showing up the port without tickets/luggage tags

Hi, does anyone know what happens when you show up to the port without your tickets/luggage tags?  Apparently, after we checked in, our TA get the tickets, however we havent been able to get a hold of her.  Needless to say, we will be looking for another TA, however, that doesnt help us for this cruise.  We cruise in 2 weeks and everything looks correct on the app, it just says we have to contact the TA tickets and luggage tags.

thanks

12 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Hi, does anyone know what happens when you show up to the port without your tickets/luggage tags?  Apparently, after we checked in, our TA get the tickets, however we havent been able to get a hold of her.  Needless to say, we will be looking for another TA, however, that doesnt help us for this cruise.  We cruise in 2 weeks and everything looks correct on the app, it just says we have to contact the TA tickets and luggage tags.

thanks

You have PLENTY of time to get your tickets and luggage tags from  your TA. Alternately, it will just slow you down a bit.  You will have to manually fill out tags with the porters and will have to show documentation that you are, indeed, on the cruise in order to get through the first layer of security.  WORSE case scenario is to call MSC and have them issue you the documents directly to your email.  (Yes, they will balk because you booked with a TA, but you might insist)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Why do you have to get the tickets and luggage tags through your TA?

My upcoming cruise says the same thing. Ive booked many cruises with TA’s on many cruise lines but never had to go through my TA for my documents. (Confused)

We had exactly the same concern. All checked in on the MSC site and all info provided, but both the website and App said we had to get our tickets from our TA, and would not let us get them directly. Luckily we got ours from our TA this week.

However, it occurs to me that whilst it would have been worrying, it would have been fine because we had the app showing our booking and we could have used that (though I would have felt miffed having bought MSC-sized luggage label holders!).

OP - don't panic. It will be OK. You could print out your booking confirmation and have your booking on the app, and everything can be done at the port. The porters will be able to tag your luggage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, talljules1 said:

We had exactly the same concern. All checked in on the MSC site and all info provided, but both the website and App said we had to get our tickets from our TA, and would not let us get them directly. Luckily we got ours from our TA this week.

However, it occurs to me that whilst it would have been worrying, it would have been fine because we had the app showing our booking and we could have used that (though I would have felt miffed having bought MSC-sized luggage label holders!).

OP - don't panic. It will be OK. You could print out your booking confirmation and have your booking on the app, and everything can be done at the port. The porters will be able to tag your luggage.

MSC is very strange which is no surprise to many. My daughter who is on the same cruise with us and booked through the same TA was able to print her boarding pass.

• Like 1

If you still have 2 weeks to your sailing it maybe that your TA doesn't have them yet. We booked our last cruise through a TA and although I was able to print them from the MSC website myself, our TA version didn't arrive until a few days before the cruise. 

Either keep trying your TA or contact MSC. As said, it's not a problem if you don't have them at the port but you do still have 2 weeks to obtain them. 

So i was able to print them for our cabin, parents, on the website,  but not for our kids that are under 21. However, i was able to check them in on their phone app.

I do think we are going to have some challenges with the cabin that only has one person in it, but is booked for 2.  I cant check that person in because its a made up name. Hopefully i can get the documents for the 1 person i did check in.  

• Like 1

The truth is you can turn up at the terminal without any of the e-ticket documents. Yes, it’s nice, but not necessary.  Just have your reservation confirmation page screen-shotted  and saved on you phone. Along with your passport or photo ID you will be able to have luggage tags made at the port by the porters and you will get through security. The check-in agents will be able to look you up on their tablets to get you checked in.  Don’t stress yourself unnecessarily just before your cruise.

Dennis

So, quick follow up on this.  I found that if i created MSC account for one of the people in the other 2 cabins that would now allow us to print the boarding documents. This was in lieu of using the booking ID number and name to access the reservation like i was doing for the other 2 cabins.  It also allowed me to see other items such as shore excursions that we booked, free drinks and wifi that came with the cruise etc.  None of that was viewable until we created an account and associated those reservations to that new account.

Odd IT glitch. I was racking my brain over the weekend as to why i could print for 1 cabin, but not the other two and figured the only difference was the 1 cabin reservation had a MSC website account associated with it.