GTY cabin..

sollan

We are cruising July 18 - 26 and have a GTY cabin. I wonder when we will get information on what cabin we will get?

This is the first time we have a GTY.

Wish you all a "Trevlig midsommar" from Sweden

• Like 1

On our April cruise, we had booked 3 cabins; Concierge D for us, and for our single female friend in the cabin next to us, and my brother who took a chance on the gty which could have been a window cabin.

We were embarking on Friday, and he was informed of his cabin number on Monday. He was assigned a very nice Veranda cabin on the Port side near the front of the ship, which he really enjoyed. He was under the tables in the restaurant, and heard no noise. He was very happy with his choice of gty,

• Like 1

We embarked on our first cruise last night (Friday), and had booked a GTY H. Having flown over to Stockholm on Monday night, we woke up an hour before landing on Tuesday morning to discover that we'd been assigned a Concierge D, so we did exceptionally well. I think, however, that by doing so, they have convinced us to book an F2 or better in the future, since the cabin we received is SO nice, though we would be very willing - or would perhaps even prefer - doing a GTY again, as it was kind of fun and obviously worked out great for us.

• Like 3

We booked a five segment Grand Voyage as an H guarantee for next year.  Since they say you are guaranteed "a' suite in H or higher, I figured they might assign us early so as to ensure that there is a single suite available on all five segments.  So far, still available suites in lots of categories so they haven't assigned us yet; I am thinking that they might do us earlier than a few days before to ensure a single suite for the entire trip; time will tell.

Tack! Detsamma! 

We just completed our first voyage (the 10-night from Southampton to Stockholm) on Regent. We booked a GTY H and were delighted to learn three days prior that we were assigned an F1☺️ Such a sweet suite! 

Happy travels! 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 5:10 PM, SallyLee said:

Oooo I'm GTY F2 Aug 30 Alaska. Can't wait to see what happens!

We leave on 12th on the Voyager for Alaska. Just got our cabin assignment today! We were F2 guy and got a concierge suite!🥂🥂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, lesliew said:

How can you tell which suite categories/rooms are still 'open' on a particular cruise?

I went to the site where I booked (not the cruise line site) and can shop to see what I could still book. 

Question - if you receive a higher cabin than your GTY suite, do you get the amenities of that suite?

For example, if one got a Concierge suite from a Veranda GTY, would one get the multiple devices for WiFi and priority specialty dining reservations?

1 hour ago, padgman1 said:

Question - if you receive a higher cabin than your GTY suite, do you get the amenities of that suite?

For example, if one got a Concierge suite from a Veranda GTY, would one get the multiple devices for WiFi and priority specialty dining reservations?

I believe that you do get the benefits of the suite, however generally by the time the GTY is filled you are long past the priority reservations time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, padgman1 said:

We received our Concierge D (paid for a Veranda H) roughly three days before departure, and yes, we did receive the extra WiFi logins. Of course it was too late in the window to have any priority dining reservations, and since we were on a cruise-only fare, we didn't get any airport transfers, free hotel nights or anything like that. But the extra WiFi accounts were greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2023 at 1:24 PM, lesliew said:

How can you tell which suite categories/rooms are still 'open' on a particular cruise?

You can do a "mock booking" on Regent's website.  Simply select your cruise, select "itinerary," you'll see what categories are "available" or "waitlist."  Then select "Plan My Cruise" and follow the prompt through the booking process.  You select a particular category of cabin and it'll show you the cabin numbers available.  You can do that for any category that shows availability.  

OR, you can go on an internet travel agency's website and do the same mock booking and you should be able to find what cabins are available for selection.

Edited by papaflamingo

A kludgy solution at best since you are only shown six available cabins at a time in a given category/deck. I’ve often thought it would be nice to see a complete deck with each cabin labeled as available or not, along with color coding representing the category.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

A kludgy solution at best since you are only shown six available cabins at a time in a given category/deck. I’ve often thought it would be nice to see a complete deck with each cabin labeled as available or not, along with color coding representing the category.

Six starboard and six port per deck.  Of course, the very old bug wherein if you have looked at one category on multiple decks you have to get all the way out of the booking engine to look at another category with multiple decks is still there; don't know how this has been missed for so many years.

On 7/12/2023 at 7:56 PM, wcsdkqh said:

If you use an on line TA website you should see more.  We use one specific to the travel industry (I'm retired airline) and they show all cabins in each category, not just 6.  I use the TA for booking but also to determine what the available cabins are when I book. 

• Like 2