Where can you eat for free on Oasis?

Have been on 3 RCI cruises in the past, but it's been a long time and never on anything as big as the Oasis. Have booked with my DD for November. We are not picky and will not be paying for dining in specialty restaurants. What options do we have for free dining? Do we need reservations? They assigned us anytime dining and when I looked all that was left was for much later than we would want to dine. Do they hold back some reservations for once on board?

38 minutes ago, vswan said:

Have been on 3 RCI cruises in the past, but it's been a long time and never on anything as big as the Oasis. Have booked with my DD for November. We are not picky and will not be paying for dining in specialty restaurants. What options do we have for free dining? Do we need reservations? They assigned us anytime dining and when I looked all that was left was for much later than we would want to dine. Do they hold back some reservations for once on board?

Windjammer, solarium, hot dog house, park cafe, sorrentos, promenade cafe, el loco all free.  And of course main dining room for brunch and dinner.  You can ask for earlier time when arrive but they also have a no reservation line that works fine.

you won’t go hungry!  I had planned to pay for port side bbq but we loved all the free places we never got around to it.

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Johnny rockets is free for breakfast. I assume the donut shop had free donuts, but they didnt look like anything I wanted.

where is the donut shop on the oasis? i never found it on my cruise last month

13 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Used to be on boardwalk but no longer there. Allure may still have 'boardwalk donuts'.

Could be. I'm on allure b2b in sept, harmony b3b nov 26 and did oasis in march.

I've been on enough I could be thinking of allure with the donut shop. Stupid anyway, same donuts as up in WJ.

• Main Dining Room
  • Windjammer Cafe
  • Solarium Bistro
  • Poolside food truck, increasing the total number of dining options on the pool deck to three
  • Park Café
  • Cafe Promenadé
  • Sorrento’s Pizza
  • Boardwalk Dog House
  • El Loco Fresh
  • Sprinkles for ice cream
  • Coastal Kitchen (suites only)
  • Room service (continental breakfast only)
  • Johnny Rockets (breakfast only)

I would just add that the upcharge for Portside BBQ is between about $12 and 19 per person depending on how much food you order (one, two, or three meats) and it is well worth it if you like barbeque pork, chicken, brisket and ribs. No reservations required despite what the cruise compass says.

One big downside is the lack of food available after 9 pm. After 9 it is just Cafe Promenade, Playmakers ($), Sorrento's, and room service, all with very limited offerings. Plan to eat dinner before 9 pm. If you're still hungry after dinner then pizza may suffice. Also some of the quick service venues such as Park Cafe, El Loco Fresh, and Boardwalk Dog House may close even earlier between 5 and 6 pm.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 5:53 PM, martikus said:

Windjammer, solarium, hot dog house, park cafe, sorrentos, promenade cafe, el loco all free.  And of course main dining room for brunch and dinner.  You can ask for earlier time when arrive but they also have a no reservation line that works fine.

you won’t go hungry!  I had planned to pay for port side bbq but we loved all the free places we never got around to it.

Would this list be the same for the Allure?

Not to split hairs or anything, but nothing is really 'free' onboard a cruise. Some things incur an up charge such as excursions, specialty dining, etc., and others are included in your cruise fare, i.e., dining room food, buffet, entertainment, etc.

Bottom line is that you pay for everything one way or another. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SC_Floaters said:
  • Main Dining Room
  • Windjammer Cafe
  • Solarium Bistro
  • Poolside food truck, increasing the total number of dining options on the pool deck to three
  • Park Café
  • Cafe Promenadé
  • Sorrento’s Pizza
  • Boardwalk Dog House
  • El Loco Fresh
  • Sprinkles for ice cream
  • Coastal Kitchen (suites only)
  • Room service (continental breakfast only)
  • Johnny Rockets (breakfast only)

For the continental breakfast, do you put a door hanger order out the night before, or do you have to call them in the morning?