Vista Cabins Decks 9 & 10

disneygal94

Good morning!  My sister and I are switching from the big cruise lines to Oceania for a sailing in Europe next year.  We're planning to book this week before the "All In" changes occur, but I do have a couple of questions re: Vista's cabins.  We're most likely going to book a Concierge Veranda, categories A3 or A4.  When we looked at cabin availability, almost all of the cabins on deck 9 are already taken, but there's plenty of availability on deck 10.  Is deck 10 inferior to 9 somehow?  Is it because the concierge lounge is on 9 and passengers want to be close by?  Any reason for us to avoid deck 10? 

Also, and this may be a dumb question, but when looking at the deck plans, we noticed that there's a dotted line on the balconies of every 4th or 5th cabin.  What do the dotted lines mean, if anything?

Thanks in advance!

No difference  in cabins

A3 & 4  are closer to the front   on deck 10   some will be more sensitive to the motion of the ocean  closer to the bow

The dotted line are from the cad  program when doing the drawing  nothing to worry about

Deck 10 is predominantly Penthouses so nothing wrong with deck 10. Do not know what the dotted lines mean because there should be no restrictions. Check the Deck Plan legend for 10 and see if it relates to a French Balcony room or Solo room. I will look too. 
You will LOVE Vista, get a good TA familiar with Oceania.  While you may book under the current O-Life program, come next week you might want to analyze the benefits of the More program and run some numbers to find the best option for you. 
Enjoy your cruise, Vista is Spectacular 

Mauibabes

• Like 1

Personally I like the higher levels.  (Nicer views from your balcony)  You will only be one level up from the lounge.  The dotted lines are not the veranda lines.  Your cabin should be quiet as you are not under a busy place.  Lovely ship!

I specifically moved from deck 10 to deck 9 to be closer to the concierge lounge. It makes it so much easier to grab the first cup of coffee in the morning while I’m getting ready for the day vs. having to run up and down the stairs. And yes, I know I could have room service deliver coffee but this way I don’t have to be on the lookout for the knock on the door announcing its arrival. 

50 minutes ago, disneygal94 said:

Also, and this may be a dumb question, but when looking at the deck plans, we noticed that there's a dotted line on the balconies of every 4th or 5th cabin.  What do the dotted lines mean, if anything?

If you're talking about the lines outside 10002, 10010, and across the front of 10000 and 10001, that seems to imply the balconies are wooden-planked.

• Haha 1

Since O eliminated the covers for the hot coffee containers bringing hot coffee back to your cabin is dangerous.

I've seen passengers trying to manipulate those hot cups in the elevators 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

Since O eliminated the covers for the hot coffee containers bringing hot coffee back to your cabin is dangerous.

I've seen passengers trying to manipulate those hot cups in the elevators 

I agree, having been one of those cup jugglers. That is why bringing an insulated coffee mug with a cover with you is a good idea.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I agree, having been one of those cup jugglers. That is why bringing an insulated coffee mug with a cover with you is a good idea.  

we intend to next cruise

Edited by Acrusa
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information, everyone. You all have been so helpful. It's good to know there's nothing wrong with deck 10, except some possible hot coffee spillage in the elevator. 😊

I'll be sure to tell my sister to bring her own mug with a lid. I love getting little tips like this when I'm trying out a new cruise line!

I am also looking at A2 Concierge.  I think Deck 9.   What is the lounge all about?   Will it be noisy?  

On Deck 9 I can be close to the lounge or past the Mid ship A1 level rooms.   Actually that would be closer to mid ships.   Any thoughts? 

18 hours ago, DAF7065 said:

I am also looking at A2 Concierge.  I think Deck 9.   What is the lounge all about?   Will it be noisy?  

On Deck 9 I can be close to the lounge or past the Mid ship A1 level rooms.   Actually that would be closer to mid ships.   Any thoughts? 

No, the lounge is not at all noisy. It is a quiet place to pick up some sodas, snacks, etc. You might hear the door opening and closing. 

19 hours ago, DAF7065 said:

There is a concierge (hours are posted) that you can use instead of the regular concierge. Usually there are a couple of computers (and printer at concierge desk) that you can use instead of your own device. There is also a TV but I don't think it is used much.

Just stayed in 9020.  May want to avoid it and the cabin immediately opposite if sensitive to noise.

The concierge lounge entry is directly across the door (not sure why they aligned them) and there is some strong vibration when certain wave angles are hit. People tend to enter lounge at all hours and slam the door with their hands full off coffee at 5 am and talk loudly outside the door despite posted hours.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Just stayed in 9020.  May want to avoid it and the cabin immediately opposite if sensitive to noise.

The concierge lounge entry is directly across the door (not sure why they aligned them) and there is some strong vibration when certain wave angles are hit. People tend to enter lounge at all hours and slam the door with their hands full off coffee at 5 am and talk loudly outside the door despite posted hours.

Thank you for this info!  That was one of the rooms we were considering.

5 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

I thought the lounge was available 24/7?

What are the posted hours ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I thought the lounge was available 24/7?

What are the posted hours ?

Well remember that someone may be sleeping  immediately next to the door if you visit at 3am and let the door close on its own.

Many people are not hard of hearing and enjoy sleeping.

It’s a lovely room and super convenient for coffee if you are a heavy sleeper and don’t mind the door. We actually changed rooms due to the stabilizer vibration (it is forward and I think right at stabilizer (or at least waves hit us a particular way on our north western Mediterranean angle toward Italy.

Edited by Pizzasteve

2 minutes ago, Pizzasteve said:

Well remember that someone may be sleeping  immediately next to the door if you visit at 3am and let the door close on its own.

Many people are not hard of hearing and enjoy sleeping.

It’s a lovely room and super convenient for coffee if you are a heavy sleeper and don’t mind the door.

No need to be snarky

I just asked a question 🤔

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

No need to be snarky

I just asked a question 🤔

Sorry if that came off as aimed at you.  The early am doors closing wake up’s are still fresh.  Some insomnia sufferers decide to hang out there at 2-3am.  Sometimes it was ship staff sneaking a coffee late night shift.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Thanks 1

I have cabin 9047 booked.   It is 5 cabins aft of the lounge and 5 cabins forward of the stairs.   So I think good spot.  Should be able to easily fill the morning coffee requests.  😎

• Like 1

I haven't been on Vista, but I distinctly remember the lounge doors on Marina & Riviera being soft close. On the other hand, there is a crew door in that area on the O class that is used a lot, and early. And it does slam shut. There is also a hallway door that goes to the laundry in that general area, but I don't think anyone is using the laundry at 5am, but there is also a crew door accessed by the same hallway. 

Edited by ORV

22 hours ago, ORV said:

I haven't been on Vista, but I distinctly remember the lounge doors on Marina & Riviera being soft close. On the other hand, there is a crew door in that area on the O class that is used a lot, and early. And it does slam shut. There is also a hallway door that goes to the laundry in that general area, but I don't think anyone is using the laundry at 5am, but there is also a crew door accessed by the same hallway. 

Ironically the first 3 days there was a door issue where door wasn’t closing fully and it was soft.  They ‘fixed it’ and it started slamming (saw the engineers working).  

For me it is not a big deal if the non concierge class folks come get coffee, so we preferred the soft closing door.  Hopefully it’s an adjustment they get perfect.

• 8 months later...