Travel and Cruise Showcase 2023 scam?

9 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Thanks but I’ve looked at all the categories and can’t find a thread called Scam Pulse

Can you direct me a little closer

It's a website. Type scam pulse into Google and it comes right up.

I googled scam pulse and read their reviews on trustpilot (which I have used before).  Personally, I think I'd take whet I read on scampulse with a grain of salt

Edited by kristapb
typo
  • Like 1

Did anyone else get a mailer that gives you complimentary cruise and airfare if you attend this event  sounds like a scam but wanted to get others thoughts or experiences 

Absolutely no need to google or look at any other sites, as that age old saying springs to mind.

IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT USUALLY IS.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 12

19 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Did anyone else get a mailer that gives you complimentary cruise and airfare if you attend this event?

It sounds like a scam but wanted to get others thoughts or experiences 

I would also be skeptical (and was hoping you would get a response).  What was the event they wanted you to attend?  Are they still doing the time share stuff I wonder? 

I'll help you out.  IT'S A SCAM!  I refer you to the top Google search from Talk of the Villages January 2023 ( retirement residences in Florida) where the exact same question was posted (was that you as well?) and responses were provided from people who had called the number, friends of theirs who had called/gone to the event etc.  It is a travel club and/or timeshare.  You will get no bargains out of it.  The 'free' tickets come with many many conditions including extra fees.  I would also suggest you go to Elliott.org or Christopher Elliott's social media pages where he has many articles on travel scams and timeshare scams.

If you're still thinking about this then the adage 'a fool and his money are soon parted' comes to mind.

Throw this flyer in the trash...do not pass go, do not collect anything....

You're welcome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SeaSickCecil said:

I'll help you out.  IT'S A SCAM!  I refer you to the top Google search from Talk of the Villages January 2023 ( retirement residences in Florida) where the exact same question was posted (was that you as well?) and responses were provided from people who had called the number, friends of theirs who had called/gone to the event etc.  It is a travel club and/or timeshare.  You will get no bargains out of it.  The 'free' tickets come with many many conditions including extra fees.  I would also suggest you go to Elliott.org or Christopher Elliott's social media pages where he has many articles on travel scams and timeshare scams.

If you're still thinking about this then the adage 'a fool and his money are soon parted' comes to mind.

Throw this flyer in the trash...do not pass go, do not collect anything....

You're welcome.

Thank you and no, I have never posted about this before.

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

I would also be skeptical (and was hoping you would get a response).  What was the event they wanted you to attend?  Are they still doing the time share stuff I wonder? 

The details of the event were vague.  It indicated a local Marriott that would be hosting the event and a number to call for the event details all masked as Travel and Cruise Showcase 2023

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, the nurse said:

I got the postcard in the mail today!  I'm considering going to the show to see what is offered just out of curiosity.  Original poster:  did you go to the show?

I did not as I’ve made it my life’s work to avoid these types of scams.  Please report back after you go to the show and tell us about it

Well, we decided to attend the Next Travel Destination show.  It was held in the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Punta Gorda, Florida.  16 of us were in attendance.  The Vice President of Marketing did the presentation.  It's a members only travel agency.  He claims that there are 3 million members.  The presentation lasted about an hour and then a salesperson came to each couple's table.  The cost of the Platinum Lifetime Membership started at $9,995 with annual dues of $199.  Our salesman, offered us multiple discounts with the final price being $3,500.  We didn't accept the offer, but at least two other couples did sign up.  This was truly a "no pressure to sign up" presentation.  We were in and out in less than 90 minutes with a handshake from the salesperson.

We were given a certificate for a 5 day Carnival cruise, or options for other vacation offers.

This needs to be filled out and sent to Customer Choice Rewards, in Tarpon Springs, FL, along with a self addressed stamped envelope.  

I'll keep you posted with the outcome!  I don't have high expectations for this working out, but I felt like it would be a good experiment.  Being retired, we have the time and we found out where the free bicycle rental place is in Punta Gorda!  This was a nice diversion from dealing with Hurricane Ian repairs at our home.  

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, the nurse said:

Well, we decided to attend the Next Travel Destination show.  It was held in the Sheraton Four Points Hotel in Punta Gorda, Florida.  16 of us were in attendance.  The Vice President of Marketing did the presentation.  It's a members only travel agency.  He claims that there are 3 million members.  The presentation lasted about an hour and then a salesperson came to each couple's table.  The cost of the Platinum Lifetime Membership started at $9,995 with annual dues of $199.  Our salesman, offered us multiple discounts with the final price being $3,500.  We didn't accept the offer, but at least two other couples did sign up.  This was truly a "no pressure to sign up" presentation.  We were in and out in less than 90 minutes with a handshake from the salesperson.

We were given a certificate for a 5 day Carnival cruise, or options for other vacation offers.

This needs to be filled out and sent to Customer Choice Rewards, in Tarpon Springs, FL, along with a self addressed stamped envelope.  

I'll keep you posted with the outcome!  I don't have high expectations for this working out, but I felt like it would be a good experiment.  Being retired, we have the time and we found out where the free bicycle rental place is in Punta Gorda!  This was a nice diversion from dealing with Hurricane Ian repairs at our home.  

Glad to hear it was no pressure and your invested time was minimal.  Not what I expected to hear.  Thanks for reporting back 

• Like 1

I received this invite in today's mail. My initial thought was that they got my name from some cruise data base, if such a data base even exists. The clincher for me was that both my last and first name were spelled incorrectly (in addition to my name or "current resident" invited)  so I know they didn't get it from some legit information that the cruise lines might sell.  Oh well, I was excited for at least a moment!

Reply to "The Nurse". We also attended a "presentation" and decided (barely) to pass. We were told our vouchers would come by email ("as it is not safe for us to carry them anymore"). Have yet to see anything. Did you get your vouchers at the presentation? Have you had a response yet?

Many years ago I did something similar and after paying a fee of @ $400 I did get a vacation as advertised and even got my money refundad after completing the trip!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dougm141 said:

Reply to "The Nurse". We also attended a "presentation" and decided (barely) to pass. We were told our vouchers would come by email ("as it is not safe for us to carry them anymore"). Have yet to see anything. Did you get your vouchers at the presentation? Have you had a response yet?

Many years ago I did something similar and after paying a fee of @ $400 I did get a vacation as advertised and even got my money refundad after completing the trip!

We mailed our certificate to Customer Choice Rewards, in Tarpon Springs, FL, along with a self addressed stamped envelope about 10 days ago.  No voucher yet.  🙂

• Like 1

When I read "....you will receive (2) two complimentary round trip airline vouchers" (Yea on what airline? AND "....valid for travel from most major international airports" Yea what airports? AND (In addition you will receive (2) two nights at one of over 1,000 Marriott, Hilton, or Hyatt Hotels)......I said NO! We don't need to dilly dally on the phone with with these "MORONS" we have better things to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1