Retreat Pool Regal versus Sky

elliotlake12

Very limited seating around pool on Sky.  And it is down in a well, so can be very hot down there.  Heat can also blow into the cabin corridors around that pool.  Also weird going to one of those cabins in full view of people around pool.

19 hours ago, LeeW said:

Very limited seating around pool on Sky.  And it is down in a well, so can be very hot down there.  Heat can also blow into the cabin corridors around that pool.  Also weird going to one of those cabins in full view of people around pool.

I like those cabins on Enchanted and Sky, didnt find it 'wierd' at all and the cabin did not get hot.  It can get very windy in that Retreat area. I did see the advantage of the larger Retreat area on Regal/Royal, though. 

On 6/25/2023 at 2:55 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Love the retreat pool and Sanctuary on Regal.

IMHO, they have ruined this area on the newer ships by closing this area in with cabins on each side.    This seems like it would make this area, anywhere near the pool, to be smaller and more crowded.

I completely agree with you!  We loved the Retreat pool and Sanctuary on the Regal but really disliked the retreat pool on the Enchanted.  Felt much too closed in for our liking.

On 6/29/2023 at 10:12 AM, ghgeckos said:

We really enjoyed renting the cabanas next to the retreat pool on the Regal. We got all the pampering of the Sanctuary with easy access to the adult pool.

How do you reserve the retreat cabanas?

On 6/25/2023 at 2:50 PM, elliotlake12 said:

What is the usual situation with the Retreat pool onboard the Sky? 

We are personally very disappointed in the change from the Royal/Regal to the Sky and others on the retreat pool.  It's like being down in a hole with very few chairs and not open at all.  I dislike it and as a result we mostly try to book Royal/Regal when possible. 

I think they ruined the Retreat Pool on Sky & Enchanted. It feels too closed in with limited seating, but the Sky & Enchanted do offer the wake pool, & their Princess Live is head a shoulders better than the Regal version. 
i would bet that Royal & Regal will add balcony rooms to the Retreat area down the road. $$$

Edited by richsea

12 hours ago, ghgeckos said:

I also like the staircase entrance of the Retreat pool on the Regal.

It's the area where all the people congregate since the pool so deep that most people can't stand anywhere else.