Booking 2 Savers, Room Allocated Together?

GSPG

We booked 3 cabins on early saver linked the bookings. 2 cabins were near one another and the other one was half the ship away.  This was on Iona last august. I ended up changing my booking to a balcony on deck 5 near to the other 2 sea view cabins that my children and grandchildren were in. Cost me an additional £400!  

• Like 1

I booked four cabins for last September on Britannia, all the same grade. Ours was on a select fare so we knew the cabin and location. Our three adult children and their partners we on a saver fare, but we were all linked.  I asked if they could be close to us, if availablity allowed, or failing that, close to each other. I also sent an email, but in the full knowledge that it would be pot luck.

They were allocated cabins two decks below us, two of the siblings next to each other on the starboard side, and the other in the same section, but on the port side.

Yes, whole family of 10 - 5 cabins, put in a block together.  Only time different I shared with my aunt who required a shower rather than bath so we had a separate floor.  On all.occasions the family sailed together we ask if availability allows can we be near each other and to date never not been - 7 cruises in total.

It would be most unfair if people have booked a specific cabin on Select fare, with the no upgrade box ticked (as many do) were expected to move / be ‘upgraded’ because they have a family / friends linked group on a saver fare requesting multiple adjacent cabins. When saver cabins are allocated, it is unlikely that a block of cabins are all unallocated. There is only one way to ensure you get cabins together and that is to take the more expensive option and to book select and choose your cabins. 

• Like 2

You do all realise that linking bookings together only gets you a table in the MDR. it in no way links anything else including cabins. So on Iona & Arvia there is no point at all in doing it.

• Like 1

I booked 2 saver rate inside cabins for myself and my parents at the end of May there to sail on Iona on the 15th of July. Just received both of our cabin allocations, right next to each other! Linked the bookings last week.