Combining tables

We are booked on a cruise with two families in different cabins, so we have different booking numbers. I know we can link the bookings, but how do we combine everyone to a single table in the MDR? Do we have to wait until we are on board and see someone in the dining room about it?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, jerick said:

We are booked on a cruise with two families in different cabins, so we have different booking numbers. I know we can link the bookings, but how do we combine everyone to a single table in the MDR? Do we have to wait until we are on board and see someone in the dining room about it?

Thanks.

If your travel agent has your bookings linked, then you should automatically be seated together at dinner

19 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If your travel agent has your bookings linked, then you should automatically be seated together at dinner

That's not a safe assumption. Always check your table number when you board (it'll be listed in the app once you connect to ship wifi) then if you're not at the same table, go to the head waiter and request a change.

11 hours ago, JoeFL77 said:

You or your travel agent if you used one has to call to link dining reservation.

Is there a difference between linking the reservations (i.e. what I see when go to book add-ons for my cruise) and linking *dining* reservations?  

Diclaimer: this is what I was told. It may not be true but is certainly confusing.

Yes, I believe so.  They are two separate, diffent things.  I am not sure if you can see linked dinner reservations.  You have to call to link dining.  I think others may have to call to accept the link.

The link for shows, excursions,etc is accomplished via app or web site.  Use the add a cruise.  You need res #, last name, DOB.  Not sure if they have to accept.  I do not think so because you have a lot of their info.  After a bit you can check it by seeing if they show up in your cruises.

• Like 1

You can definitely link your reservations before you sail.  I'm not sure HOW to do it because my son-in-law linked ours, but I can see their ship reservation online, and I could make dinner reservations for the whole group of us.  

On 6/5/2023 at 8:05 AM, HappyTexan44 said:

Is there a difference between linking the reservations (i.e. what I see when go to book add-ons for my cruise) and linking *dining* reservations?  

You say who is dining at each reservation you make. Sometimes members of your group want to eat at different places. You can adjust once on board.

On 6/5/2023 at 9:22 AM, JoeFL77 said:

Diclaimer: this is what I was told. It may not be true but is certainly confusing.

Yes, I believe so.  They are two separate, diffent things.  I am not sure if you can see linked dinner reservations.  You have to call to link dining.  I think others may have to call to accept the link.

I can confirm as "recently" as December BOTH sides had to call and confirm a link for dinner.
(or at least for our sailing we did, RCL call centre moving targets aside)

Last summer we attempted to link reservations for 4 families - multiple calls were made and it was not successful.  We went as soon as we boarded to link the reservations.  We were successful and we were able to eat in close proximity to each other.  We were able to create an adult and a kid (all the "kids" were 19 and older)  The dinners are some of mine and my kids favorite times on the ship. 

On 6/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, smokeybandit said:

That's not a safe assumption. Always check your table number when you board (it'll be listed in the app once you connect to ship wifi) then if you're not at the same table, go to the head waiter and request a change.

We did many group cruises over the years and never had a problem with tables moved so that we could all sit together.

I had a strange experience.  We traveling with friends on Liberty on a Canada/NE cruise in Sept. 2024 and I went on the cruise planner and linked there reservation.  When I go to book MTD reservations together it shows the other party but won't let me book them together.  It says that we are part of different groups so we can't book MTD together.  We just switched to early traditional but I did find it odd.  I'd never heard of that before.

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We did many group cruises over the years and never had a problem with tables moved so that we could all sit together.

I did one last year, and despite all the proper linkings, the tables weren't together.