Lunch Reservation on Transatlantic

I just read online that on an eastbound TA that the time moves forward one hour at noon to 1:00 p.m. on several days of the cruise.   I was just wondering if you have a 12 or 12:15 lunch reservation on one of these days how that works.  

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

The ship resets it's clocks at 2 am in the morning...each morning.  

You then go by that time.  

Thanks!  I thought I read something that on westbound transatlantic cruises that the time change  happens at 2:00 a.m., but that on eastbound transatlantic cruises that the change is at noon.   It would be way confusing for a noon time change.  Thanks again!

Edited by Joe33472

On Wonder’s eastbound TA last year the time change was either at 2pm (1400) or 3pm (1500) - can’t remember which. It definitely wasn’t noon though. Or 2am. And it was timed to avoid meal times.

I believe the reason they did it in the afternoon was to prevent the crew losing an hour’s sleep every other day.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

On Wonder’s eastbound TA last year the time change was either at 2pm (1400) or 3pm (1500) - can’t remember which. It definitely wasn’t noon though. Or 2am. And it was timed to avoid meal times.

I believe the reason they did it in the afternoon was to prevent the crew losing an hour’s sleep every other day.

Thanks!  2:00 or 3:00 p.m. makes a lot more sense than noon.   

1 hour ago, island lady said:

The ship resets it's clocks at 2 am in the morning...each morning.  

You then go by that time.  

On our HNL to YVR repositioning cruise they moved the clocks forward at 12:00 noon.  Caused a bit of confusion with lunch reservations

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Surprised they did it at noon.  Cut lunch short by an hour.   2pm or 3pm as someone else mentioned made much more sense.

IIRC, after the confusion of the 1st time change, they extended lunch 1/2 hour with subsequent time changes.

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On our HNL to YVR repositioning cruise they moved the clocks forward at 12:00 noon.  Caused a bit of confusion with lunch reservations

Yeah, that just makes no sense to me at all.  

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 7:24 AM, Joe33472 said:

I just read online that on an eastbound TA that the time moves forward one hour at noon to 1:00 p.m. on several days of the cruise.   I was just wondering if you have a 12 or 12:15 lunch reservation on one of these days how that works.  

We did change clocks midday on the eastbound on Anthem in May (Captain would remind you on the noon announcement).  Made it really easy, just head to lunch at noon and you will be seated.  We loved arriving in Europe with no jet lag.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

We did change clocks midday on the eastbound on Anthem in May (Captain would remind you on the noon announcement).  Made it really easy, just head to lunch at noon and you will be seated.  We loved arriving in Europe with no jet lag.

Same on the TA I did in 2019. Announcement at noon each day that the clocks were moving forward. I appreciated not losing an hour sleep on consecutive multiple days & I am sure the crew enjoyed it more.

• Like 1