcelona hotel. I prepaid all of those. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

One of the "Live" reviewers actually took a picture that had Saint Greg in it. Of course I'll never tell where it is, but it's out there! 😁

HaHa not taking the bait but I wonder how many viewers went into Find Waldo mode👀

Call me old fashioned but I prefer my virtual relationships to be consensual lol. He will remain hombre de misterio for now 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

HaHa not taking the bait but I wonder how many viewers went into Find Waldo mode👀

Call me old fashioned but I prefer my virtual relationships to be consensual lol. He will remain hombre de misterio for now 😁

It’s from a pretty good distance. And actually I’m in one of @Jamman54’s 2021 Panorama pictures. Again very distant …and I figure if he doesn’t know it, nobody else will.

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

How would anyone even know that it's him! 😁

• Like 4

Oh my gosh there was a fan boy at the bar talking Mike’s ear off. Same guy talked my ear off at frizzante last night.

Then Mike escaped and the guy gets on his cell phone…speaker phone…and calls someone. He’s screaming “I just wanted to see how this works. Yeah. No. I said I just want to see how it works. HOW IT WORKS. YES. I WANTED TO GIVE THIS A TRY TO SEE HOW IT WORKS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 19