WHO IS SAILNG ON ONE OR MORE OF THE 2023/2024 CRYSTAL VOYAGES

Keith1010

We are booked for a B2B November 9 - 27, 2024, Miami to Barbados to Miami. We cannot wait and bags are packed in our minds. We are even more excited now after reading Keith’s accounts of Crystal Enhanced. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2023 at 2:40 PM, rafinmd said:

Just talked to my TA and approved payment for Serenity Quebec to New York October 5 to 13.  A very strange trip as I explained in "The Bistro" but I'm booked non-refundable on Queen Mary 2 New York-Quebec-New York September 29 to October 13.  QM2 turnaround day is October 6 so I think on October 5 I will be officially on board both ships.

Roy

I ran into a hitch on this.  My TA contacted Cunard to arrange permission to get off QM2 in Quebec and they resounded with a resounding "NO".  After many calls and escalations on her part, it is finally approved ( would have thought Cunard would have been delighted to get rid of me on a non-refundable booking and resell the last days but strange things happen),  It is finally done and I am paid and registered for October 5.

Roy

• Like 17

11 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I ran into a hitch on this.  My TA contacted Cunard to arrange permission to get off QM2 in Quebec and they resounded with a resounding "NO".  After many calls and escalations on her part, it is finally approved ( would have thought Cunard would have been delighted to get rid of me on a non-refundable booking and resell the last days but strange things happen),  It is finally done and I am paid and registered for October 5.

Roy

Whew! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drgigi said:

Serenity October 21-Nov 2 2023 Quebec City to Miami

We are so excited to be back on serenity.

I love that itinerary!

Mr B could not be swayed. We look forward to embarking when you debark. Have a great time!

Funny the twists and turns that life takes......

Who would have thought OC could go belly-up in such a spectacular way?

Who could have predicted the whole Noggins clan would, post COVID, move to Scotland to start a new life?

And not even Noggins could have predicted that he would find himself shortly to be checking out that Symphony was truly shipshape AND have a Serenity cruise in '24 lined up (with the Panama transit that had been part of our last - but not achieved - OC cruise). Explora was to be the '24 highlight but if some of the early comments are anything to go by it may fall short - we'll see....

Choosing a room on Symphony was an interesting experience - I didn't immediately notice the variety of tabs for the suites. And even now I am not entirely sure if we have 'classic', '2018' or '2023'. It'll be a surprise!

If there is anything useful to report on from Symphony I will be sure to do so. But please remember that I have never been known to post anything that was actually useful.....

Adrian

ps with thanks to our London TA, without whom none of this would be happening. 

• Like 7

On 8/10/2023 at 8:56 PM, NWX said:

I love that itinerary too but I still remember Sandy........

Can you explain the Sandy connection.  I have vivid memories as I was in New York awaiting boarding the Symphony when Sandy hit.  Symphony rode out the storm in Boston and when the storm cleared the port was closed and Symphony went nonstop Boston to Charleston, leaving my resourceful TA scrambling to find me a way to get out of a paralyzed New York and on to Charleston.  I know that voyage did not stop in Miami as it would have been a violation of PVSA and we went on to Los Angeles.

Roy

3 hours ago, Noggins said:

Funny the twists and turns that life takes......

Who would have thought OC could go belly-up in such a spectacular way?

Who could have predicted the whole Noggins clan would, post COVID, move to Scotland to start a new life?

And not even Noggins could have predicted that he would find himself shortly to be checking out that Symphony was truly shipshape AND have a Serenity cruise in '24 lined up (with the Panama transit that had been part of our last - but not achieved - OC cruise). Explora was to be the '24 highlight but if some of the early comments are anything to go by it may fall short - we'll see....

Choosing a room on Symphony was an interesting experience - I didn't immediately notice the variety of tabs for the suites. And even now I am not entirely sure if we have 'classic', '2018' or '2023'. It'll be a surprise!

If there is anything useful to report on from Symphony I will be sure to do so. But please remember that I have never been known to post anything that was actually useful.....

Adrian

ps with thanks to our London TA, without whom none of this would be happening. 

Fun post, Adrian! I certainly hope you are enjoying your new life.

Bn voyage, on Symphony and then next year on Serenity.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Can you explain the Sandy connection.  I have vivid memories as I was in New York awaiting boarding the Symphony when Sandy hit.  Symphony rode out the storm in Boston and when the storm cleared the port was closed and Symphony went nonstop Boston to Charleston, leaving my resourceful TA scrambling to find me a way to get out of a paralyzed New York and on to Charleston.  I know that voyage did not stop in Miami as it would have been a violation of PVSA and we went on to Los Angeles.

Roy

Sure, Roy. We were in NJ at our son's house when Sandy arrived and it was just awful. Living on the southeast coast I am acutely aware of hurricanes and what they can do, so we are reluctant to put ourselves in harm's way by getting on a ship (even Serenity!) at that peak time for really bad hurricanes. But we do love the itinerary!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

I am booked on the Symphony for May, 2024.  Its a cruise from Rome to Lisbon.  Today I booked the Serenity from Quebec City to New York City for Sept. 24, 2024.  I travel solo and I've booked the solo cabins on each cruise.

Great news.

Keith

On 8/12/2023 at 1:23 PM, Noggins said:

end in Venice on the 6/10 - or 10/6 if you are left handed.

Terrific news.

As to Explora I've heard some interesting things from two friends and someone who worked there.

Glad that Crystal is back because from what I've heard............Well let's leave it at that.

Keith

On 8/13/2023 at 1:03 AM, Noggins said:

Explora was to be the '24 highlight but if some of the early comments are anything to go by it may fall short - we'll see....

I'll  be certain to let you know how we go - we will be sailing Explora 1 next month from Reykjavik to New York. I'll post about our experiences on the Explora forum

Interestingly we'll be catching up with some of our Crystal friends in Reykjavik before they board Crystal Serenity. It will be nice to see them - and Serenity again

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...