Just Off the Enchanted Princess

sminkoff

We just got off the Enchanted Princess after a two week cruise beginning in Rome and ending in Barcelona.  The cruise was unusual as people got on and off every Saturday, but around one-half of the people stayed on for another week or two.  This resulted in some of the entertainment being repeated (including cruise director jokes verbatem).  Overall we were very pleased with the cruise.  Ship was in great condition, staff treated us really well, and food in the dining room was very good.  After this cruise I don't think there need be any more discussion of the dining room dress policy; nothing was enforced even on formal nights.  Shorts, jeans, flip flops and t-shirts were very common.  This doesn't bother us, but realistically one would think Princess would either change or enforce the rules.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

A lot of us would be happy to see that happen.

Agreed!

As for the unusual multiple embarkation days I experienced that when I did a Baltic cruise on Princess. Where people either got on or off in one of three ports which were Copenhagen Germany and Russia. Grant you because it was so port intensive and you want it to really go out and explore and go busy doing your own thing, it definitely was much different from let's say a typical Caribbean cruise where you got to know your fellow passengers throughout the entire journey. That is one thing I did miss on that Baltic cruise where you really didn't get to know a lot of the passengers throughout the cruise as they were just coming and going.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

You don't have to do anything special in European ports.

Except in Barcelona.  We had to go through, as a b2b group, get our passports stamped, then back OB.  
Just like in FLL.  This was at the end of March.  They just changed the turnaround rules. Was a mess, because they just started doing this. 😳

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Except in Barcelona.  We had to go through, as a b2b group, get our passports stamped, then back OB.  
Just like in FLL.  This was at the end of March.  They just changed the turnaround rules. Was a mess, because they just started doing this. 😳

Learn something new.  Didn't affect us last Fall.  I suppose if one was really concerned, just avoid that as a turnaround port.  No doubt the process will smooth out in time.

Interesting, we board in Barcelona on 7th July for two weeks and I was wondering how many people would be getting on with us as the main groups for my cruise is named the 15th July from Civitavecchia!

Jonathan

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Learn something new.  Didn't affect us last Fall.  I suppose if one was really concerned, just avoid that as a turnaround port.  No doubt the process will smooth out in time.

I’m sure it’s a lot more smooth now.

First instructions:  No immigration, go as you please for b2b’s. Just like a regular port call.

Then, at a meeting for b2b’s, which I don’t normally attend.  They said they JUST were advised by Spanish authorities, we would have to go through immigration and get our passports stamped entering the EU.  This was their first time to require this. 😆

They would notify those whom did not attend the meeting by letter. 

Anyway, go with the flow!  Even if it

didn’t flow….😮

56 minutes ago, sminkoff said:

We just got off the Enchanted Princess after a two week cruise beginning in Rome and ending in Barcelona.  The cruise was unusual as people got on and off every Saturday, but around one-half of the people stayed on for another week or two.  This resulted in some of the entertainment being repeated (including cruise director jokes verbatem).  Overall we were very pleased with the cruise.  Ship was in great condition, staff treated us really well, and food in the dining room was very good.  

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, did you venture into the updated venues such as The Catch by Rudi or O'Malley's Irish Pub? I've just seen on a recent vlog that they don't have Guinness on tap in O'Malley's *gasp* but would be interested in your views.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sminkoff said:

We just got off the Enchanted Princess after a two week cruise beginning in Rome and ending in Barcelona.  The cruise was unusual as people got on and off every Saturday, but around one-half of the people stayed on for another week or two.  This resulted in some of the entertainment being repeated (including cruise director jokes verbatem).  Overall we were very pleased with the cruise.  Ship was in great condition, staff treated us really well, and food in the dining room was very good.  After this cruise I don't think there need be any more discussion of the dining room dress policy; nothing was enforced even on formal nights.  Shorts, jeans, flip flops and t-shirts were very common.  This doesn't bother us, but realistically one would think Princess would either change or enforce the rules.

That’s too bad. I like the dining room to be a nice high end restaurant.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sminkoff said:

This doesn't bother us, but realistically one would think Princess would either change or enforce the rules.

What different does it really make since you now have the option to either dress up or not. It's your choice. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sminkoff said:

Interesting observation on the dress code. I have only done US based cruises, but I have always read the European cruises leaned towards a more formal dress. Good to know, as we are looking to book a Northern Europe cruise and are considering cruise lines.   

Love Enchanted, btw, have sailed on her twice. 

We’re onboard now. We have enjoyed live music in O’Malley’s and had a few nice cocktails there. (Drink menu below.)

We’ve had one formal night so far. I thought most people looked very nice. A wide variety of dresses, pantsuits, jackets, suits, just dress shirts, etc…. I wore black pants and top with a caftan and husband wore black pants and black button down. I felt we were on par in those clothes.

We have enjoyed Gigi’s pizza for lunch each day.

We did have a very disappointing meal in Sabatini’s. Food was average at best. Food in MDR was waayy better. 

IMG_9197.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

For me I love getting dressed up especially on a ship, which is why I probably cruise so much because I don't have so many opportunities land side of getting all fancy, and proper.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, buckeye7 said:

We’re onboard now. We have enjoyed live music in O’Malley’s and had a few nice cocktails there. (Drink menu below.)

Thanks for the O'Malley's drink menu - have you seen if the cocktails have been available on tap anywhere as per the menu?

1 hour ago, buckeye7 said:

We’ve had one formal night so far. I thought most people looked very nice. A wide variety of dresses, pantsuits, jackets, suits, just dress shirts, etc…. I wore black pants and top with a caftan and husband wore black pants and black button down. I felt we were on par in those clothes.

We have enjoyed Gigi’s pizza for lunch each day.

We did have a very disappointing meal in Sabatini’s. Food was average at best. Food in MDR was waayy better. 

IMG_9197.jpeg

Food menu , if possible ?

19 hours ago, sminkoff said:

.... After this cruise I don't think there need be any more discussion of the dining room dress policy; nothing was enforced even on formal nights.  Shorts, jeans, flip flops and t-shirts were very common.  This doesn't bother us, but realistically one would think Princess would either change or enforce the rules.

Why should one expect Princess to enforce anything in the dining room when they don't enforce no saving loungers by chair hogs, no parking mobility devices in the fire exit corridors overnight, no saving seats in the theater, no hogging a HC table for cards and games, or much else?

• Haha 1