Delays in Miami this morning!! June 25

hallux

19 minutes ago, ImADaneFan said:

The pilot just came back on and said they were now doing MSC 1st  then the Escape.  I wonder if they will have them go to the turning basin and dock starboard side as normal, or dock port side just to speed everything up?

NCL first in. For some reason they boarded MSC pilot first, but NCL is approaching the channel right now. 

Someone on the BLC stream, that's waiting to board, said they were advised departure is 7.  That's a FAST turn of the ship, I'm not sure how accurate it is!!!

Edited by hallux

UPDATE Important Information from Norwegian Cruise Line: The United States Coast Guard has closed cruise ship traffic at PortMiami due to a fatal collision involving a ferry and a small vessel.  As previously conveyed, Norwegian Escape has been unable to enter the port, therefore the June 25, 2023 voyageis delayed. Our goal is to begin the check in process at approx. 7 p.m. with embarkation commencing at approx. 9 p.m. Please do not arrive to the port prior to 6 p.m.  While you wait, please visit one of the local areas, such as Bayside Marketplace, South Beach, Wynwood, Downtown Miami and Brickell.  We appreciate your patience and will be providing you with a $25 on board credit per person. We will provide another update in approx. 1 hour and look forwar

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, aroundtheriverbend said:

UPDATE Important Information from Norwegian Cruise Line: The United States Coast Guard has closed cruise ship traffic at PortMiami due to a fatal collision involving a ferry and a small vessel.  As previously conveyed, Norwegian Escape has been unable to enter the port, therefore the June 25, 2023 voyageis delayed. Our goal is to begin the check in process at approx. 7 p.m. with embarkation commencing at approx. 9 p.m. Please do not arrive to the port prior to 6 p.m.  While you wait, please visit one of the local areas, such as Bayside Marketplace, South Beach, Wynwood, Downtown Miami and Brickell.  We appreciate your patience and will be providing you with a $25 on board credit per person. We will provide another update in approx. 1 hour and look forwar

Literally the text endedl there lol 

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, hallux said:

Someone on the BLC stream, that's waiting to board, said they were advised departure is 7.  That's a FAST turn of the ship, I'm not sure how accurate it is!!!

NCL stated Embarkation will begin at 7:00. 

I expect departure will be 9:30ish. 

14 minutes ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

Wow that’s nice of them! They must know that most cruisers are a bunch of whiners and complainers so they’re probably trying to save some of you from visiting guest services 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

She is almost at the bottom of the Turnaround Basin.

I'd be concerned if the ship was at the bottom of the turning basin...

She's alongside at the terminal right now

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, allie3490 said:

Wow that’s nice of them! They must know that most cruisers are a bunch of whiners and complainers so they’re probably trying to save some of you from visiting guest services 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nah, more likely they just followed Carnival and the other lines. Agree It is a nice gesture.

18 minutes ago, hallux said:

The $25 NCL is giving is more than the other lines gave ($20)

I'd rather have $20 and great communication, not to mention transport to Bayside. I'd be sitting outside enjoying happy hour with a plan to return to the port around 8:30. 

CCL just sent out a text saying they will will send an embarkation plan 4:30. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I'd rather have $20 and great communication, not to mention transport to Bayside. I'd be sitting outside enjoying happy hour with a plan to return to the port around 8:30. 

CCL just sent out a text saying they will will send an embarkation plan 4:30. 

FYI this is what they sent:

Carnival Celebration 06/25/23: A final update regarding revised embarkation plans has been sent via email. Please disregard your arrival appointment and get to the cruise terminal for embarkation between 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM. All guests must be on board by 11:00 PM (ET). Again, thank you for your patience. The entire Carnival Celebration team is looking forward to making memories with you this week. See you soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

Carnival Celebration 06/25/23: A final update regarding revised embarkation plans has been sent via email. Please disregard your arrival appointment and get to the cruise terminal for embarkation between 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM. All guests must be on board by 11:00 PM (ET). Again, thank you for your patience. The entire Carnival Celebration team is looking forward to making memories with you this week. See you soon!

I got that text also- the text says a final plan was emailed. Can you please share the email? 

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I got that text also- the text says a final plan was emailed. Can you please share the email? 

Sorry I don’t have the email, I’m cruising Norwegian but signed up via this group for texts since Carnival gave more info than NCL.  It’s been a sh!t show of a day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Continuing to hear on the marine radio about a missing diver 😔

Oh no…..!!!!  

Loss of life, serious injury, missing person….ominous start!

Agree, turnaround is super aggressive!

2 minutes ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

Sorry I don’t have the email, I’m cruising Norwegian but signed up via this group for texts since Carnival gave more info than NCL.  It’s been a sh!t show of a day.

I should have known that. Sorry. 

CCL really did win the communication today.  Info for NCL is still just trickling out.

If CCL doesn't want people there until 8:00 I can't imagine NCL is that much faster. People were on their balconies as NCL sailed in. If I'm not mistaken, NCL has reduced the number of cabin stewards and cabins aren't ready now until 4:30 on a normal sailing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I should have known that. Sorry. 

CCL really did win the communication today.  Info for NCL is still just trickling out.

If CCL doesn't want people there until 8:00 I can't imagine NCL is that much faster. People were on their balconies as NCL sailed in. If I'm not mistaken, NCL has reduced the number of cabin stewards and cabins aren't ready now until 4:30 on a normal sailing. 

All good, thankfully most of us slept in slept in today (not me, but that’s why I am the planner). I’m guessing will get into cabins around 11 o’clock tonight. And hey, it’s still showing 7 AM for great stirrup cay tomorrow so that’ll be fun… maybe not for me 🙃

5 minutes ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

All good, thankfully most of us slept in slept in today (not me, but that’s why I am the planner). I’m guessing will get into cabins around 11 o’clock tonight. And hey, it’s still showing 7 AM for great stirrup cay tomorrow so that’ll be fun… maybe not for me 🙃

I know many have been inconvenienced today but hope you will be able to enjoy your cruise soon. Feeling bad for those disembarking now and scrambling to make alternate plans. What a nightmare.

Just now, Sugar Magnolia said:

I know many have been inconvenienced today but hope you will be able to enjoy your cruise soon. Feeling bad for those disembarking now and scrambling to make alternate plans. What a nightmare.

Right??  I’m still feeling blessed I’m not in that boat (no pun intended).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

Here is the email. Someone from the Carnival thread was kind enough  to post.

In addition to the $20, CCL is refunding guests todays pre-paid alcohol package, internet package, and gratuities. 

image.png.cef753cdb95b572babb6cec90bd2b69f.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Here is the email. Someone from the Carnival thread was kind enough  to post.

In addition to the $20, CCL is refunding guests todays pre-paid alcohol package, internet package, and gratuities. 

image.png.cef753cdb95b572babb6cec90bd2b69f.png

Can’t ask for more than that at this stage… 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1