Free fitness classes ?

Kravmagian

Hello fellow cruisers. We are getting back to cruising after a Covid hiatus. My wife loves Zumba and any other fitness classes. We found in the past that Princess had free Zumba, line dance, ballroom dance classes. On Hawaii cruises they had Hula dance too. They also have a pop choir and one cruise even had a mob flash dance that was lots of fun ! We live in Vancouver BC and like to take cruises that depart from and return to here. Allows us avoid the hassles of flying 🙂 There are itineraries on other cruise lines that fit the bill, but I can’t find out for certain which ones have the kind of free fitness and dance classes we like. Can anyone recommend cruise lines that fit the bill ?

Thanks,

Tom 

We have been on three Princess cruises in the last year.  Each had one or more of the things you mention.  None were out of Vancouver, but I suspect this might be usual of all Princess cruises.   Hopefully others can confirm.  

On our Princess cruise over Christmas, I saw many dance classes in the Atrium.  Perhaps some current cruisers can get their hands on the daily news for various ships to see what's offered.

Thanks for the replies. I know Princess has them, but other cruise lines that depart from Vancouver BC have different itineraries and we are trying to find out if they may have the same kind of activities. 

Celebrity sails out of Vancouver. There are usually free dance activities (ballroom, line dancing, etc.) and I've attended open Zumba classes in the past but haven't seen many in the past couple of years. I think Zumba isn't as popular as it once was.  Some of these classes are dependent on an instructor being on the cruise and willing to teach classes.

Celebrity also has some free fitness classes and some paid - depending on the class. Things like Pelaton classes are about $10. 

Cruises with more sea days are more likely to have dance classes, and there are generally arts & crafts activities and passenger choirs on repositioning cruises. But I suspect that's the case on most cruiselines.