Edge Class - Dinner on the Magic Carpet

Ferry_Watcher

We have a cruise scheduled next year on the Edge, and I just saw that we could book dinner there for $119 each.  We currently have two dinners booked in Eden, but I was wondering if the dinner on the Magic Carpet would be worth the $240 for the both of us?  The cruise is to Alaska, so weather could be iffy.

Or, is it just as well to try to experience the Magic Carpet during the day for a drink, or just hanging out (if that is even an option)

Any thoughts, guidance, or recommendations?

We booked dinner on the edge for our cruise to Norway next month. We had drinks out there before and felt it would be a nice dinner experience, even at the cost. My bigger concern is what night they hold it depending on other plans we have since it shows up as first day at noon on our itinerary. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve not yet booked dinner on the Magic Carpet (aka Dinner on the Edge) because it’s very weather dependent. On Edge in particular, it’s a challenging space for dining if there’s any wind at all (such as when she is underway instead of docked). I haven’t yet been to Alaska, but personally, I wouldn’t book the venue on an itinerary that is rainy, windy and/or cold. For me, the wind is the biggest issue, because it can blow food and drinks over or off the table entirely. BTW, on Edge, wind can be an issue at the Rooftop Garden Grill too.

The MC is a fun space to have a drink, and we’ve had no problem hanging out after nursing a drink when it hasn’t been crowded. The Magic Carpet bar is also open at night (excepting nights the MC is being used for dinners). We’ve also hung out at the rail when the bar hasn’t yet opened (unless it’s roped off) for sail in or sail away.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

On Edge in particular, it’s a challenging space for dining if there’s any wind at all (such as when she is underway instead of docked).

That was my concern about Dinner on the Edge- weather and wind.  I met another CCer on my last cruise and she really liked dining in Eden, and recommended that we pre-book there - which we did. 

I just thought I would ask what folks thought re the Magic Carpet.  I think that just hanging out with a drink will satisfy my curiosity about the Magic Carpet.

19 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

That was my concern about Dinner on the Edge- weather and wind.  I met another CCer on my last cruise and she really liked dining in Eden, and recommended that we pre-book there - which we did. 

I just thought I would ask what folks thought re the Magic Carpet.  I think that just hanging out with a drink will satisfy my curiosity about the Magic Carpet.

Sounds like a good call. We haven’t booked it for our upcoming Norway/Iceland and Ireland b2b on Apex for that reason. I am considering it for our Mediterranean cruise on Beyond next May.

We love Eden. We book it every time we book a cruise on an Edge class ship. I’m thinking about booking it for two nights on our cruise to Hawaii next autumn (on Edge). 

Edited by Silkroad

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

So if you have booked a dinner for the night that becomes the Magic Carpet dinner night they ask which you want to cancel?

Or try and switch your non MC dinner to another night.