Specialty dining reservations

Monthend

I have seen comments that you need to book specialty  dining reservations  in advance if you want a special time. Some have already booked for March 2024. I don't see how to do that on the app. Also can book for two cabins.

Guest 4-2-N-8

Depending upon which stateroom you are in, the shoreside team can make all your dining reservations for the venues/days/times you want and this is included in your cruise. It is very convenient and you get exactly what you want.

If you bought a dining package you cannot book your date and time in advance.  If you are just purchasing a dinner then on the Celebrity website in your cruise planner you can purchase and select date and time at that time.  I do not think the app lets you do much in advance of the cruise.

9 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

If you bought a dining package you cannot book your date and time in advance.  If you are just purchasing a dinner then on the Celebrity website in your cruise planner you can purchase and select date and time at that time.  I do not think the app lets you do much in advance of the cruise.

My post was for a cruise about 5 months away. U am also able to book specialty dining for my April 2024 cruises.

Edited by jelayne

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

My post was for a cruise about 5 months away. U am also able to book specialty dining for my April 2024 cruises.

Yes sorry, when I clicked my link for my cruise in October nothing happened the first time.  I just tried again and it is working.

There have been many treads/posts re Specialty dining reservations--- Lots of 'em.

Someone ( I forget who ) mentioned ( many times ) that if a day and time is not available on line, then, as soon as you board the ship go straight to the restaurant and speak to the Maitre'd. ( Forget about " racing " to the OVC ).

Give him/her your cabin number, and most likely there will be a cancellation and you will be accommodated.

Remember to say Thank You ( $$ ).

LOL-- I wish I could remember who posted it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

There have been many treads/posts re Specialty dining reservations--- Lots of 'em.

Someone ( I forget who ) mentioned ( many times ) that if a day and time is not available on line, then, as soon as you board the ship go straight to the restaurant and speak to the Maitre'd. ( Forget about " racing " to the OVC ).

Give him/her your cabin number, and most likely there will be a cancellation and you will be accommodated.

You have got to 'race' to the OVC as you got to eat or do you want me to pass out?

As you say, there are cancellations and there is a "list" of cruisers that show appreciation.💰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

I also do not believe they have all availability on the app.  I think they save some bookings for suites and onboard reservations.

1 hour ago, keesar said:

do you want me to pass out?

No worries, you won't pass out-- eat 6 donuts on the way to the cruise.

Don't forget---Ya gotta " beat 'em " for an extra plate of 9 pieces of pizza or, or whatever you eat.

27 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

I think they save some bookings for suites and onboard reservations.

I agree--- I'll bet $ 100 ( Canadian ) that they do save space for " sweets ( $$$ )"  that come with onboard " reservation cancellations " ( ?? ).

Some people think it's a bribe --others enjoy their dinner and look at it as " What's an extra $ 200 "??

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

No worries, you won't pass out-- eat 6 donuts on the way to the cruise.

Don't forget---Ya gotta " beat 'em " for an extra plate of 9 pieces of pizza or, or whatever you eat.

One piece of that "pizza" is more than I can handle.  Tasteless.

I will run to the grill for one of those Hamburg patties lying in the pan of drippings and load it up with condiments.

5 hours ago, Pinboy said:

pb is that how you have done it??? LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

41 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

pb is that how you have done it??? LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

What ??--Who ??--- Me ?? -- Would I do something like that ?? LOL--- Is that nice ??

Ok--- Guilty !! 

I was " taught " by the " Best"---- Yes, it was -- Oops, gotta keep his name a secret---

Hint---- He was working on the ship--- the Maitre'd --- all he did was ask for our cabin number and smiled/winked ( true story )--- and, the next thing I remember was a phone call to our cabin with " Good news, we are able to accommodate you etc, etc ".

Guess who was there to greet us when we arrived at the restaurant ??

LOL--- It's all part of the fun ( $$ ).

• Haha 1