Roommate can't go

Here's a vote for NO-SHOW:

Ten days out from the cruise, wouldn't a call to re-assign and move around result in a repricing of the cabins involved?  Doesn't that get expensive?

Do you have all the passengers linked and do they show up in your app so you can swipe and see all the boarding passes?  If so, checking in as your group of three with all the passports in hand is a good smoke screen:  they're focused on getting the people in front of them properly checked in, meaning health questions, picture, and passport scan.  After that, it's MOVE ALONG.

Lastly, "across the hall" or adjoining seems to be acceptable as the current volume of families with children is higher than the number of connecting rooms to accommodate.  I'm pretty sure they've relaxed their policy because they LOVE the occupancy rates as high as 118% which results from triple and quad occ rooms.

Let the sleeping dog rest.

Hope it all works out!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ms313city said:

Our rooms are next door to each other. Waiting to hear if the hospital will keep him or not

I believe from our experience that will be fine.  Our kids are 20, 18 and 10. We could only have them in a separate room from us if they were directly next door or directly across the hall. Tried booking with one room between us and were not able.  Also tried diagonally across and not allowed. From what I understand, as long as they are adjacent (not necessarily connecting) and you are ok with them being alone in the room, it should be fine. 
I would probably go with the no show at the port since you would lose the money anyway so as not to reprice anything or have Royal mess anything up!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bayportkat said:

I believe from our experience that will be fine.  Our kids are 20, 18 and 10. We could only have them in a separate room from us if they were directly next door or directly across the hall. Tried booking with one room between us and were not able.  Also tried diagonally across and not allowed. From what I understand, as long as they are adjacent (not necessarily connecting) and you are ok with them being alone in the room, it should be fine. 
I would probably go with the no show at the port since you would lose the money anyway so as not to reprice anything or have Royal mess anything up!

Thank you

15 hours ago, PWP-001 said:

Here's a vote for NO-SHOW:

Ten days out from the cruise, wouldn't a call to re-assign and move around result in a repricing of the cabins involved?  Doesn't that get expensive?

Do you have all the passengers linked and do they show up in your app so you can swipe and see all the boarding passes?  If so, checking in as your group of three with all the passports in hand is a good smoke screen:  they're focused on getting the people in front of them properly checked in, meaning health questions, picture, and passport scan.  After that, it's MOVE ALONG.

Lastly, "across the hall" or adjoining seems to be acceptable as the current volume of families with children is higher than the number of connecting rooms to accommodate.  I'm pretty sure they've relaxed their policy because they LOVE the occupancy rates as high as 118% which results from triple and quad occ rooms.

Let the sleeping dog rest.

Hope it all works out!

Yes! All of us but him are checked in. Thank u

23 minutes ago, Ms313city said:

Will do!

You will be fine with the child in the cabin next door.  RCCL is fine with this.  We have done it many times.  Had our daughters, who were 8 at the time of sailing, in their own cabin beside ours.  As another previous poster suggested, I would be putting the 2 kids in the cabin together and enjoying my own cabin in your circumstances.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 2:06 PM, Ms313city said:

Great info. Thank u

Don’t even bring it to Royals attention. What they don’t know they can’t change. I have cruised many times when I booked for both of us. If hubby couldn’t make it due to work he would be a no show. Was not asked any questions. Bringing it to Royals attention could be asking for trouble.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 11:03 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Don’t even bring it to Royals attention. What they don’t know they can’t change. I have cruised many times when I booked for both of us. If hubby couldn’t make it due to work he would be a no show. Was not asked any questions. Bringing it to Royals attention could be asking for trouble.

That makes sense! Which is why I cam here lol

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 8:06 AM, Ms313city said:

Both my kids are attending this cruise on Royal. My daughter bunks with me and in another room my cousin bunks with my son(14 yo). My cousin can't go. Will they deny my son access?

Just an update... my cousin is out the hospital and doing OK. He will be able to go. I appreciate all of you for helping because I was panicking. I hope I can be some assistance to any of you someday! 🙂

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Ms313city said:

Just an update... my cousin is out the hospital and doing OK. He will be able to go. I appreciate all of you for helping because I was panicking. I hope I can be some assistance to any of you someday! 🙂

Feels really good to know we were able to ease your mind a bit over the last few days.  Have a super cruise, you deserve it!  I'd never advise anyone to do it, but I would have ignored the whole situation and set up the cabins however I wanted. If anyone asked about the cousin, he's sick and can't cruise.   It's really none of the cruiseline's business how things are handled, as long as the pax are responsible and smart about it all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ms313city said:

I'm glad your cousin is doing better.  Have a great cruise!

14 hours ago, jsn55 said:

Feels really good to know we were able to ease your mind a bit over the last few days.  Have a super cruise, you deserve it!  I'd never advise anyone to do it, but I would have ignored the whole situation and set up the cabins however I wanted. If anyone asked about the cousin, he's sick and can't cruise.   It's really none of the cruiseline's business how things are handled, as long as the pax are responsible and smart about it all.

I thought the same thing. I was gonna not say anything and act shocked lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ms313city said:

Great news - have a blast, sounds like a much needed vacation!!

• Like 1