Is Royal Caribbean building any small ships?

42 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Which ports are those?

The ones they have not been calling at with them Grand Cayman comes to mind right off the bat. The largest ships that they have that can do Bermuda are Quantum class. 

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Radiance Class has never serviced Baltimore. 

You're nitpicking... if you're going to quote me use the entire sentence. It is very clear I already know this and it wasn't the meaning

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The ones they have not been calling at with them Grand Cayman comes to mind right off the bat. The largest ships that they have that can do Bermuda are Quantum class. 

Right... so Freedom & Voyager classes visit Cayman, and Q Class can do Bermuda. Those are large ships that do not require Radiance or Vision Class. Any others around the world?

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Which ports are those?

Alaska, North Atlantic, Norway, Canada…They can do quantum ships, not the numerous oasis or the upcoming icon ships. Kinda depends on what big is. 

And the home ports like Baltimore and Tampa can only deal with up to radiance class ships. 

24 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Vision Class.. not for long in my humble non-official uninformed "just taking a guess" opinion.

Radiance Class ... will be around for a lot longer than many think again in my humble non-official uninformed "just taking a guess" opinion. The likelihood that Royal builds a "small" ship under 130,000 GT is minimal. Jewel is only 20 years old this year, 5 years newer than Voyager of the Seas for example and only 5 years older than Oasis of the Seas.... I feel that Radiance Class will continue to service Baltimore, Tampa and Vancouver into the next decade while RC continue to build large(er) ships in order to make the highest profits for their shareholder.

This is one aspect I keep thinking about: how would the Discovery class fit into the fleet? One possibility I see is that the Radiance class would take over the Vision class itineraries, therefore mostly staying in the Caribbean as the Vision class does now. I could then see the Discovery class taking over the Radiance class itineraries, which seem to be more diverse to me. Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but I am very much intrigued to see how things develop.
I also agree with you about the Radiance class. I always laugh when I hear that these ships are old. The Voyager class is older, but no one seems to complain about their age.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

The consensus in our family is that our best cruise was on the Grandeur for Xmas and New Years 2018.  The kids were 11, 13, 15, and 21.  Beach days on St. Croix, St. Kitts, Antigua and Ste Maartin ranked higher with them than numerous Oasis class cruises and trips to Coco Cay.  Please don’t think all families want to go on Great Wolf of the Seas.  The beauty of the Caribbean is the Caribbean and not the ship.

I think there are a lot of families like yours who enjoy going to the various ports in the Caribbean. But it is pretty apparent RCI’s current focus is not on families like yours. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I undertand that. I am a beach loving person myself and in the Caribbean we do beaches at the ports. 

LOL, we agree!  Just Oasis ships and bigger don't hit all of the smaller islands.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RCTransatlanticLover said:

I’m in my late thirties, have never been married and never had children (and have zero desire to do so). So, I think the life of Super Mario is something I want. I just need to figure out how to make it work financially. 

I have no life on land that I enjoy. I’m only at peace when I’m at sea. 

Whatever floats your boat.  Enjoy.  My DW wishes we could be like Super Mario.  It does seem kind of idyllic doesn't it.  Love looking at the ocean from the ship, it's very relaxing.

3 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Whatever floats your boat.  Enjoy.  My DW wishes we could be like Super Mario.  It does seem kind of idyllic doesn't it.  Love looking at the ocean from the ship, it's very relaxing.

Yes, it definitely does, and it’s a dream of mine that I hope to see come to reality. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RCTransatlanticLover said:

Yes, it definitely does, and it’s a dream of mine that I hope to see come to reality. 

I say good luck to you and hope you manage to achieve your dream. Its good you have a future plan and are working towards it. 

15 hours ago, gallagher123123 said:

This is one aspect I keep thinking about: how would the Discovery class fit into the fleet? One possibility I see is that the Radiance class would take over the Vision class itineraries, therefore mostly staying in the Caribbean as the Vision class does now. I could then see the Discovery class taking over the Radiance class itineraries, which seem to be more diverse to me. Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but I am very much intrigued to see how things develop.
I also agree with you about the Radiance class. I always laugh when I hear that these ships are old. The Voyager class is older, but no one seems to complain about their age.

we love all the Radiance class ships, but probably like Brilliance and Serenade a bit more because although the green glasslike stairs in the Centrum are beautiful, they take away seating in that area.