Horizon vs. Vista

UGACamper

Although the differences are likely small,

please opine. 

Havana Interior. Specifically looking at horizontal rooms backing up to elevators. 

One big plus for Vista is driving distance. That haul to Miami gets rough. 

Thanks!

Not sure I understand the home port logic, but have sailed both multiple tomes. Another sailing on the Horizon in November.  They are very similar, more Havana cabins on Horizon than Vista.  If it were me, itinerary would be the biggest arbiter.  

Here is a link I found, there is one notable difference in the elevators, the Vista’s are like most other ships and the Horizon and sister Panorama have destination elevators where you punch in destination floor as opposed to just up and down (always a drag on the first day)

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Horizon-Vista-Sista-but-with-notable-differences

5 hours ago, UGACamper said:

please opine. 

Havana Interior. Specifically looking at horizontal rooms backing up to elevators. 

Thanks!

I'm in GA too, and I strongly prefer to drive instead of fly, so my preference is for Vista just based on driving distance.  Port Canaveral always gets my vote over Miami.

Aside from that, they are very similar. Horizon has more Havana cabins and Bonsai Teppanyaki.  Otherwise, the layout is the pretty much same.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Mr305 said:

Been on both twice, I prefer Horizon.

- Teppanyaki

- Steak House w/Piano

- Cheery on Top has shakes

- Newer ship 

Miami v Galveston. (Sorry @Eli_6, it ain't close. 🙂)

We just got off Vista yesterday and much prefer Horizon and Panorama over Vista.  We had no propulsion issues on our trip that I was aware of (we were early to most of the ports and were off the ship and in our Uber by 7:55 am for debarkation) but I found Vista to be in pretty rough shape for an 8 year old ship (I would have guessed it was 10 years older than Panorama).  It didn't help that we had a leak/water issue in the area of our cabin so it constantly smelled musty (and some days the carpet in the hallway was so saturated they would bring out the carpet cleaner to extract water and put out industrial fans to try to dry it out.  This spanned approximately 10 cabins.  Our family had a total of 3 cabins in that area (8 aft).  We couldn't figure out where the leak was coming from, but we frequently saw crew members working on pipes in closet type area in the hallway so maybe it had something to do with that?  This was our 25th cruise on Carnival and have never experienced anything like that before.

Well, you see, the horizon is something that you stare at wistfully, longing for some distant destination beyond your view, perhaps where you were born, or where someone you once loved has moved to, whereas a vista is something you enjoy in the moment, within the visible horizons, like a canyon or seascape or ...

Oh, you meant the ships.

Nevermind.

The differences I am aware of have been noted by the other posters. I am surprised to see what @csm5986142 wrote about the "look" of Vista.

If both ported at Canaveral I'd prefer Horizon because of the little tweaks they did on round two of that class, but since Vista is the one moving "here", that's the one I'll do the short drive to board.

In general, most people will pick the newer ship as it will be more likely to have more of the bells and whistles, while showing less of its age.

However, it's really a nitpicky situation. While some may swear by differences like Teppanyaki, most would never even know. If it were me, I'd worry more about the cost, itinerary, ease of access, etc. 

On 6/25/2023 at 12:16 PM, Knights on the Beach said:

According to Carnival, Vista will be in dry dock 1/7/24 - 2/14/24.

Maybe they'll add Teppanyaki during the dry dock.

For me its easy, the simply addition of the Guy's Pig & Anchor over the Red Frog brewery on the Horizon is a win for me. I enjoy the Guy's craft beers. the bourbon selection, and the vibe of that bar over the Reg Frog on the Vista. I've been on both ships (the Horizon twice) and prefer the Horizon. 

On 6/23/2023 at 4:25 PM, UGACamper said:

please opine. 

Thanks!

Agreed Port Canaveral is a cake walk compared to Miami

Just glad I was not in the mess yesterday in Miami 

15 k trying to get off 3 ships at 8pm

15 k trying to get on 3 ships at 10pm

very difficult time for 30 thousand 

WOW