First cruise question Caribbean Princess

Krap

Hello,

I will on the Caribbean Princess in February and I am thinking of this room on deck 10.  Does anyone know if this room has a bigger balcony? It seems to from the picture. 

image.thumb.png.b7f89bf8d3fa02b4bcb59a3f618ac751.png

Good question.  99% sure that's Dolphin, Deck 9 though. With my statement being applicable to Dolphin deck 9 - my inclination would be to say yes, as I have stayed in a similar cabin all the way aft on other grand class ships where the additional cut-out was indeed additional balcony space (almost 2x), but I can't confirm 100% that the space is accessible on those forward cabins, but if I had to bet, I'd go with yes.

Edit: Having looked at deck plans I believe that's D105, a family suite, and it does indeed have a larger balcony.

Edited by PMGS247
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Krap said:

I will on the Caribbean Princess in February and I am thinking of this room on deck 10.  Does anyone know if this room has a bigger balcony? It seems to from the picture.

@PMGS247 appears to be correct.  It does look like it is Dolphin Deck 9.  The cabins at the front are Family Suites (D106 on Port side and D105 on Starboard side):

cb_sx_diagram.jpg
cabin image small cabin image diagram small

Stateroom Number: D105
Type: Family Suite

Category: S8
Deck: 9 (Dolphin)
Bath Type: Shower/tub
Connecting Room: D101
Average Size: 427 sq. ft.

Special Notes:
2 Bdrm Family Suite Sleeps Up To 4 With 2 Single Sofa Beds Must Book With D101

View Stateroom Types & Amenities
  Edited by Abercrombie2019
added room layout diagram
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krap said:

Okay thank you, it is hard to tell the deck numbers from the outside of the ship 😄

Yes! If you count, you have to remember it's like a hotel and there's no deck 13. Where people are standing on the bridge, they are on deck 15...I suppose if you're standing IN the bridge you're on deck 14.  I did the same thing a couple times just to confirm but I've also stayed on Dolphin deck a number of times and that looks like it.  If I'm wrong then that completely changes the situation but I'm pretty confident, and it seems to make sense that would be a suite for the balcony size.

As I said you can get the benefit of an extended balcony on a mini-suite on Dolphin deck at the far aft BUT the Caribbean Princess specifically is odd in that those far aft mini suites are apparently oddly shaped and you cannot get a queen bed configuration; only two twins.  Other Grand class ships, at least I know for a fact on the Crown and the Emerald, those far aft Dolphin mini's are like any other mini and have extra large balconies due to that little cut-out.

Edited by PMGS247

I believe that you and Ambercrombie2019 are correct. Thank you both for all of the information. I have booked a balcony room at the front of the ship on deck 10. I did read that the front of the ship may cause more nausea, but I think it will be okay.

1 hour ago, Krap said:

Hello,

image.thumb.png.b7f89bf8d3fa02b4bcb59a3f618ac751.png

That looks like an S8 category D105 and D106 are suites, deck 9 Dolphin deck.

If you don’t want a suite, but a balcony with a large balcony, book Deck 10, Caribe deck.  It is half covered and we’ve stayed in them many times on the CB.

The life boats are on deck 8.

23 hours ago, Krap said:

I looked on deckplans.com, the room I got does not mention a blocked balcony.

Just look at the balcony you circled. Part of it is metal. There are many photos of the ship online if you select the "Images" tab.

38 minutes ago, nini said:

Just look at the balcony you circled. Part of it is metal. There are many photos of the ship online if you select the "Images" tab.

I think we landed on Krap's cabin not being the one circled, but one deck up. The one circled is a suite.

All port and starboard balcony cabins on deck 10, Caribe Deck, have 9ft x 9ft balconies with 5ft of cover from deck 11 and 4ft uncovered. The balcony has two chairs and a small table. The interiors are the same as other balcony category cabins on the ship. 

3 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

I think we landed on Krap's cabin not being the one circled, but one deck up. The one circled is a suite.

Without detailed information, it is tough to answer your question. If I had a cabin number, that would help.

I have found YouTube and the images tab on a search to be very helpful.

Please excuse the mumbling below. I am onboard the Sky and can not fix it. I will add to the comments regarding the Caribe deck. It is a great deck on the older ships.

@skynight