Sky Suite PP/PD versus Aqua etc? Millennium

zitsky

On Millennium.

Has anyone posted a comparison?  I'll search but I'm not sure what to search for.  For a Bali 12 day cruise I'm getting $365 PP/PD for Aqua and $600 PP/PD for Sky Suite.  This is before OBC.  It comes down a bit if you include that.  $825 OBC Aqua.  $1825 OBC Sky Suite.

Not sure if this is typical, if there is such a thing as typical fares.

Edited by zitsky

• zitsky changed the title to Sky Suite PP/PD versus Aqua etc? Millennium

You are going to get so many differences in price based on cruise length, ports, demand ect.  You need to just decide what you are comfortable with.  You are the only one who can decide what is important to you.  I think you are really over stressing about what cabin to pick.

• Thanks 1

From my experience there are no typical differences as pricing is based in supply and demand.

in your example the Sky Suite at $1200 a day for two people is a really bad deal.

I have not cruised in an Aqua class since was changed to include the AI, so I do not know if it is a good deal.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

You are going to get so many differences in price based on cruise length, ports, demand ect.  You need to just decide what you are comfortable with.  You are the only one who can decide what is important to you.  I think you are really over stressing about what cabin to pick.

It’s not stress.  I’m a project manager.  It’s called research.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

The posters cruise difference is $235 per day per person not $600PP..

I have no experience with Aqua Class with the AI included, so I was not focused on the difference.  

I was just saying that the $1200 a day for two people is a bad deal for a Sky Suite IMO.  

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I have experience with Aqua Class with the AI included, so I was not focused on the difference.  

I was just saying that the $1200 a day for two people is a bad deal for a Sky Suite IMO.  

I’ll look at a few other sailings such as Beyond.

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’ll look at a few other sailings such as Beyond.

Why are you looking at the Beyond. I thought you were looking at Millie for Asia? X has Millie and Solstice sailing in Asia.

We have done 4 cruises in Asia. 3 on Millie and one with Princess. Personally I like Millie. I would be comparing Millie to Solstice. When we cruise Asia it is more about what we are seeing at each stop. Not what specialty restaurant or Glass blowing are onboard. 

We have 3 cruises booked with X. Eclipse Celebrity Suite $492.52 pp per day. Apex Sky Suite $633.86 pp per day. Eclipse Celebrity Suite $885.80 pp per day. I did not factor in OBC of $800 per suite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

Why are you looking at the Beyond. I thought you were looking at Millie for Asia? X has Millie and Solstice sailing in Asia.

We have done 4 cruises in Asia. 3 on Millie and one with Princess. Personally I like Millie. I would be comparing Millie to Solstice. When we cruise Asia it is more about what we are seeing at each stop. Not what specialty restaurant or Glass blowing are onboard. 

We have 3 cruises booked with X. Eclipse Celebrity Suite $492.52 pp per day. Apex Sky Suite $633.86 pp per day. Eclipse Celebrity Suite $885.80 pp per day. I did not factor in OBC of $800 per suite.

I agree, either they need to decide where they want to go and then depending on that the most important thing would be the itinerary with the least amount of sea days.  If you are cruising in Asia I would assume you want to see the most that you can and ship should not matter.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

On Millennium.

Has anyone posted a comparison?  I'll search but I'm not sure what to search for.  For a Bali 12 day cruise I'm getting $365 PP/PD for Aqua and $600 PP/PD for Sky Suite.  This is before OBC.  It comes down a bit if you include that.  $825 OBC Aqua.  $1825 OBC Sky Suite.

Not sure if this is typical, if there is such a thing as typical fares.

I'm not sure of your point. Suites are always going to be more expensive than Aqua class.  Newer E class will be more expensive than M class, especially if the ship has not been revolutionized. Different itineraries are going to have different PP/PD rates across the same class ships in the same cabin category. 

For example, our 2 cruises in a PH have a PD rate difference of $420 PP/PD.  One is on Equinox the other on Beyond. There is a $320 PP/PD difference between a PH and RS on Beyond (different sailings but the same itinerary).

Posting a comparison is meaningless given the number of ships, categories and itineraries.

• Like 1

We know the itinerary we want.  So I looked at where we want to go and what ship we want to take.  I compared prices with other Millennium tours and a few Beyond cruises to see if prices are reasonable.  As I expected you can find cruises that are cheaper or more expensive depending on time of year, how popular the route is etc.

My husband is a project manager. I get it. 

We're paying $507 pp/pd for our 7-day Alaskan cruise on the Millennium for a Sky Suite, not counting the $900 in OBC we received. That brings it down to $442 pp/pd. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

We're paying $507 pp/pd for our 7-day Alaskan cruise on the Millennium for a Sky Suite, not counting the $900 in OBC we received. That brings it down to $442 pp/pd. 

We did Millie Seward to Vancouver last June. It was our favorite Alaska cruise. We have sailed Alaska many times. Enjoy your trip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

Thanks.  That’s what I’m looking for.  Some idea what others have paid.  For same ship.  Same cabin.  I added Aqua because that’s what I’m looking at.  Aqua and Sky Suite.

