Embarkation Question

We are a group of 20 boarding on Ovation this Friday. We have overlapping boarding times from 11-2:30pm.  If we all show up at the 11 time slot is it possible they will board our whole group together??

24 minutes ago, dman1 said:

We are a group of 20 boarding on Ovation this Friday. We have overlapping boarding times from 11-2:30pm.  If we all show up at the 11 time slot is it possible they will board our whole group together??

Yes, it's possible.  But, why do you "need" to board at the same time?  We've cruised with groups and everyone just arrives at their time and we meet up later.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BND said:

Yes, it's possible.  But, why do you "need" to board at the same time?  We've cruised with groups and everyone just arrives at their time and we meet up later.  

Great, thanks!  We’re all flying in together and staying at same hotel.  For in-laws 60 anniversary and wanted all together for pics as we get on.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dman1 said:

It's possible. It's also possible they'll send the rest of them to the waiting area marked for their own timeslots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This a MIGHT, just be forewarned and ready to wait if they say the entire group cannot go in mass when some are at 11:00 and others not until 2:30. 

I have been with groups that have been lucky and with others that people had to sit and wait until their time slot to even line up to enter the building. It all depends on the person working, the boss working, and the attitude of the group. Be sweet, and best of luck. Worse case, everyone can wait until 2ish

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think you're getting good advice from the people who say, "It might work out, but -- then again -- it might not."  My recent experience has been that they DO check time slots. 

I understand your motivation for wanting to board together / take pictures together.  My suggestions: 

- You say you're at the same hotel.  Take pictures after breakfast.  It'll be less chaotic than during embarkation, and you won't all be carrying backpacks and tote bags. 

- Take pictures before dinner one night.  They'll have a backdrop set up near the entrance to the MDR, and photographers will come around to your tables. 

- If photographs are really, really important to you, set up a photo appointment for your family onboard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know in the past when I have boarded, they have areas cordoned off for arrival/check in times, and they have checked. @Ferry_Watchermight be able to assist with your question. You can also all go later, after the mad rush, and have a better chance of boarding together. It’s a nightmare early, especially with 2 ships boarding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Royal Brand wants Pier 91 to use time entry, but I believe that do to the efficiency of the check-in staff, passengers are basically let into the building as they arrive.

Terminal doors have been opening by 10 AM and passengers are beginning to walk on board around 10:45 AM.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2023 at 9:33 PM, dman1 said:

It's a checkin time, not a boarding time. the times are to prevent crowding at the terminals.

Read the fine print regarding your check-in time. It will say something to the effect of "arrive with your entire party at the scheduled time". If one of you has an early time, show up at that time and explain that this is your entire party. At most emabarkation ports they are not enforcing times anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Thanks 1