Bankruptcy settlement update?

the_dylaness

1 hour ago, Whipsnade said:

Do you mean to tell me that if someone had not “activated” (whatever that means) all five of their credits and gets a payment small or large from Moecker then their remaining  yet to be “activated” nncoupons will be voided?  
That would immediately totally alienate the very pax they are trying to woo back by the entire EI effort. 
It just ain’t going to happen. No marketing team in the world would permit this. 

Please see my example - say they get $2,000 from Moecker. Say they had 2 unused credits that had been worth $2,500 each. Each of those is now worth $1,500 each. $2,500 x 2 = $5,000 and

$1,500 x 2 = $3,000 + $2,000 from Moecker. It's all $5,000, either way!!!

1 hour ago, Whipsnade said:

Do you mean to tell me that if someone had not “activated” (whatever that means) all five of their credits and gets a payment small or large from Moecker then their remaining  yet to be “activated” nncoupons will be voided?  
That would immediately totally alienate the very pax they are trying to woo back by the entire EI effort. 
It just ain’t going to happen. No marketing team in the world would permit this. 

Okay, let me break this down in terms even YOU can understand. 

Assuming we have two EI slices worth $2,500.00 each which have NOT been applied to a booking. We get back from Moecker $1,000.00 each. Crystal will reduce the EI for each of us to $1,500.00 each on the UNAPPLIED credits. On the other hand, if we have already applied the entire $2,500.00 each to a new booking, then there will be NO reduction of the EI credit. This really is not that complicated. The moral of the story is apply your EI credits ASAP!!

The simple fact is, the most any of us is going to get back is about $2,500.00/person and New Crystal had no obligation to do anything. Be thankful that they did and stop whining about it!

• Like 3

There is a saying folks it is time to move on.  We have covered this in as many ways as one can.  I suspect most other people reading this thread understand what happens with your unused vouchers if you have received a refund back from Moecker.  When it was explained to me the first time, I got it and shared it here and I suspect most got it and should anyone have forgotten they now know.

Keith 

• Like 1

In our case we were fortunate that Crystal expanded the program to include bookings beyond the Ocean vessels. This allowed us to get a second voucher from money we had down on Endeavor (two cruises) and Mozart (two cruses with a full payment made).  We have used the two vouchers and the associated ten sub credits on cruises we would have booked through CYE 2025.  There is other money beyond this we won't see but there were lessons learned for me.  

This was truly not expected.  

For those who have a voucher but have not used it yet, remember you must use one sub-credit on or before October 1, 2023 or the voucher is no longer valid.  You can apply a voucher retroactively for cruises already booked and do remember that the vouchers are good on Crystal Symphony and Serenity cruises departing on our after 12/31/25.

As to Moecker, I never expected money back so whatever we get is what it is.  

Hopefully, we will no something in October so many of us can close the book on the former parent company for good.

Keith

38 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

For those who have a voucher but have not used it yet, remember you must use one sub-credit on or before October 1, 2023 or the voucher is no longer valid.  You can apply a voucher retroactively for cruises already booked and do remember that the vouchers are good on Crystal Symphony and Serenity cruises departing on our after 12/31/25.

Cruises must depart on or before 12/31/25. 

I am reposting this since I had a critical error in my earlier post. Thank you Tracie.

In our case we were fortunate that Crystal expanded the program to include bookings beyond the Ocean vessels. This allowed us to get a second voucher from money we had down on Endeavor (two cruises) and Mozart (two cruses with a full payment made).  We have used the two vouchers and the associated ten sub credits on cruises we would have booked through CYE 2025.  There is other money beyond this we won't see but there were lessons learned for me.  

For those who have a voucher but have not used it yet, remember you must use one sub-credit on or before October 1, 2023 or the voucher is no longer valid.  You can apply a voucher retroactively for cruises already booked and do remember that the vouchers are good on Crystal Symphony and Serenity cruises departing on or befrore 12/31/25.

Hopefully, we will no something in October so many of us can close the book on the former parent company for good.

Keith

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I am reposting this since I had a critical error in my earlier post. Thank you Tracie.

For those who have a voucher but have not used it yet, remember you must use one sub-credit on or before October 1, 2023 or the voucher is no longer valid.  You can apply a voucher retroactively for cruises already booked and do remember that the vouchers are good on Crystal Symphony and Serenity cruises departing on or befrore 12/31/25.

Keith

Hello, after reading all this on getting back money from Moecker. Am I right to understand that if my claim is only $4000, I will get the $4000 from NC because of the EI and I will get the $4000 from Moecker?

7 minutes ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

Hello, after reading all this on getting back money from Moecker. Am I right to understand that if my claim is only $4000, I will get the $4000 from NC because of the EI and I will get the $4000 from Moecker?

No one knows how much you will get back from Moecker - they’re educated guesstimates at the moment until the court approves payments and the way they are calculated. It’s likely to be less than $4000 though 

If you have used the EI credits (spread across 5 seperate uses) then you will receive the full $4000

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

As mentioned if you book five cruises in the time frames we've discussed your fare would be reduced $800.00 per cruise.