I’ve looked at same ship, same cabin on different dates.  Seems logical to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

We did Millie Seward to Vancouver last June. It was our favorite Alaska cruise. We have sailed Alaska many times. Enjoy your trip. 

Thanks.  Millie is not perfect but it might work for us.  I don’t understand some of the design changes that they made that appear to give you less storage.

Did you use the Retreat sun deck at all considering your location?  Since there is no bar I wonder if anyone provided drink service?

My partner doesn’t understand that if you want a specific cabin, you need to jump on it.  Sure maybe it goes on sale but that happens.  Maybe we can get a price reduction before final payment.

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks.  That’s what I’m looking for.  Some idea what others have paid.  For same ship.  Same cabin.  I added Aqua because that’s what I’m looking at.  Aqua and Sky Suite.

I still do not understand this, the Itinerary will also impact the price greatly.  So just comparing the same ship with any sailing is not going to be completely relevant.  Also the length of the cruise can change the price, sometimes it is harder for them to sell longer cruises so the price can be better.

29 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks.  Millie is not perfect but it might work for us.  I don’t understand some of the design changes that they made that appear to give you less storage.

Did you use the Retreat sun deck at all considering your location?  Since there is no bar I wonder if anyone provided drink service?

My partner doesn’t understand that if you want a specific cabin, you need to jump on it.  Sure maybe it goes on sale but that happens.  Maybe we can get a price reduction before final payment.

As far as I know you can still easily get a prices adjustment before final payment if the price goes down. 

As far as retreat didn't you already ask this on another post?  They have drink service and I would assume it is probably better than any other bar on the ship.  Again how much you use this area is going to depend on your itinerary.  Asia cruises are very port intensive with long days.  You will probably then only use it on sea days.

1 minute ago, micruiser2002 said:

I still do not understand this, the Itinerary will also impact the price greatly.  So just comparing the same ship with any sailing is not going to be completely relevant.  Also the length of the cruise can change the price, sometimes it is harder for them to sell longer cruises so the price can be better.

Hey the information may not interest you but I find it useful.

Factors such as holiday affect price on same ship same cabin.

I would happily do the Beyond again in a suite.

I found a thread about Millie which might answer some questions.

5 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

As far as I know you can still easily get a prices adjustment before final payment if the price goes down. 

As far as retreat didn't you already ask this on another post?  They have drink service and I would assume it is probably better than any other bar on the ship.  Again how much you use this area is going to depend on your itinerary.  Asia cruises are very port intensive with long days.  You will probably then only use it on sea days.

I asked a question from someone who I don’t remember commenting on my other thread.  Maybe they did.  If so, then I apologize to you.

I recall one comment from a search that said there was no staff on the sun deck. One reply out of dozens.  So yes it shouldn’t be a problem.  I’m perfectly capable of getting my own drinks if someone points me in the right direction.

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I asked a question from someone who I don’t remember commenting on my other thread.  Maybe they did.  If so, then I apologize to you.

I recall one comment from a search that said there was no staff on the sun deck. One reply out of dozens.  So yes it shouldn’t be a problem.  I’m perfectly capable of getting my own drinks if someone points me in the right direction.

This is what is on the Celebrity website, I would be very surprised if there were not servers on this deck.  They also have a dining section to order lunch.image.png.54135fba416e7a05ac36daa1bfcfe647.png

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

I should have added that I opted for a guarantee sky suite, not one where I picked the room. That saved us a total of $71 pp per day. 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Solstice sky suite does have a lot more drawers space over Millie. We now travel more on the lighter side. While I do dress within X dress code. I wear grey jeans every night with a polo or short sleeve shirt. Gray jeans and long sleeve shirt on Evening Chic. I might even wear the same shirt twice.😨

Yes we ate lunch at the Retreat sundeck on Millie. There was a total of 6 of us for lunch while in port. The Retreat sundeck was staffed with 2 guys. We ordered drinks and lunch. The Retreat is one deck up from the Sky Lounge. Maybe the drinks came from their. 

As to when to book. I'm with you, book early. Now that X has changed the deposits for suites you might see more suites available for longer than in the past.

7 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

I should have added that I opted for a guarantee sky suite, not one where I picked the room. That saved us a total of $71 pp per day. 

As to your guarantee sky suite. Their are 3 types of sky suites now. Were you able to pick not cabin, but what type of sky suite you wanted. I think I know the answer. 

15 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

As to your guarantee sky suite. Their are 3 types of sky suites now. Were you able to pick not cabin, but what type of sky suite you wanted. I think I know the answer. 

no, it was just a guarantee sky suite on the Millennium. No specific type of sky suite. They ended up giving me an accessible sky suite. I actually knew that was very likely going to be my cabin when I booked because that was all that was left, other than aqua sky suites, when I changed my cabin from a family SV (that big one on the corner with the giant deck) to a guarantee sky suite. I know there's an issue with the water coming out of the shower stall, but I was okay with that since it put me into the Retreat for what I considered a really good price - it was around $2K more to go into the guarantee suite over what I was paying for the SV and for that $2K I also received the premium drink package, premium Wi-Fi, hundreds more in OBC (was it $900? I forget now the exact amount. I already had some OBC. I might have more than that in OBC total.) and the other suite benefits. 

Edited by Sigyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1