Help me choose which itinerary to book!

Leejnd4

@Leejnd4  a little late also but would favor the 2nd also.  Love the Dalmatia coast.

One item to consider is the airline you chose to fly and the requirements for traveling with ashes.  Each airline has a different policy and TSA also has their own rules for screening.

We recently had to do same on Delta and the airline had no issues and neither did TSA.  There was documentation needed.  With TSA the screening was longer than normal as they had special swabs evaluate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

@Leejnd4  a little late also but would favor the 2nd also.  Love the Dalmatia coast.

One item to consider is the airline you chose to fly and the requirements for traveling with ashes.  Each airline has a different policy and TSA also has their own rules for screening.

We recently had to do same on Delta and the airline had no issues and neither did TSA.  There was documentation needed.  With TSA the screening was longer than normal as they had special swabs evaluate.

Oh, good to know! This will be the first time I'm traveling with ashes. I'll dig into that!

Two great choices.

And a beautiful way to honor your mom. When you wander the streets of Venice this time, you’ll be talking to her in your head. And perhaps quoting her back to you!

The Adriatic ports are wonderful. We used a great tour guide in Split. 

I think our private tour from Naples went to Pompei and ended in Sorrento, then we took the ferry back to Naples. With the overnight there, perhaps you can take the ferry both ways. We were there when Italy was in the finals of the World Cup, or something like that, so there was an excited vibe beyond the usual. I hope I’m remembering that correctly. Iirc, shops and perhaps even restaurants were closing early for that reason.

• Like 1

Naples is often overlooked.  There are things to see if you have the time.  It has an excellent archeology museum.  The secret room within the museum, mosaics and frescos removed from Pompeii, and the Etruscan Bucchero pottery are some my favorite areas in the museum.  Galleria Umberto was a pleasant, short walk from the ship last time I was in Naples.  It's notable in the history of architecture.   Go to a hotel on the top floor for an excellent view of the galleria.  

Edited by Travel2Learn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, j_anandu said:

You’ll need to make a decision if to book or not, crystal just raised their prices on all their itineraries. 

Where did you hear that NC is raising its prices on all their itineraries?

• Like 2

It’s on their website and also confirmed with my TA. I had 4 cruises pending to book and was told the prices went up today but they honored the old prices so deposited on them. Also confirmed the prices on the booking vs what’s now showing on the website. If you’ve already booked a cruise you can also confirm the prices

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, j_anandu said:

It’s on their website and also confirmed with my TA. I had 4 cruises pending to book and was told the prices went up today but they honored the old prices so deposited on them. Also confirmed the prices on the booking vs what’s now showing on the website. If you’ve already booked a cruise you can also confirm the prices

I saw the increases on the website.  I was looking at pricing on cruises I’m considering.

Nancy

• Like 2

16 hours ago, j_anandu said:

Don't believe this is true. NC raised 2023 prices a couple of weeks ago when they introduced the $1000 air credit. However,  all 2024 prices appear to be the same. 

• Thanks 1

I want to express my gratitude to everyone who helped me make this decision. I know it's the right one. I confirmed with my TA this morning.

I was able to speak to my Mom today on the phone...well, my sister held the phone up to her and I talked. Hard to say how much she understood. She is on morphine now, but my sister said she opened her eyes and reacted to my words. I told her which cruise I booked, and she smiled. I also said everything else I wanted to say. It won't be long now. I feel good that she knows that I will take her to those magical places we visited. And she will be with me on the one ship she loved the most out of all the cruises we did together.

My options were still valid so I got the quoted price. Also, I checked the Crystal website and the prices on my itinerary are still the same. I don't know which cruises went up in price, but at this point mine did not, and my price is secured. I asked for a SGR as far away from the bow as possible, so we'll see what they give me.

It's a hard time for me right now, but I'm feeling grateful. This cruise next year will be one of the most meaningful trips of my life, even though I'm doing it alone, which is how I want it to be.

I know my thread is not the usual happy topic, but this is also part of life, isn't it? It's all a circle. Thanks again.

LeeAnne

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leejnd4 said:

I want to express my gratitude to everyone who helped me make this decision. I know it's the right one. I confirmed with my TA this morning.

I was able to speak to my Mom today on the phone...well, my sister held the phone up to her and I talked. Hard to say how much she understood. She is on morphine now, but my sister said she opened her eyes and reacted to my words. I told her which cruise I booked, and she smiled. I also said everything else I wanted to say. It won't be long now. I feel good that she knows that I will take her to those magical places we visited. And she will be with me on the one ship she loved the most out of all the cruises we did together.

My options were still valid so I got the quoted price. Also, I checked the Crystal website and the prices on my itinerary are still the same. I don't know which cruises went up in price, but at this point mine did not, and my price is secured. I asked for a SGR as far away from the bow as possible, so we'll see what they give me.

It's a hard time for me right now, but I'm feeling grateful. This cruise next year will be one of the most meaningful trips of my life, even though I'm doing it alone, which is how I want it to be.

I know my thread is not the usual happy topic, but this is also part of life, isn't it? It's all a circle. Thanks again.

LeeAnne

I had nothing to add to the discussion, but I have been following this thread. Thank you for including us on this most personal journey! 💔

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

LeeAnne

LeeAnne your thread puts a lot of things into perspective. A reminder of what is important.  Thank you for sharing this with us.

Keith

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

LeeAnne your thread puts a lot of things into perspective. A reminder of what is important.  Thank you for sharing this with us.

Keith

Traveling around the world puts things into perspective, and having been able to do that with my Mom (who grew up barefoot on a farm in Tennessee and had never left the US until I took her on her first cruise) was life-changing for both of us. Cruising will, for me, always be a reminder of that.

• Like 7