CCL re-organizes, new role for Swartz, breakup of HAL Group

Coral

23 hours ago, Coral said:

I actually want Jan gone. I saw more decline under her leadership.

I’m glad someone else feels the same way. I never could understand the appeal of her except for public relations type activities . Operationally, she and Padgett have damaged the Princess brand to its current state of affairs.

Edited by cheezenip
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, cheezenip said:

I’m glad someone else feels the same way. I never could understand the appeal of her except for public relations type activities . Operationally, she and Padgett have damaged the Princess brand to its current state of affairs.

ships sailing at full capacity, increased rates, and fewer benefits? Isn't that their jobs to shareholders?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

ships sailing at full capacity, increased rates, and fewer benefits? Isn't that their jobs to shareholders?

As a shareholder of CCL myself, you have partially proved my point.

2 minutes ago, cheezenip said:

As a shareholder of CCL myself, you have partially proved my point.

And their stock is doing so well compared to the competitors, right???? 😈

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

And their stock is doing so well compared to the competitors, right???? 😈

CCL is lucky they haven't had to dissolve some of their brands yet. If they don't turn their ship around (pun intended), bad for the entire industry.

Edited by cheezenip
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 9:23 PM, Thrak said:

Padgett was a mistake. When they got him from Disney they should have gotten Goofy instead.

I think they did.  Do we really know who was in that Goofy costume?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, voljeep said:

This may be true for the short term.  And I'm sure that the cruise industry will do just fine.  But, it will be interesting to see what happens when all of the Princess Travelcare, Cruise with Confidence, and Goodwill FCC's are used up and cruisers are not happy with the increased rates and fewer benefits.

For now, we are just trying to burn through the actual out of pocket cash we have credit for from cancelled cruises.  I am not anxious to going back to the longer cruises and 45 days or so a year we cruised before Covid.  Especially at increased rates and fewer benefits.

We shareholders will not be happy if Padgett and Jan start losing passengers down the line.

On 6/2/2023 at 10:08 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I could be all wrong, but I sense the general consensus (disappointment) is that Padgett is here to stay.  

It does seem that way. But it is also clear he is a total failure in his role from the guests side. The Medallion App was his project, it was put into use well before it was tested and ready for guests use. I believe he is also behind these 'new and improved' packages, which really overall only take more money from the average guests, and put more profit in the company's pockets. All the while providing less customer service to the guests. 

Under Padgett, Princess may make more money in the short term, but he will be a major factor in the downfall of Princess Cruises long term. CCL should send him back to Disney.... but Disney would not take him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

It does seem that way. But it is also clear he is a total failure in his role from the guests side. The Medallion App was his project, it was put into use well before it was tested and ready for guests use. I believe he is also behind these 'new and improved' packages, which really overall only take more money from the average guests, and put more profit in the company's pockets. All the while providing less customer service to the guests. 

Under Padgett, Princess may make more money in the short term, but he will be a major factor in the downfall of Princess Cruises long term. CCL should send him back to Disney.... but Disney would not take him. 

I'm not too worried - like all of these "hired movers", they pop in for a few years, shake things up, and then are on their way to the next C suite position.  Whether we all like it or not, although Jan was brought up through the ranks, she turned out to be this person.  I forget her predecessors name but he seemed to be in the role for much longer than she was.  Most of the CCL top management has moved around and I imagine Padgett will as well.  HAL has a former Carnival VP as their CEO, and watching some of his talks and videos - it sure seems like he's looking toward the next promotion over growing HAL.

3 minutes ago, Coral said:

Interesting article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/24/saudi-fund-in-early-talks-to-potentially-buy-carnivals-ultra-luxury-seabourn-brand.html

Saudi fund in early talks to potentially buy Carnival’s ultra-luxury Seabourn brand

You do know thst the article was from over a year ago and more of speculation back then, instead of solid reality.

2 minutes ago, ldtr said:

You do know thst the article was from over a year ago and more of speculation back then, instead of solid reality.

Thanks - that is the 2nd time I have done that in a search. Thanks for catching that! I deleted it.

If you can edit it and delete your part in the post - that would help. Thanks.

Edited by Coral

38 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thanks - that is the 2nd time I have done that in a search. Thanks for catching that! I deleted it.

If you can edit it and delete your part in the post - that would help. Thanks.

Sorry got to it to late to delete my post.