Article on Crystal Website

Focused1

WOW! What a lovely article! And such a gorgeous family. 

Oh PLEASE @Keith1010, won't you book that November 8 2024 Symphony cruise so I can meet you in person? It looks like I'll be doing that cruise alone, and it's such an important one to me. It would be nice to know someone on board.

By the way (and sorry to go off-topic), Mom passed peacefully yesterday afternoon. I'm so grateful I got to tell her that I had this cruise fully booked before she went.

Anyway, I loved reading your thoughts on Crystal, and it makes me all the more excited to cruise on Symphony again. Like you, I've tried many other cruise lines and just never found one that ticked all the boxes and hit every mark the way Crystal did. I know I'll have a wonderful and very meaningful cruise whether I know anyone in advance or not, but...can I twist your arm? 😉 

• Like 2

Condolences on the loss of your mom. Truly lovely that you got to tell her about the cruise, and discussed with her the travel you did together. If she didn’t thank you out loud, surely it was in her heart.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Leejnd4 said:

Oh PLEASE @Keith1010, won't you book that November 8 2024 Symphony cruise so I can meet you in person? It looks like I'll be doing that cruise alone, and it's such an important one to me. It would be nice to know someone on board.

By the way (and sorry to go off-topic), Mom passed peacefully yesterday afternoon. I'm so grateful I got to tell her that I had this cruise fully booked before she went.

Anyway, I loved reading your thoughts on Crystal, and it makes me all the more excited to cruise on Symphony again. Like you, I've tried many other cruise lines and just never found one that ticked all the boxes and hit every mark the way Crystal did. I know I'll have a wonderful and very meaningful cruise whether I know anyone in advance or not, but...can I twist your arm? 😉 

💔💔💔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leejnd4 said:

So sorry for your loss !

• Like 1

LeeAnne I am so sorry about your Mom's passing.  May her memory live on and may her memory be a blessing.  

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. At this time I have a conflict for that cruise due to commitments here but I have written it down and will relook at it in a few months for sure.  We would love to sail with you for sure so I will relook at this.

Focused1 thank you for posting the article and for your nice comments and Nancy for posting  the link and  to suzeluvscruiz for her nice comments.

I guess the cat is out of the bag now.  Of was the cat in the bags which have been packed (figuratively) for months.  I prefer to wait for cruises to be closer to their sailing date before posting about a booking for a slew of reasons.  We will be on the first two cruises of Crystal Serenity and we look forward to sailing with several of our CC community woh are booked for one or both of these cruises some of whom we know and others who we do not know.  It will be a pleasure to sail with each of you.  More on that as we get closer.  

We do have two more family members since that photo was taken on the day we renewed our wedding vows and my hope is we will take the entire family on a Crystal Cruise and look forward to the release of the 2025 itineraries to see if that will be possible. The dates in 2023 and 2024 didn't work for that.

Keith

• Like 4

On 7/3/2023 at 9:26 AM, uktog said:

Starting this separate thread now so what actually happens is separated from what might happen.

Will be on the Inaugural (all other things willing) in two weeks.  We had not expected to be on the inaugural but changes happened.

First post is to say things were running a little late but today I was emailed the link to do my on line check in.  (Maybe they do not release the link until two weeks before which today is).  I followed the link and input the information.  If you are travelling with more than one person in the booking you have to complete the check in for everyone before it gives you the option on the front page to request your e-tickets.  Seaware is a little annoying, you do have to re-enter common information for the second person.  There is no option to tick a box and reapply the common information from the first person.  

I must have done it all correctly, I now have our e-tickets.  It is a 12 page document in our case as there is two of us and it contains all the information you need, the health declaration form, your luggage tags etc.  I like the fact the health declaration is something I can print out and complete the day before arriving at the port rather than balancing at a check in desk!.  The luggage labels are the "squarer" format used by MSC rather than the long thin ones that our current holders which were bought for Azamara can take but thats not a problem.  They do however mention tag holders that will be sent or will be available at the port so no problem there.

The information about transport links to Southampton our port of embarkation is very good indeed and very specific.  It covers all the airport options, how to identify licensed taxis (the plates to look out for) and general tipping guidance which is correct for the UK.

We had booked one excursion, it is correctly detailed in the document.  When we booked it, no time was given.  Delighted to see that "Ocean state of mind" does not include be up early for an excursion and we have a 10.45 start that day.

So all in all a good start to the final countdown.

