Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle

Host Jazzbeau

30 minutes ago, Allwashedup said:

We were on Quest last week and the Meet and Mingle meeting was in the library. Only five of us attended, as most people were still unpacking or booking speciality restaurants.

Luckily the event was rescheduled for another day and a lot more people attended.

Was it listed in the daily program? For what time, if you remember?

2 hours ago, beatnix said:

Journey, but it is announced on every ship in the same way and also on the same time, around take of.

Journey is what we are on for Christmas and I am keeping the roll call for our cruise and trying to give the correct info on meet and greet.  Hoping it was still the case that it would be in the Insider.

Thanks for the info.

We’re currently on the second of B2B cruises on the Onward, and it has been held port side of The Living Room at 6 p.m. boarding day both cruises. It’s been in the Living Room (port side) both times. There were no signs and no one there (as far as I know) for the current cruise. The last cruise, everyone sat on the couches and chairs at the back.

3 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

We’re currently on the second of B2B cruises on the Onward, and it has been held port side of The Living Room at 6 p.m. boarding day both cruises. It’s been in the Living Room (port side) both times. There were no signs and no one there (as far as I know) for the current cruise. The last cruise, everyone sat on the couches and chairs at the back.

It’s interesting that recent reports are 6 pm.  If my memory serves of my last cruises, it used to be at 5 pm.  I think 6 pm is a better time.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

It’s interesting that recent reports are 6 pm.  If my memory serves of my last cruises, it used to be at 5 pm.  I think 6 pm is a better time.

Last year, it was 5 p.m. the first day on our cruises. Bad timing because it was sail away-didn’t attract many people.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

That really IS bad planning! Hope that isn’t the case on my upcoming cruise 

It has ALWAYS been at the same time, but as time has gone by the meet and mingle has become less popular, and has become a no-hosted event. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leo_On_Geo said:

It has ALWAYS been at the same time, but as time has gone by the meet and mingle has become less popular, and has become a no-hosted event. 

On our last cruise the Hotel Director attended and made sure she talked to everyone.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, uktog said:

Usually the Library except on Onward where it was in Atlas

So all these gatherings are in close proximity to each other,  such that a guest could visit both venues if they wished.

Edited by takemewithyou

56 minutes ago, uktog said:

Usually the Library except on Onward where it was in Atlas

We were on Onward for 2 cruises this summer. It was in the Living Room both times with very unclear details as to exactly where. People were walking around asking where it was.

9 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

We were on Onward for 2 cruises this summer. It was in the Living Room both times with very unclear details as to exactly where. People were walking around asking where it was.

36 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

On our last cruise it was held in the Living Room in the open area on the port side.

What are we talking about - my answer was about the VIP event which I highlighted also has the potential to clash with cruise critic in terms of timing and to an extent venue. 
I think for the majority of cruises now the cruise critic event is in a section of the living room with few if any senior officers attending.  The timing is not ideal for most guests but on port intensive cruises that’s something that’s hard to work around. There will always be exceptions! 

If meeting  up with others to finalise private tour arrangements are important then I would suggest it’s no longer sensible to rely on a Cruise Critic social but to set up on the rollcall an alternative place and time/method to communicate. 

Its not like the ships are large and to be honest we have met more Cruise Critic posters in casual conversation in the bars and dining room than we have at the socials which now frankly are hardly well attended at all on many cruises - yes there will be exceptions. It’s not about how active roll calls are but a large number of other reasons not least nowadays people are interacting by name not handles in other places and forming connections that way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uktog said:

What are we talking about - my answer was about the VIP event which I highlighted also has the potential to clash with cruise critic in terms of timing and to an extent venue. 
I think for the majority of cruises now the cruise critic event is in a section of the living room with few if any senior officers attending.  The timing is not ideal for most guests but on port intensive cruises that’s something that’s hard to work around. There will always be exceptions! 

If meeting  up with others to finalise private tour arrangements are important then I would suggest it’s no longer sensible to rely on a Cruise Critic social but to set up on the rollcall an alternative place and time/method to communicate. 

Its not like the ships are large and to be honest we have met more Cruise Critic posters in casual conversation in the bars and dining room than we have at the socials which now frankly are hardly well attended at all on many cruises - yes there will be exceptions. It’s not about how active roll calls are but a large number of other reasons not least nowadays people are interacting by name not handles in other places and forming connections that way. 

Sorry Ann-I was talking about the Cruise Critic event.  I have set up private events for people doing tours with us in the past.

• Like 1