When do reservations for shows open?

I am sailing on Wonder of the Seas on July 30th, and I was surprised to find when I logged in today that all but one of the shows says sold out. I was under the impression that show reservations don't open up until 30 days before sailing. Should I expect reservations to open at the end of the month, or are the shows actually already full?

1 minute ago, alishac said:

Should I expect reservations to open at the end of the month, or are the shows actually already full?

They typically open on the 1st of the month before your sailing. There should be more spots available on board. 

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

They typically open on the 1st of the month before your sailing. There should be more spots available on board. 

It varies a lot more than that. 30 days out not on the 1st for my recent Wonder cruise. Others sailing on Wonder in June had theirs open farther out not on May 1st either.

30-60 days is the estimate I go with.

My daughter’s July 2 sailing on Wonder opened on June 1….since she had me reminding her, she was able to reserve all shows. I’m the one that’s OCD about it…🤪

However, I will admit to watching occasionally prior to June 1.

3 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I’m the one that’s OCD about it…🤪

However, I will admit to watching occasionally prior to June 1.

We're sailing August 4, and I check every day. Yeah, I'm OCD for sure. 😄 I have to assume reservations will open before August 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alishac said:

So if it says the shows are full should I assume that they are and try to book onboard? Or does it say full until they actually open the reservations?

When I go to the entertainment tab on "plan my cruise", it tells me they are still working on it and to check back later.

Is yours actually saying they are sold out (full)?

2 minutes ago, alishac said:

So if it says the shows are full should I assume that they are and try to book onboard? Or does it say full until they actually open the reservations?

If it says full then they are open for booking. Keep checking, something might become available before sailing, otherwise do it on board. 

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

If it says full then they are open for booking. Keep checking, something might become available before sailing, otherwise do it on board. 

To add to this, it should be assumed you will be using the app to make the reservations.  It's quite quick and we've been able to book as Biker19 suggests to about 2pm of boarding day.  The only show we've ever had issues with was the comedy show.

12 minutes ago, RoundGuy2771 said:

We're sailing August 4, and I check every day. Yeah, I'm OCD for sure. 😄 I have to assume reservations will open before August 1.

Most likely July 1, but keep checking.

20 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

I'm sailing in 10 days and I don't see any Entertainment options yet.

Well, correction. I am seeing it on the app, but not on the website. Not every show is appearing and the ones that do have the reserve button grayed out with a message below the button that says "Add to calendar after you board."

Shows that can be prebooked are shown in the planner, but I think its only available on Oasis and Quantum class ships, (maybe some Freedom class, others can confirm) 

Other class of ships you don't need to prebook.

If you are on Oasis or Quantum class ship and can't  book because its  'sold out' in planner you can do it on board either through the app (best way) or box office sessions if you're struggling with the app

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1