Carnival has lost control

bigdaddyyo

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Wait, what - cruising and horse betting aren't basic needs? I did take Psych 101, but must have missed that class.. Maybe they are covered under "critical themes - flourishing"?

I think that was covered in a graduate level course, not the introductory course. 🤣

4 hours ago, dallasdan said:

I have never seen the dogs in 19 cruises.  They may have been in the ports but I didn't see them.  My wife says I am not very observant.  I certainly haven't seen them on a ship.  I leave for a short 4 day weekend cruise out of Galveston at end of the month.  I will be on the lookout.  I am expecting lots of kids and lots of partying 20 somethings.  I will report back.

We were on the Celebration from Miami at the end of April. We all had to stand against the wall with our backpacks, etc on the floor and the dog came by smelling everything.

3 hours ago, ibarrio said:

You're leaving from Texas so recreational use of Marijuana is still illegal and the Drink Package doesn't start until day 2. I would think the younger crowd would leave from Los Angles, New Orleans, or Florida. I know recreational MJ is illegal in Florida but that is still a party state compared to Texas. When recreational use went legal in New Mexico you had the El Paso police issue a statement that they would be on the look-out for Texas plates going into New Mexico and stopping at dispensaries. They also do the same New Mexico fireworks stands (they stake them out and pull people over). 

Think the reap point is, despite what any particular state says, Carnival has their own rules (which is fine).  Hence a significant part of what the message they are trying to deliver is.  Like different drinking ages between different syates, does not matter when you go up the gangway.

6 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

We were on the Celebration from Miami at the end of April. We all had to stand against the wall with our backpacks, etc on the floor and the dog came by smelling everything.

I actually had that done when. Getting off the Inspiration in Tampa many years ago,

Edited by jimbo5544