Differences from Carnival questions

I sail mostly on Carnival lately but did RCI about 100 years ago so I expect things have changed. Looking for pricing on the ultimate drink package. Does it vary depending on the ship/sailing? Can’t seem to find any numbers.

How is the checkin process? Carnival is 14 days prior to sail date for instance.

Looking to book Freedom for next month so need to find info soon. Searches here were worthless.

Thanks for any help.

Check in is at 45 days out, midnight showtime. Earliest time does fill up.

Drink pkg is outrageous as is unlimited dining lately. I'm waiting for black friday sales. Pricing is much more dynamic than carnival which is fairly set in stone. 

Drink package is good on their private islands unlike carnival. Not sure your itinerary. Not limited to 15 drinks. I'd say it's around $80 a day. I'm  ot a big enough drinker its worth it. Rcl gives free drink vouchers once you hit 80 points, diamond and TAs have group pricing I dont see on carnival for refundable deposits. There are some differences but just go and enjoy. Dont concentrate on the little stuff. 

• Like 1

You are in for a real treat!  Drink packages vary depending upon your sailing so you must look up when you make your reservation.  Check in is easy- but you cannot check in on line until about 30 days before your cruise.  The option will be on your on-line reservation. If your cruise is after the 4th of July, check the price of the drink package then.  Typically the rates go down on holidays.  However if you book at a higher rate, you can cancel and rebook.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

I sail mostly on Carnival lately but did RCI about 100 years ago so I expect things have changed. Looking for pricing on the ultimate drink package. Does it vary depending on the ship/sailing? Can’t seem to find any numbers.

How is the checkin process? Carnival is 14 days prior to sail date for instance.

Looking to book Freedom for next month so need to find info soon. Searches here were worthless.

Thanks for any help.

Check in opens at 45 days out and electronic cruise documents (luggage tags) are issued at 30 days out.  There is a way to look at current drink package prices for any cruise using this:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit#gid=0

Use the pulldown menus for ship name and date and it generates a link that opens the cruise planner for the cruise you selected.

Edited by Anton
added comments
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Anton said:

Check in opens at 45 days out and electronic cruise documents (luggage tags) are issued at 30 days out.  There is a way to look at current prices for any cruise using this:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit#gid=0

Use the pulldown menus for ship name and date and it generates a link that opens the cruise planner for the cruise you selected.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Check in opens at 45 days out and electronic cruise documents (luggage tags) are issued at 30 days out.  There is a way to look at current drink package prices for any cruise using this:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit#gid=0

Wow, this is great!  Thank you so much.  I've saved the link... did you create this?

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Anton said:

To whomever created that spreadsheet, well done.

I saved the cruise planner sheet as well. I found another one on another board that worked well too, but since this one is a Google Sheet it can follow me around on the cloud to whatever device I'm using.

• Like 1