Will update with any pre cruise information and once onboard, will share information, experiences and try and answer questions

14 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

Very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace knowing you are booked on a Crystal cruise 

keith, 

just read the article about you and your wife.  i had no idea you cruised so often and for such a long time with crystal.  i'm looking forward to my mediterranean cruise, like you.  when the ship docks in lisbon, i plan to spend three days there to learn about the city and i won't forget to buy some custard tarts!  congratulations on a wonderful looking family.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

keith, 

just read the article about you and your wife.  i had no idea you cruised so often and for such a long time with crystal.  i'm looking forward to my mediterranean cruise, like you.  when the ship docks in lisbon, i plan to spend three days there to learn about the city and i won't forget to buy some custard tarts!  congratulations on a wonderful looking family.

Thank you David. 

Lisbon is a terrific city. So much to enjoy and I have to say the Portuguese Tart we tasted was delicious. I had not had that one before so I can't compare but I enjoyed it.

Keith

1 hour ago, USC Adventurer said:

keith, 

I highly recommend Cascais and Sintra while you are in Lisbon. Beautiful scenery along the way too 🙂

• Like 1

Keith -

Sally and I are both so pleased that you will be on our sailing. I started following you when the pandemic hit, and then as the ships returned to service, then through the acquisition. Your positive attitude is so refreshing. Cannot believe we are so close now. Soon I will be having a cosmo leaving Lisbon on Serenity just as I once did years ago on Harmony with Mum. Good, good times. I hope the ship is full. She is such a beauty!  
Cheers to all that will be joining us!

Sue 

• Like 1

Hi Sue, 

Thank you for your kind words.

I look forward to sailing with you and Sally and the other members from CC who are on this sailing. This is a terrific itinerary.  The cosmo sounds great.

Cheers,

Keith 

Keith & Anne Marie, I have followed your blog for years now & loved to follow your adventures.  I just saw this great article and I hope a new cruise report will be started at the end of July!   Safe travels & Bon Voyage.

Betty

11 hours ago, InsGuy3 said:

Very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace knowing you are booked on a Crystal cruise 

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but it comes across that way. I suppose if you hadn't seen my earlier thread, you wouldn't grasp the significance of this cruise to me and my Mom. Given that I was commenting to Keith (who did know, due to his participation in my my earlier thread), I didn't think about explaining it. But I see now I should have.

My Mom's favorite cruise, of the many we did together, was on Symphony. And as she approached the end recently, we talked about how she would love it if I would spread her ashes in some of the amazing places we visited during our years of traveling together. I found two itineraries that would allow me to do that, and I posted a thread asking for opinions about which itinerary looked more attractive to other cruisers, given that some of the port stops I haven't seen yet. I got great feedback, made my choice, and booked the cruise. It gave my Mom great comfort to know that I will be bringing her back to some of the magical places we visited, on her favorite cruise ship. 

I do understand why this wasn't clear, and why my comment may have seemed bizarre.

Now back to discussions of this amazing article about Keith. Sorry I brought this up.

Edited by Leejnd4

4 hours ago, BettyPC said:

Keith & Anne Marie, I have followed your blog for years now & loved to follow your adventures.  I just saw this great article and I hope a new cruise report will be started at the end of July!   Safe travels & Bon Voyage.

Betty

Betty, it will for sure. Many thanks for your kind thoughts.

Keith

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leejnd4 said:

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but it comes across that way. I suppose if you hadn't seen my earlier thread, you wouldn't grasp the significance of this cruise to me and my Mom. Given that I was commenting to Keith (who did know, due to his participation in my my earlier thread), I didn't think about explaining it. But I see now I should have.

My Mom's favorite cruise, of the many we did together, was on Symphony. And as she approached the end recently, we talked about how she would love it if I would spread her ashes in some of the amazing places we visited during our years of traveling together. I found two itineraries that would allow me to do that, and I posted a thread asking for opinions about which itinerary looked more attractive to other cruisers, given that some of the port stops I haven't seen yet. I got great feedback, made my choice, and booked the cruise. It gave my Mom great comfort to know that I will be bringing her back to some of the magical places we visited, on her favorite cruise ship. 

I do understand why this wasn't clear, and why my comment may have seemed bizarre.

Now back to discussions of this amazing article about Keith. Sorry I brought this up.

I definitely did not mean to be sarcastic. I gathered from your post that Crystal cruises was her favorite cruise and merely echoing what you just explained. I sincerely apologize if it came across any other way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, InsGuy3 said:

I definitely did not mean to be sarcastic. I gathered from your post that Crystal cruises was her favorite cruise and merely echoing what you just explained. I sincerely apologize if it came across any other way.

And you have my apology that I misunderstood. My head is on a little backwards right now...