Constellation Aft Cabin Deck 11?

LIxo

Hello! We have an opportunity to book an aft cabin on deck 11 on the Constellation. Currently, we have a cabin on the I believe port side (1118). Does anyone have any thoughts don't the aft cabins on deck 11? Should I make the move? TIA! 

They are very popular.   Only negative I've heard is possibility of some noise from the movie above.  Most just say they can hear on the balcony.   The aft views are wonderful.  I'd probably snag it before it's gone.

• Like 1

Yes, among the AquaClass cabins on Millennium class ships, they are highly sought after. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, LIxo said:

Hello! We have an opportunity to book an aft cabin on deck 11 on the Constellation. Currently, we have a cabin on the I believe port side (1118). Does anyone have any thoughts don't the aft cabins on deck 11? Should I make the move? TIA! 

The cabin is on the end- 1130. I have read that the door next to it may be annoying? 

Annoying in what way. There's only five AQ aft cabins to choose from. If 1130 is the only one left, I would the it.

Edited by mahdnc

Just now, mahdnc said:

Annoying in what way?. There's only five AQ aft cabins to choose from. If 1130 is the only one left, I would the it. I think 1140 is the best if I remember correctly.

What I have read is that the door is right there and it vibrates the wall when it closes and shuts. And that people try to look into the balcony. I am not 110% sure if that was on Constellation or not? 

9 minutes ago, LIxo said:

What I have read is that the door is right there and it vibrates the wall when it closes and shuts. And that people try to look into the balcony. I am not 110% sure if that was on Constellation or not? 

I think I know what they are talking about.  There is a outdoor public stairway that connects the Sunset Bar on Deck 10 with Deck 11.  It leads to an external door to go inside the ship.  That door is undoubtedly beefy.  I can imagine that if if this door were to slam, there would be some vibration.  I could see that door being used a lot for Deck 11 passengers to get down to the Sunset Bar and the Oceanview Cafe.  Also if you are standing right outside that door, you are adjacent to 1130's balcony.  Yeah, you could try to peek over to see what it's like living the aft balcony life.  Let me post a photo.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

Click/tap on the above thread.  There is a nice aft photo with cabin number labels on it.  You can see the public outside door next to 1130 that leads out to the stairwell that I was talking about.  This would not deter me from booking it, but others may feel differently.  BTW, the passengers that may end up using that door the most might be you!  How sweet it would be to be able to access the Sunset Bar so easily.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Click/tap on the above thread.  There a nice aft photo with cabin number labels on it.  You can see the public outside door next to 1130 that leads out to the stairwell that I was talking about.  This would not deter me from booking it, but others may feel differently.

You take a tape measure with you on a cruise 🤣

7 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Click/tap on the above thread.  There is a nice aft photo with cabin number labels on it.  You can see the public outside door next to 1130 that leads out to the stairwell that I was talking about.  This would not deter me from booking it, but others may feel differently.  BTW, the passengers that may end up using that door the most might be you!  How sweet it would be to be able to access the Sunset Bar so easily.

Thank you so much! And true!!! And I have 3 other couples on that side down the hall that would be the others. 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You take a tape measure with you on a cruise 🤣

Yes.  It's a very nerdy thing to do.  And for the longest time when I was in high school, I had a difficult time getting girls to go out with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yes.  It's a very nerdy thing to do.  And for the longest time when I was in high school, I had a difficult time getting girls to go out with me.

Pocket protector give you away ???!!!

5 minutes ago, padgman1 said:

Pocket protector give you away ???!!!

Yeah, kinda.  But when I enrolled at the California Institute of Technology, I was very much dressed in style.  Big man on campus, "hey, you wanna see my tape measure?  It's self locking!"

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 2

No, don’t book any of those aft-facing AQ cabins on Deck 11 on any of the M-class ships! Here are some of the annoying reasons why! 

- horrible views out the back, where a lot of birds like to fly, as well as have partial views on both sides of the ship, depending on which cabin you pick.
- minimal wind gusts to deal with when the ship is moving.

- no stairs or elevators to deal with if you want to walk over to the Reflection Lounge or back after a late night show.

- an annoying walk-in shower

- buffet is one deck below where you can easily go down to at lunchtime, get food, then come back and eat it out on the balcony.

- if your refrigerator runs low on beer/drinks, you can walk down the outdoor stairs to the Sunset Bar and get what you need to restock it.

- and then there are those annoying views of the shoreline as the ship is leaving the port, especially when the sun is setting.

But most importantly, don’t book them until a few days after they become available, as we want to make sure we’re able to book ours first! 😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Yeah, kinda.  But when I enrolled at the California Institute of Technology, I was very much dressed in style.  Big man on campus, "hey, you wanna see my tape measure?  It's self locking!"

I didn’t have a tape measure  when I went to a polytechnical, technical institution, 

But I could show them my slide ruler 😁

I wonder if I would still know how to use one 🤔

I also hate using the computer punch cards 🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

No, don’t book any of those aft-facing AQ cabins on Deck 11 on any of the M-class ships! Here are some of the annoying reasons why! 

- horrible views out the back, where a lot of birds like to fly, as well as have partial views on both sides of the ship, depending on which cabin you pick.

- no stairs or elevators to deal with if you want to walk over to the Reflection Lounge or back after a late night show.

- buffet is one deck below where you can easily go at lunchtime, get food, then come back and eat it out on the balcony.

- if your refrigerator runs low on beer/drinks, you can walk down the outdoor stairs to the Sunset Bar and get what you need to restock it.

But most importantly, don’t book them until a few days after they become available, as we want to make sure we’re able to book ours first! 😂

Well played. So I take it as you think I SHOULD snag 1130? 🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LIxo said:

If it's still available.  A whole hour has gone by....

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

- buffet is one deck below where you can easily go down to at lunchtime, get food, then come back and eat it out on the balcony.

- and then there are those annoying views of the shoreline as the ship is leaving the port, especially when the sun is setting.

Love it!  Yes, please discourage those who are not in the know to never, ever book these five cabins 🙂  That way we can book them!

Edited by capsplace
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

If it's still available.  A whole hour as gone by....

My agent has it on hold for us currently, so we have it if we want it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LIxo said:

Yes! 1130 was actually the first one we ever booked. Every now and then someone will peek into your balcony after they come up those outdoor stairs before going into the door. But that may happen once or twice the whole cruise. But that particular cabin is the one that motivated us to book early to get one of those closer to the center.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LIxo said:

In my below (expanded) signature, one of the Live From threads I have listed is on the Summit in one of those aft-facing cabins. If I might suggest, just look at the pictures so it will be quicker to go through.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

In my below (expanded) signature, one of the Live From threads I have listed is on the Summit in one of those aft-facing cabins. If I might suggest, just look at the pictures so it will be quicker to go through.

Thank you! 

• Like 1