Big news tomorrow (apparently!)

killarneylady

21 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Of course. Celebrity is one brand that attracts a certain class of traveler. That brand is changing, certainly not overnight, but it is changing. Short 3 and 4 night cruises, vaping, Coco Cay, double cheeseburgers in the MDR, etc. These are small incremental changes in a not so good direction. The passengers that this new brand attracts will change along with it.

Having been on all of 5 celebrity cruises, apart from the age demographic being typically old, I would struggle to identify the certain class of traveller that it attracts. But you know more than I do and maybe we are the new types of passengers that people here so dislike.  For example, I am so glad we didn’t cruise in the days when tuxedos and ball gowns were mandatory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Having been on all of 5 celebrity cruises, apart from the age demographic being typically old, I would struggle to identify the certain class of traveller that it attracts. But you know more than I do and maybe we are the new types of passengers that people here so dislike.  For example, I am so glad we didn’t cruise in the days when tuxedos and ball gowns were mandatory.

We are older than dirt. Took our first Celebrity cruise in 1994 (Zenith). Glad Celebrity introduced evening chic in 2016. You'd be more than welcome to sit and enjoy a drink or two with us.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We are older than dirt. Took our first Celebrity cruise in 1994 (Zenith). Glad Celebrity introduced evening chic in 2016. You'd be more than welcome to sit and enjoy a drink or two with us.

Would love to if ever our paths crossed. We aren’t young either, just late to cruising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C4HCG said:

Having been on all of 5 celebrity cruises, apart from the age demographic being typically old, I would struggle to identify the certain class of traveller that it attracts.

If you’re not one to be aware of the people that surround you then you don’t need to be concerned with Celebrity’s changes. 

6 minutes ago, RichYak said:

If you’re not one to be aware of the people that surround you then you don’t need to be concerned with Celebrity’s changes. 

I did not at all say I was someone unaware of people around me, I did say I hadn’t spotted a certain class of traveller, I see all sorts. And with respect, I do not need you to tell me what I need to be concerned with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

Of course. Celebrity is one brand that attracts a certain class of traveler. That brand is changing, certainly not overnight, but it is changing. Short 3 and 4 night cruises, vaping, Coco Cay, double cheeseburgers in the MDR, etc. These are small incremental changes in a not so good direction. The passengers that this new brand attracts will change along with it.

I refer to it as death by 1,000 cuts.  Celebrity has let us know for quite some time that they want to change their customer demographics by the many things they've done over the past almost decade.  Why is anyone surprised it's still progressing?  Short cruises definitely attract a different type of passenger which we learned we did not enjoy cruising with 20 years ago.  That's why we look for 12 to 18 day voyages. Remember it takes a great distance to turn a large ship. They know the course, we discover it much later.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, C4HCG said:

What is your definition of “old”?

• Haha 1

It is really amazing what they have done with Coco Cay- I remember it as nice and tranquil beach day- those pictures with all the amusment stuff look wonderful for familes with kids.

It seems to me the " Wonderful day at Coco cay" can only achieved when paying extra.

As for Meyer Werft redoing the IF- cabins on board Edge Class- hm I also think that was a joke. I only book an Edge Class ship if can grap a SV - cabin. Had that on board Apex and that one of the best cabins i ever had.

The should have mixed their balcony cabins- as some seem ( me included) not really to like them.

• Like 2