Change fee

Irish clare

Hey , I booked a cruise only fare for a September sailing and are now considering seeing if I can change to all inclusive… my travel agent said I need to contact Celebrity directly and there maybe a fee for this …. Has anyone done it and if so what was the fee … thanks in advance 

I’m not sure why your TA would tell you to contact Celebrity.  If the cruise booking is with the TA Celebrity will not discuss pricing or changes with you, that is what the cruise pays your TA to handle. 

There's a flash sale going on right now, it COULD be cheaper to add things individually yet you would need to purchase it in the next few days before it expires

As far as I know there isn't a standard fixed fee, I'd imagine you'd pay the difference between of what you previously paid and what the current AI offer is

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

As far as I know there isn't a standard fixed fee, I'd imagine you'd pay the difference between of what you previously paid and what the current AI offer is

This.   Do the math.   And yes the TA should be doing this.   Celebrity won't deal with your reservation if it's owned by a TA.   You might need a new TA in the future!

I agree with previous posters that your TA should be doing this for you. That's what their commission is paying for!

You're in Ireland. The people answering your question are all in the US. Generally speaking, different terms and conditions. In the US, going to AI is essentially changing your fare basis; it's a fare class. You can add the components, and in the past TAs have been able to get them all together. Or your TA can essentially rebook at the new fare basis subject to whatever limitations are on the existing fare for a price adjustment. That could involve a change fee, for instance, in addition to the fare change. But what I (or other respondents) can do on a US booking may or may not have anything to do with what you can do on an EU booking.

In the US, once a TA is involved, they "own" the booking and Celebrity as the provider will only deal with the booking "owner". I don't know but assume the same terms and conditions apply to an EU booking. Your TA has to do this, or you need to find a TA who can.

Good luck! 

On 5/27/2023 at 9:08 PM, Irish clare said:

Hey , I booked a cruise only fare for a September sailing and are now considering seeing if I can change to all inclusive… my travel agent said I need to contact Celebrity directly and there maybe a fee for this …. Has anyone done it and if so what was the fee … thanks in advance 

I have booked from Ireland through a TA and can log in to the Celebrity app. The options are given to add drink package as with booking excursions etc. although the AI does include tips and wifi I know.