Salty Dog Gastropub

Ombud

6 minutes ago, Ombud said:

On the Emerald Princess last week the Salty Dog Gastropub was a la carte. Is that now the norm? Specifically wondering about the Enchanted Princess 

The Enchanted,  in the April drydock, they replaced the Salty Dog Gastropub with OMalley’s Irish pub on deck 5.  

They have a Salty Dog cafe now on the Lido.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=EX&version=1

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

The Enchanted,  in the April drydock, they replaced the Salty Dog Gastropub with OMalley’s Irish pub on deck 5.  

They have a Salty Dog cafe now on the Lido.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=EX&version=1

Thats a shame.  Salty Dog Cafe has nothing for us vegetarians. But at least O'Mallys has the vegetarian onion soup & dessert ....

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thats a shame.  Salty Dog Cafe has nothing for us vegetarians. But at least O'Mallys has the vegetarian onion soup & dessert ....

I never saw anyone eat at the Gastropub while we were on Enchanted 20 nights in March. 😞 

23 minutes ago, Ombud said:

On the Emerald Princess last week the Salty Dog Gastropub was a la carte. Is that now the norm? Specifically wondering about the Enchanted Princess 

I have only seen it on he Emerald and the food there has gone so far down hill that it is not even an option for us

I love the Salty Dog Gastropub and will be on the Emerald this weekend.  I just think they try to serve way too much food for one sitting … I’d rather pay ala carte because I can usually only get through one course.  I’ve never even been able to approach the dessert menu.  

@Ombud .. I am not a vegetarian (I just eat fish, seafood and poultry) but really love a few of the vegetarian options at the Salty Dog.  It’s not vegan but is vegetarian and the grilled cheese and white tomato soup is superb.  I also like the salad with the scotch egg and the asparagus dish.  The fondue is pretty good, too.  You can even get the Mac and cheese without lobster if you wish.  Like I said, vegan, no, but vegetarians have several options.  

• Like 3

On 6/25/2023 at 4:49 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I love the Salty Dog Gastropub and will be on the Emerald this weekend.  I just think they try to serve way too much food for one sitting … I’d rather pay ala carte because I can usually only get through one course.  I’ve never even been able to approach the dessert menu.  

@Ombud .. I am not a vegetarian (I just eat fish, seafood and poultry) but really love a few of the vegetarian options at the Salty Dog.  It’s not vegan but is vegetarian and the grilled cheese and white tomato soup is superb.  I also like the salad with the scotch egg and the asparagus dish.  The fondue is pretty good, too.  You can even get the Mac and cheese without lobster if you wish.  Like I said, vegan, no, but vegetarians have several options.  

In April 2022 they had a Beyond Burger which was easily made vegan. That was nice for me because my husband loved the food and I could get something. If they took that off I guess it's out for me.

• Like 2

Yes @Cruise Raider. Salty Dog Gastropub has several vegetarian options, Salty Dog Grill just had that horrid veggie burger. Not the Beyond Burger one served at the Gastropub 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2023 at 12:18 AM, PacnGoNow said:

I never saw anyone eat at the Gastropub while we were on Enchanted 20 nights in March. 😞 

Tried Salty Dog on our first Enchanted cruise, it was a disappointing menu with underwhelming food and was nowhere near the value of Sabatini’s or Crown Grill, I’m glad they’ve decided to ditch it.

20 minutes ago, Jimmys Chippy said:

Tried Salty Dog on our first Enchanted cruise, it was a disappointing menu with underwhelming food and was nowhere near the value of Sabatini’s or Crown Grill, I’m glad they’ve decided to ditch it.

That is why it is half the price of the specialty restaurants 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

That is why it is half the price of the specialty restaurants 

I thought $18 was steep for the menu. I did not eat there though.

I spoke to someone who did eat there and thought it was good.

Edited by Coral

When they first rolled this out the food was excellent and well worth the up charge. Over the last few years quality of food snd service have gone downhill to the point that we no longer eat there