Embarkation Day Lunch

helenb

We have not cruised Princess since pre-COVID, so I apologize if I am a little out of date. I am just wondering if Princess still offers lunch in the MDR on embarkation day? Or is this now restricted to certain groups of passengers?

3 minutes ago, helenb said:

We have not cruised Princess since pre-COVID, so I apologize if I am a little out of date. I am just wondering if Princess still offers lunch in the MDR on embarkation day? Or is this now restricted to certain groups of passengers?

It is still mid ship 6, normally.  One side may be Reserve Class (Club Class) and the other side regular folks.  
We did have one cruise where it was not offered out of about 14 cruises since the restart. Believe it was due to staff shortage. 

Thank you! We were disappointed to learn that on Celebrity it is now restricted to concierge class and above. Glad to hear that it is still there and open to everyone on Princess!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, helenb said:

It is available to all but you may be in line for quite awhile and no you cannot jump over to the reserve class area as many tried to do a few weeks ago on the Discovery 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Princess seems hell-bent on everyone going to embarkation lunch at the buffet, so if you ask about MDR lunch the crew will tell you the buffet is open (technically not lying, just redirecting, I guess). So check out the food section of the app or physically check out the MDRs rather than asking the crew.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Princess seems hell-bent on everyone going to embarkation lunch at the buffet, so if you ask about MDR lunch the crew will tell you the buffet is open (technically not lying, just redirecting, I guess). So check out the food section of the app or physically check out the MDRs rather than asking the crew.

Our last three cruises, we received a welcome aboard flyer, which mentioned the MDR as a lunch option. It was crazy busy with a huge line too!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helenb said:

Thank you! We were disappointed to learn that on Celebrity it is now restricted to concierge class and above. Glad to hear that it is still there and open to everyone on Princess!

What MDR deck does X use embarkation lunch for concierge class?  Or, does it vary? 

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Our last three cruises, we received a welcome aboard flyer, which mentioned the MDR as a lunch option. It was crazy busy with a huge line too!

I guess the secret is out!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

What MDR deck does X use embarkation lunch for concierge class?  Or, does it vary? 

Not sure... we didn't even bother to check it out because we were sailing in a regular balcony. Since they got rid of the creperie (that we enjoyed pre-COVID) and we didn't qualify for the MDR lunch, we ended up at the buffet. Sigh... at least we were early on the ship, so we managed to get in and out before it got too crowded. However, I believe that they did extend an 'invitation' to concierge class people, so they knew where it was. And of course Aquaclass went to Blu and the suites went to the suite restaurant.

At least on Princess we have the MDR, Alfredo's and the poolside pizza/burgers/grill as options besides the buffet. We are used to ignoring the people telling us to go to the buffet and just heading to the place we wish to go. 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It is still mid ship 6, normally.  One side may be Reserve Class (Club Class) and the other side regular folks.  
We did have one cruise where it was not offered out of about 14 cruises since the restart. Believe it was due to staff shortage. 

Oh, regular folks aren't good enough? 

2 hours ago, helenb said:

Not sure... we didn't even bother to check it out because we were sailing in a regular balcony. Since they got rid of the creperie (that we enjoyed pre-COVID) and we didn't qualify for the MDR lunch, we ended up at the buffet. Sigh... at least we were early on the ship, so we managed to get in and out before it got too crowded. However, I believe that they did extend an 'invitation' to concierge class people, so they knew where it was. And of course Aquaclass went to Blu and the suites went to the suite restaurant.

At least on Princess we have the MDR, Alfredo's and the poolside pizza/burgers/grill as options besides the buffet. We are used to ignoring the people telling us to go to the buffet and just heading to the place we wish to go. 😉

And the international Cafe on most Princess ships

Yes, I notice that embarkation lunch in the MDR has become very popular.  

Open from 12 to 1:30.

It is a really enjoyable way to start your cruise.

5 hours ago, theloo said:

I guess the secret is out!  

On 6/25/2023 at 10:00 PM, gottagoacruzn said:

Oh, regular folks aren't good enough? 

We were on the Emerald last week, arrived in time for lunch. Got a printed list of lunch possibilities, DaVinci was listed. There was no “Reserve seating” for lunch that day. Opened at noon. Was packed within 30 min.

• Like 2