Electrical adapter question

chris58

Hello, I will travel on Summit later this sumer/fall and it was long time ago I  went on a cruise with Celebrity.  I am from Scandinavia  and I know that different part of the world have different "plug-inns". Do I need to bring an electrical adapter with me or are there different plug-inn in the cabins? Thank you for respond./Ida

The cabins will have at least one Type F 220V and two Type B (US grounded) 120V outlets. If you're using multi-voltage electronics, it's probably useful to bring a couple of E/F to B adapters so you can use the in the US Type B outlets. Not applicable to fixed voltage items, hair dryers, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

The biggest problem is that there are no outlets near the bed, so you have to ask for an extention cord if you need something bedside like a CPAP.

On the revolutionized M class there is a 120v outlet and usb outlets on the nightstand.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 6:26 PM, Jim_Iain said:

This is the standard plugs on the M-Class.   There may be more  depending on type of room. 

You may find this thread helpful

Spot on exactly the arrangement in every cabin except suites. Even the much vaunted "revolution" hasn't changed things - except in the suites.

All 3 outlets next to the "dressing table" top, nothing near the beds and no USB outlets.

11 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Not on S class ships. Are you sure it's not just in the suites on M class?

Not just the suites. I just spent 3 weeks in a standard veranda on the Millennium. There were also a couple of USB at the desk wall outlet.

Edited by RTShaker

3 hours ago, RTShaker said:

On the revolutionized M class there is a 120v outlet and usb outlets on the nightstand.

Which currently numbers exactly one ship. I would also never use a USB plug unless you have a power-only cable because of security concerns.

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

Not just the suites. I just spent 3 weeks in a standard veranda on the Millennium. There were also a couple of USB at the desk wall outlet.

Wow so M class gets an electric upgrade but not S class except for the suites.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Wow so M class gets an electric upgrade but not S class except for the suites.

Yes, however I can only speak for the NON-suites.  The revolutionized M-Class ships got the full stateroom treatment including different furniture/nightstand/lamp with outlet.  The revolutionized S-Class ships only got new carpet, curtains, pillows, bed slash, etc, but not a furniture/nightstand update.  If anyone cares, google an updated room against a non-updated room

6 hours ago, RTShaker said:

In our cabin on Millennium there were no outlets on the nightstand.  There was a standard US three prong outlet behind the nightstand.  I pulled the nightstand away from the wall and plugged a USB charger into the outlet.

image.jpeg.085a75e91aac9b2bb49af09f8fdba4e9.jpeg

Edited by DaKahuna

5 hours ago, the penguins said:

Not on S class ships. Are you sure it's not just in the suites on M class?

I just got off Summit today.  Granted, I was in an inside HC cabin, but this was what each nightstand had:

IMG_1008.jpeg

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

In our cabin on Millennium there were no outlets on the nightstand. 

22 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I just got off Summit today.  Granted, I was in an inside HC cabin, but this was what each nightstand had:

IMG_1008.jpeg

This is the setup we had.

On 6/11/2023 at 4:19 PM, mahasamatman said:

Which currently numbers exactly one ship. I would also never use a USB plug unless you have a power-only cable because of security concerns.

It is techniclly possible but nobody has actually ever been hacked through a USB plug. And how would they do it on a ship. Most likely the vector of any attack through USB would be through the cable not the outlet. The FBI recycles their old warning every few years and my phone warns me too about unknown devices but I would not worry about public chargers on ships, US airports or supermarkets. I don't worry on a plane. I would worry in China..... In any case I don't use those ports because USB A outlets are useless to me. All my devices are USB C now. Glad there were two 120v outlets on the Summit nightstand. I used those.

Edited by Charles4515

11 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It is techniclly possible but nobody has actually ever been hacked through a USB plug. 

Not true.  An internal cyber security team I worked on receive permission to set up a rogue charging station and deploy it at a conference being sponsored by the agency we worked for.  Any mobile device that plugged into the USB ports had information downloaded from your mobile device and stored on a drive we had set up inside the charging station. 

15 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

And how would they do it on a ship. Most likely the vector of any attack through USB would be through the cable not the outlet. 

You insert a malicious device replacing the cable going to the USB outlet.  

18 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Most likely the vector of any attack through USB would be through the cable not the outlet. 

The is a special cable, called and O.MG cable, that sends code to any device that it is connected to.  Outward appearance is the same as a normal USB cable.  It is available with USB-A, USB-C, or Lightning interfaces. 

23 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

We were in a Sky Suite on Millennium. 

29 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not true.  An internal cyber security team I worked on receive permission to set up a rogue charging station and deploy it at a conference being sponsored by the agency we worked for.  Any mobile device that plugged into the USB ports had information downloaded from your mobile device and stored on a drive we had set up inside the charging station. 

That was a proof of concept, I said technically possible but it is not something that is happening in the real world. 

Edited by Charles4515