Seattle Transfers

efuzz

Long time cruiser but first time on NCL. My wife and I will be sailing the Encore from Seattle Labor Day weekend. We have transfers through NCL from the airport to our hotel the day before our cruise and then back to the airport on disembarkation day. I have no idea what to expect since we always drive to the port for Caribbean cruises. Can anybody offer a preview of what I can expect or what I should plan for to make it a better experience? Thanks!

They don't.  Only Hotel shuttle buses do that, not NCL themselves.  If the Hotel is part of a package from NCL, they will transfer you from the Hotel to the ship on the day of.  At the end of the cruise, they will transfer you via bus to the airport if you've paid for that transfer too.  (FWIW - Most Airlines don't let you check in your bags 2-4 hours before the flight, so be prepared to stand by with your bags if you arrive early.)

We've done this several times.

• Like 1

Just checked Norwegian's website.  Did not see a transfer from SeaTac Aiport to the Crown Plaza Hotel.  The airport is about 14 miles South of the hotel.  I would call the hotel and ask for thier recommendations for getting to the hotel.

The morning of the cruise, transporation will be provided to the ship.

You will recieve information for Disembarkation during the cruise.

The Port of Seattle (not Norwegian) offers a Port Valet Program at the end of your cruise.  Depending on what time your return is and the airline, you may qualify.  Luggage is picked up late evening early, send directly from the ship to your particular airline and flight.  You pick it up at your home airport.  You will receive your boarding pass the day before arriving in Seattle.  You board the bus, go to the airport, straight through to Security and your gate.  The Program is free.

• Like 3

Thank you all for the responses. Turns out I misunderstood what I was getting. Apparently I have the hotel shuttle to the ship on embarkation morning but nothing from the airport. Glad I asked now. I would have had some 'splaining to do had we landed at SEATAC expecting a shuttle with nobody waiting for us! I guess I'll be checking on hotel shuttles from the airport or good old Uber. 

Crisis averted! 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 1:04 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

What kind of transfer does NCL provide to a hotel the day before a cruise?  I've never heard of this.

Apparently I've never heard of it either. Perhaps it was wishful thinking. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2023 at 12:16 PM, efuzz said:

Long time cruiser but first time on NCL. My wife and I will be sailing the Encore from Seattle Labor Day weekend. We have transfers through NCL from the airport to our hotel the day before our cruise and then back to the airport on disembarkation day. I have no idea what to expect since we always drive to the port for Caribbean cruises. Can anybody offer a preview of what I can expect or what I should plan for to make it a better experience? Thanks!

Just got back from an Alaska cruise a few weeks ago, We arrived in Seattle the day before. I saw an NCL sign at a station near baggage pick up that looked like they were helping passengers with shuttles. So just a guess you'd go there for the shuttle. I'd call your PCC or TA to get the details.

Something else that might help you... On embarkation day, there will be two long lines going into the terminal outside. Dress appropriately for the weather. One line was for dropping off luggage and one for the security screening into the terminal. We divided and conquered. One of us took the luggage on the baggage line which was faster and the other waited on the security line to hold our place. If you don't do that, you'll be directed and looped back to the end of the security line after dropping of your baggage.

After security, the check-in is the similar as some other terminals. There are two separate check in areas depending on which deck you're on, Haven and Latitudes lines, etc.

Edited by kylenyc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, efuzz said:

Apparently I've never heard of it either. Perhaps it was wishful thinking. 🤦‍♂️

LOL.  I used to shun Uber/Lyft because they were new and I don't readily embrace new things.  Anyhow, I finally decided to "force" myself to try them and, just like Mikey and the cereal, I liked it!!!

• Haha 6

I have a semi-related question.  I am booked for a NCL cruise out of Rome (Civitavecchia) in early September.  I'm now 88 days away from embarkation.  My booking package includes NCL air and I have requested a two-day pre-cruise deviation and a one-day post cruise deviation and hotels with NCL.  When I requested the deviations, I was told that I was being waitlisted for the two-day pre-cruise hotel but I was booked for the one-day post-cruise at the Hotel Piram.  Now, I am hearing from NCL that I won't get written confirmations until they actually have my rooms booked with the hotel and I only have 13 more days to get the booking.  I am also using a travel agency, but they had advised me that I needed to book the hotels directly with NCL, but I'm now hearing from NCL that I have to go through my TA. 

Does anybody actually have experience with this?  I really don't want to have to pack a tent to stay in Rome before and after my cruise...😵  I am feeling like NCL is hanging us out to dry.  The main reason I want the NCL hotel bookings is that I want the transfers to the hotel and the ship and back.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

LOL.  I used to shun Uber/Lyft because they were new and I don't readily embrace new things.  Anyhow, I finally decided to "force" myself to try them and, just like Mikey and the cereal, I liked it!!!

My son got me hooked on it, now I am all in. Love the convenience!

• Like 1

The Port of Seattle (not Norwegian) offers a Port Valet Program at the end of your cruise.  Depending on what time your return is and the airline, you may qualify.  Luggage is picked up late evening early, send directly from the ship to your particular airline and flight.  You pick it up at your home airport.  You will receive your boarding pass the day before arriving in Seattle.  You board the bus, go to the airport, straight through to Security and your gate.  

Do you know how far in advance of your cruise you can book this? I’ve noticed their web page lists very few ships at a time. 

18 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I have a semi-related question.  I am booked for a NCL cruise out of Rome (Civitavecchia) in early September.  I'm now 88 days away from embarkation.  My booking package includes NCL air and I have requested a two-day pre-cruise deviation and a one-day post cruise deviation and hotels with NCL.  When I requested the deviations, I was told that I was being waitlisted for the two-day pre-cruise hotel but I was booked for the one-day post-cruise at the Hotel Piram.  Now, I am hearing from NCL that I won't get written confirmations until they actually have my rooms booked with the hotel and I only have 13 more days to get the booking.  I am also using a travel agency, but they had advised me that I needed to book the hotels directly with NCL, but I'm now hearing from NCL that I have to go through my TA. 

Does anybody actually have experience with this?  I really don't want to have to pack a tent to stay in Rome before and after my cruise...😵  I am feeling like NCL is hanging us out to dry.  The main reason I want the NCL hotel bookings is that I want the transfers to the hotel and the ship and back.

Tell your TA what you want. They should book it on your behalf. If they won't, find a new TA for future trips.

If your TA does say no, then call NCL again. Try a couple times. You'll likely get someone who will do it. If they really won't, require your TA to join a call with you so both of you can be on the phone at the same time. 

Good luck! 

On 6/1/2023 at 12:16 PM, efuzz said:

…and then back to the airport on disembarkation day…

Off the Norwegian Sun a short while ago. NCL says, in the daily program, taxis are scarce at Pier 66 so get an NCL transfer to SeaTac. We decided to cab it. Fare, online, estimated at $40. Asked a shoreside agent for the taxi line and was shown to an SUV, Luggage was loaded…and then…another couple got in, luggage and all. The driver then told us it was $65 per couple and he was ‘private’. Believe the word is “scooped”. Too late to get out so we ‘bit the bullet” as did the other couple. Don’t know if this is common practice at Pier66 but “heads up”. Gotta say that last time at Pier66, pre-pandemic, we pre-booked a limo to the airport. Good luck. Cheers…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1