Diamond event with the captain

wwwcruisers

No.  But I'll guess it might be similar to having a few Diamonds with the Captain and officers on a 7 day cruise.  We've met with the Captain singly, with another Diamond, and on up to 6 Diamonds in the piano bar, the disco, in the actual deck hall.  Drinks and hors d ouevres served.

I usually chatted with the Captain about our Italian grandmothers and their food/cooking. I found this more entertaining than a more formal setup.

7 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

We have had Diamond events with the Captain and Officers only on 5 day or more cruises, never had anything on 4 day cruises.

i just checked the website.  While the Welcome Back Party is limited to 5 days or more, the Captain’s Event is not.  Hope they have one on the Liberty at the end of the month, as my husband and I will finally be Diamond then. If not, I am sure the Pride will have it on our 12 night cruise in July.  

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 9:01 PM, evandbob said:

No.  But I'll guess it might be similar to having a few Diamonds with the Captain and officers on a 7 day cruise.  We've met with the Captain singly, with another Diamond, and on up to 6 Diamonds in the piano bar, the disco, in the actual deck hall.  Drinks and hors d ouevres served.

I usually chatted with the Captain about our Italian grandmothers and their food/cooking. I found this more entertaining than a more formal setup.

Much prefer the older get together with senior officers in small settings as opposed to the drink it up as quick as you can luncheons,

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Much prefer the older get together with senior officers in small settings as opposed to the drink it up as quick as you can luncheons,

Agreed, Jimbo, but usually at that time the officers outnumbered the Diamond guests. On most cruises today it's more than just a handful of Diamonds.

1 minute ago, chocolate melting cake said:

Agreed, Jimbo, but usually at that time the officers outnumbered the Diamond guests. On most cruises today it's more than just a handful of Diamonds.

Agree, jusat stating my preference.  We have been Journey cruises where there were almost 400 Diamonds and 2000 Plats.  Not trying toi steal the thread but something has to give.  

• Like 1