Who pays for this kind of AI?

Ellaleah

This is from an email offer I received today for a16 nightTransatlantic11/23.  It has an additional $400.  OBC.  Who might buy the AI?  It makes no sense to me, but I am very curious if anyone else find this appealing.

image.thumb.png.84eaed2207c88920b1895773f987c53a.pngimage.thumb.png.84eaed2207c88920b1895773f987c53a.png

• Like 2

How much is the cost of drinks, wifi and tips on a 16 night cruise?  The difference in price between the cruise only and the all included is around $1950 if you deduct the extra $400 OBC.  Without any discounts I think just the drinks and wifi would be around $2000.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

This is from an email offer I received today for a16 nightTransatlantic11/23.  It has an additional $400.  OBC.  Who might buy the AI?  It makes no sense to me, but I am very curious if anyone else find this appealing.

image.thumb.png.84eaed2207c88920b1895773f987c53a.pngimage.thumb.png.84eaed2207c88920b1895773f987c53a.png

A heavy drinker could get their moneys worth on a 16 night cruise?

3 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I did the math.  It would have to be very heavy!

I once sat by the pool on Solstice and watched a guy consume 10 drinks in 2 hours and get up and walk away without staggering.............Who knows how much he had Before and After that........

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Or someone who likes nice coffees , smoothies and sparking water . It’s not all about the alcohol 

If you back out premium Wi-Fi and gratuities.  That leaves about $1800 for drinks if they do give you $400 OBC.  Maybe some could drink it, but hard to believe too many would find this AI price enticing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellaleah said:

It very much depends on:

1) how much you drink 

2) if you must have unlimited WiFi

3) your Captains Club status/level

Personally as Elite+, who don't need unlimited WiFi and don't drink alcohol the offer has no value whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

It very much depends on:

1) how much you drink 

2) if you must have unlimited WiFi

3) your Captains Club status/level

Personally as Elite+, who don't need unlimited WiFi and don't drink alcohol the offer has no value whatsoever.

Same here.  We stopped cruising Celebrity for the brief time it was all inclusive and were very pleased when cruise only returned.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

If you back out premium Wi-Fi and gratuities.  That leaves about $1800 for drinks if they do give you $400 OBC.  Maybe some could drink it, but hard to believe too many would find this AI price enticing. 

Thats why I only do Cruise Only and add the Premium WiFi (Elite+ discount) and tips.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

If someone plans to buy the drink package separate anyways then this is a good deal.  The difference in price is still better than buying each perk individually.  It has nothing to do with whether someone would drink that much or not, it is whether a person wants all of those perks.  Also with the price of drinks onboard it is not very hard for a lot of people to spend that much in a day especially on a TA with all of those sea days.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

If someone plans to buy the drink package separate anyways then this is a good deal.  The difference in price is still better than buying each perk individually.  It has nothing to do with whether someone would drink that much or not, it is whether a person wants all of those perks.  Also with the price of drinks onboard it is not very hard for a lot of people to spend that much in a day especially on a TA with all of those sea days.

It is not better than buying a drink pkg.  I did the math.  It is pretty insane!

• Like 1

I think one of my cruises coming up had an AI like that so I didn't purchase that, I added tips but not the others because basically the drink/wifi add on was going to be more than the cruise itself

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

It is not better than buying a drink pkg.  I did the math.  It is pretty insane!

The regular price of the Classic drink package with tips is $105 per night that is over $1600 for the cruise.  WIFI is $400 and Tips are $288 for the cruise, that is $2288.  The difference between the cruise only and the all included is $2346, less the 400 OBC is 1946.  So just the all included are more if you had to purchase at the regular price.  So that is probably how they are basing the price.  Yes you can get deals but not always and not on every cruise.

People pay for these packages without any thought to what it is actually costing them.  They enjoy that they are not being "nickel and dimed", and are willing to pay for it.  It's good for the cruise line, and good for those of us who don't. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

IMG_1486.thumb.png.f1950409436721cb89a3628c0966402a.pngToday the website is showing $699pp for cruise only and $1864pp for all included.  

The classic is 50% off and the total is $863 USD for one person, with tips , auto tips is $288, 

plus Wi-Fi you are probably saving $200  

21 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

Must have been a glitch in the matrix is you were pricing the Connie TA. This is the current price for the same cabin.

Screenshot 2023-07-04 at 11.08.38 AM.png

Not all Celebrity  AI cruises are expensive.

We booked the Silhouette´s 17th April 2024  13 night TA from FLL to Amsterdam in a V2 balcony

for Euros 3308   + 400 USD  OBC  for the 2 of us.

I think that was a great deal.

Happy cruising

Stephen

On 7/4/2023 at 8:16 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

The classic is 50% off and the total is $863 USD for one person, with tips , auto tips is $288, 

plus Wi-Fi you are probably saving $200  

Are you sure that is available on that cruise?  Not all cruises are on sale for 50% beverage package.  My cruise this October was during the May flash sale but is not during this past weeks flash sale.

By DD always buys AI.  She and her hubby (age 29-35) want WiFi, want the beverage package, etc.  They upgrade to premium beverage package.   She likes the fancy martinis from the martini bar at night.  Skips the shows, just hangs at the martini bar.  

During the daytime, she will drink a number of strawberry daiquiris at the pool.  She will have 3-5 fancy coffees a day.    

She is on vacation and wants to enjoy the vacation.  I can’t blame her.  She works long hard hours and when she takes a vacation, she enjoys herself.  

3-5 coffees ($25), 4-5 frozen drinks ($50), a dozen bottles of water ($50), and 2-4 fancy martinis ($36) and the beverage package has MORE than been paid for. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

3-5 coffees ($25), 4-5 frozen drinks ($50), a dozen bottles of water ($50), and 2-4 fancy martinis ($36) per day. She is on vacation and wants to enjoy the vacation.

I would experience unpleasant tachycardia after 2 coffees and be unconscious after 2 alcoholic drinks, so I would not be enjoying my vacation to the fullest. 🙂

image.jpeg.704604bd9647910da1767d32a3ce4fff.jpeg

image.jpeg.b7939df3a7c7e1993ae583c0c6586ec4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1