Air thru NCL problems

Has anyone had a BIG problem with purchasing air thru NCL?  We purchased air thru NCL for a trip from PIttsburgh to Iceland.  We can not get access to reservations to get seats or to get boarding passes.  So far NCL nor Jet Blue and Iceland air are not help.  Anyone had this problem and what was the solution?

Thanks

You are going to have to be a little more specific. When is your cruise? Did you get your record locator ID?  Sometimes NCL uses placeholders in your account and final flights are different.

If your flights have actually been ticketed, you should have gotten flight information, including the E-ticket and record locator.  Sometimes flights are actually operated by partner airlines and you might have to go through that site.

I've never had an issue finding my reservations but getting seat assignments is up to the airline, may not be possible until check-in time.  Boarding passes usually not available until check-in  24hrs before your flight.

Thanks to everyone.  Yes it was the BOGO air special. We are three weeks out from the cruise.  I have a confirmation number and  was able to get seats for some legs of the flights but the one from Boston to Iceland , am unable to get seats.  

32 minutes ago, My Lady Sydney said:

Thanks to everyone.  Yes it was the BOGO air special. We are three weeks out from the cruise.  I have a confirmation number and  was able to get seats for some legs of the flights but the one from Boston to Iceland , am unable to get seats.  

This sounds like an airline policy what does Island Air say, exactly,  when you ask to get oreassigned seats?

If they say that they don’t pre-assign seats for your fare class, then that’s your answer. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

one of the problems with iceland air is that they are not a member of any airline alliance, such as one world or star alliance. (they do have partnerships with alaska airlines and jet blue, however.) so even those with status on other airlines can't choose seats ahead of time. presumably, only those who are members of iceland's own "saga club" frequent flyer program can do this.

1 hour ago, UKstages said:

one of the problems with iceland air is that they are not a member of any airline alliance, such as one world or star alliance. (they do have partnerships with alaska airlines and jet blue, however.) so even those with status on other airlines can't choose seats ahead of time. presumably, only those who are members of iceland's own "saga club" frequent flyer program can do this.

Check that again. We got BOGO from Newark to Stockholm. On both legs, we got to pick seats without charge and we go in August.

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

This sounds like an airline policy what does Island Air say, exactly,  when you ask to get oreassigned seats?

If they say that they don’t pre-assign seats for your fare class, then that’s your answer. 

I'm willing to bet that if you used BOGO air with NCL, you're in Economy, which means you can't choose a seat until 24 hours before the flight. Enjoy your cruise, BTW!

12 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm willing to bet that if you used BOGO air with NCL, you're in Economy, which means you can't choose a seat until 24 hours before the flight. Enjoy your cruise, BTW!

Not true. We leave for our cruise tomorrow, and picked our seats in Mid April. (Air Canada was the carrier for the first 2 legs). 

• Like 1

Icelandair has different types of economy based in booking inventory (what in the industry is known as RBD).  If you're in the lower RBDs you can only select seats at check in unless you're a Saga member.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UCLAman said:

Not true. We leave for our cruise tomorrow, and picked our seats in Mid April. (Air Canada was the carrier for the first 2 legs). 

You're in economy and were able to choose your seats in mid April without being members of AC's Aeroplan loyalty club?

I once had NCL use JetBlue, and I wasn't able to pick a seat until check-in 24 hrs before the flight.  Iceland Air is a much different beast though.  It does sound like an airline policy thing.  Though I do believe JetBlue and Iceland Air have a partnership and sometimes JB flights to Iceland are on IA planes. 

I booked Iceland Air for our cruise and we were able to choose our seats for free at booking in economy.  As mentioned above, they have different levels of economy.  Only the "light" version doesn't include free seats.  Of course, if you use BOGO, it is a mystery as to what fate class you will get until you have your confirmation #.

Classes of Service | Icelandair

• Like 1

It does depend on the fare class you got for the segments.  Even in economy, there are still different fare class.  Being a member of AC aeroplan (I'm a member), unless you're in their elite class, doesn't give you any more right to choose seats on some class of economy fare.  We recently bought tickets and most of the segments are on AC, and on some segments we can choose seats free, while on some segments at a different class fare we'd have to pay if we want to choose seats.  That generally applies to other airlines.

55 minutes ago, julig22 said:

The last time I got an message that said I couldn't choose my seats online ( I think it was Iceland Air) I  called and sweet-talked them into assigning me the seats I wanted.  Never hurts to try.

LOL, for our Canada Air flights, I was told we could not choose until 48 hours before without paying extra. I had been schmoozing with the agent and had told him we were going on a cruise after the flight, and would be celebrating our anniversary on the cruise. He then said hold on, let me see what I can do. He the asked if we wanted a window or an aisle, and after I checked with DW, he came back and said he could assign us seats at no charge, and he did,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

You're in economy and were able to choose your seats in mid April without being members of AC's Aeroplan loyalty club?

Yes. In fact last Tuesday (exactly 1 week prior to air departure) , NCL COMPLETELY changed our return flights (from Westjet to Lufthansa). At the time I was not able to select my seats for the new flights. But I ended up calling Lufthansa directly, and was able to get seats together (and upgrade to more leg room seats) over the phone! I was able to find a plane seat layout while speaking to the Lufthansa agent and picked my seats! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UCLAman said:

Yes. In fact last Tuesday (exactly 1 week prior to air departure) , NCL COMPLETELY changed our return flights (from Westjet to Lufthansa). At the time I was not able to select my seats for the new flights. But I ended up calling Lufthansa directly, and was able to get seats together (and upgrade to more leg room seats) over the phone! I was able to find a plane seat layout while speaking to the Lufthansa agent and picked my seats! 

I'm confused by this, earlier you said you were able to choose seats on Air Canada, but now you say you were switched from Westjet to Lufthansa. Is this a different cruise than the one that involved Air Canada flights?

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm confused by this, earlier you said you were able to choose seats on Air Canada, but now you say you were switched from Westjet to Lufthansa. Is this a different cruise than the one that involved Air Canada flights?

Not the one you quoted, but he did say the return flight. That can be on a different airline than the flight out. I know it is that way for us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Correct. I was referring to the return flights. That is were the last minute flight change occurred. 

The outbound flights I was able to select our economy seats as soon as I got the flight info 2 months prior to our departure aboard the AirCanada flights. 

Hope that makes more sense. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WickedRed said:

I once had NCL use JetBlue, and I wasn't able to pick a seat until check-in 24 hrs before the flight.  Iceland Air is a much different beast though.  It does sound like an airline policy thing.  Though I do believe JetBlue and Iceland Air have a partnership and sometimes JB flights to Iceland are on IA planes. 

The only trans-Atlantic route JB currently flies is to London, with Paris and Netherlands being added this summer/fall. So *any* JB codeshare flight to Iceland will be on someone else’s metal. 😉 

9 hours ago, UCLAman said:

Correct. I was referring to the return flights. That is were the last minute flight change occurred. 

The outbound flights I was able to select our economy seats as soon as I got the flight info 2 months prior to our departure aboard the AirCanada flights. 

Hope that makes more sense. 

It does, yes. Thank you.