Does Lobster ever appear on the main dining room menu?

gailellen12

no, not anymore. there might be some special occasion, or if the F&B people might have scored a surplus of lobsters in some port, then, maybe. but there is no “lobster night.” the only place lobster appears without a charge is in the haven restaurant and in NCL’s free at sea advertising.

I had one decent lobster on a cruise in the last 10 years.  It was actually in the Haven Restaurant about a year ago.

Had lobster on Royal, HAL, and Carnival.  Even lobster in LeBistro.  None of them were good…except the Lobster in the Haven Restaurant!.

I certainly wouldn’t make a special effort for any Lobster on any crisis line.

Edited by graphicguy

Lobster ravioli appetizer in the main dining room....a slight taste of lobster may permeate the sauce. I didn't find it particularly appetizing. Certainly no chunks of lobster. I last noticed it on the menu in March, 2023. Could be gone now. Might still be there. 

image.thumb.jpeg.cc35da2cd19ae04b13b380757aefadfc.jpeg

Ok here is something that will make your head spin.  Back in 2010 when NCL was still having a "lobster night" it was not a feature on the Haven menu.  I remember the waitress in the Haven restaurant (Epic) tell us that if we wanted lobster they would bring us a plate.

Let that sink in for a moment.  The Haven staff was offering MDR lobster plates that was not on the Haven menu.

The best lobster I had on an NCL cruise was at a café in port when we stopped in Bar Harbor, Maine.  I ordered a Lobster Cobb Salad. 😋 It wasn't free or even cheap, but it was amazing. 

E982921B-E4CF-47B2-B4FF-C14011F40EE8_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.8e85043519050ceefc97f6aaab9da51b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2