Reservations at the Salty Dog Gastropub on the Crown Princess

OttawaJohn

On the Crown the Gastropub is inside the Wheelhouse Bar. There are plenty of tables. No reservations required. You can also eat at the bar if you like. You could just speak with the staff once on board to determine the best times to show up. 

8 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Sadly, it's not that popular, as people think the same food is at the Salty Dog grill on the Lido deck. 

Very true. For some reason cruise lines have a heck of a time coming up with completely new names for restaurants. 😄

It was very empty on my May cruise - no reservations needed. I probably would have considered it but it was $18 which seemed sort of high for the menu. The people who ate there did like it.

• Like 1

I was on the Crown for 28 days in March/April and ate at the Salty Dog Gastropub 3 times and it was EXCELLENT!   Very much worth the $18.    We never needed a reservation.   As others have mentioned, it’s inside Wheelhouse and has many tables.   For the $18, the portions are large and the desserts are very delicious.   I highly recommend giving it a try.   

We had the opposite experience.  Only one other table had customers, but we still felt completely ignored. Food service took 2 hours, after 20 minutes of trying to find someone to get seated. 

The breadsticks were stale, the cheese sauce clumped and cold.  Our drinks were never refilled, not once.  And the food was also disappointing.  How can something be both overcooked and raw at the same time? My sweet potato fries were both.  My burger was ok, but also cold and my tablemates lobster mac was also cold and clumpy.  Just not worth it. 

This was a year and a half ago and we are back on the Ruby in Aug, but seriously doubt if we'll go back or recommend. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...