While we don't know the payout we do know the maximum appears to be $2,225.00 per person whether they were owed $2250.00 or something much higher than that.

Keith 

On a $4000 claim you will probably not receive more than maybe $1500 from Moecker. They sent out six weeks ago an entire list by pax of all the amounts which would go to each claimant. If you did not receive this call the Moecker ofc. 
even though some posters are vehement in their posts that whatever you get will affect your EI from NC even they now say if you have already received EI credits snd applied them to new bookings they will not be affected by $$ received from Moecker. Hope this is clear. 

7 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

even though some posters are vehement in their posts that whatever you get will affect your EI from NC even they now say if you have already received EI credits snd applied them to new bookings they will not be affected by $$ received from Moecker. Hope this is clear. 

That is correct IF you have used all of your 5 credits. If you have used fewer than the 5, receive money from Moecker, then the remaining credits will be reduced by the amount you received from Moecker.

• Thanks 1

Finally Keith has  made a mostly accurate verifiable claim. Max you will receive is $2225 per person from Moecker regardless of the size of your claim. This is from the list of priority claims. What Keith had nit reported is that any balance due over $2225 pp will go to the end if the list sbd you may eventusllyv a check fir some small amount but don’t hold your breath. 

27 minutes ago, Whipsnade said:

On a $4000 claim you will probably not receive more than maybe $1500 from Moecker. They sent out six weeks ago an entire list by pax of all the amounts which would go to each claimant. If you did not receive this call the Moecker ofc. 

Did Moecker send an email with the priority amount due to each claimant?

In an Omnibus Objection to Claims filed in July, we saw our priority amount because our 2 claims were consolidated.  Should we have received anything else?  Thanks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ruthnlarry said:

Did Moecker send an email with the priority amount due to each claimant?

In an Omnibus Objection to Claims filed in July, we saw our priority amount because our 2 claims were consolidated.  Should we have received anything else?  Thanks

Same for us and that is all that has been sent.  It showed two claims consolidated and what the max is. 

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Finally Keith has  made a mostly accurate verifiable claim. Max you will receive is $2225 per person from Moecker regardless of the size of your claim. This is from the list of priority claims. What Keith had nit reported is that any balance due over $2225 pp will go to the end if the list sbd you may eventusllyv a check fir some small amount but don’t hold your breath. 

That is not entirely correct.  The ABC has not completed the all of the objections.  Nor has the court approved all of them.

Further some cruises are covered by a Federal Maritime Insurance bond that OC had to provide covering those cruises in 2022 and 2023 leaving from a US port.  These were to be covered differently and not lumped into the other assets and were supposed to be handled after the initial distribution of assets (as reported in the media).  However I have an unanswered question sent several weeks ago to the Assignee as to the process.  I have one claim that fits this category.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

That is not entirely correct.  The ABC has not completed the all of the objections.  Nor has the court approved all of them.

Further some cruises are covered by a Federal Maritime Insurance bond that OC had to provide covering those cruises in 2022 and 2023 leaving from a US port.  These were to be covered differently and not lumped into the other assets and were supposed to be handled after the initial distribution of assets (as reported in the media).  However I have an unanswered question sent several weeks ago to the Assignee as to the process.  I have one claim that fits this category.

Im really glad you’re asking questions about the bookings covered by the FMC bonds.  I’ve wondered about that process for years and years and have seen few concrete details about the resolution process, but I don’t have a dog in that fight so I would never waste anyone’s time with questions when they have so much other work to do.  I’m looking forward to learning from you all though, as always.

Vince

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

And the key are some.  Mine were not having read the rules but some are.  

Keith 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BWIVince said:

Im really glad you’re asking questions about the bookings covered by the FMC bonds.  I’ve wondered about that process for years and years and have seen few concrete details about the resolution process, but I don’t have a dog in that fight so I would never waste anyone’s time with questions when they have so much other work to do.  I’m looking forward to learning from you all though, as always.

Vince

The Assignee has been very thorough in finding the money.  Of course the 10% finding fee helps.

The most recent was getting the insurance companies to pay for the wrong doings and poor management of the past directors. A $15M settlement without admitting any wrong doing on the part of the directors -- gets a 1.5M fee.  All of this helps pay the priority claims to the maximum the law allows.

I will post anything on the FMC bonds if I get an answer from them. There is too much conflicting info on how this works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Question: I apologize if this has previously been addressed. I thought I saw something but of course it escapes me where it was explained. 

As you are aware the October 1, 2023, the deadline for activating the first sub-credit of EI Certificates is quickly ticking. We have finally made a decision to book. If we were to book three staterooms ( two for adult children and spouses) can we use 3 sub-credits if the same cc is used.   In other words…if we pay for all 3 can we use 3 of the 5 credits that are in my husband’s name? 

Edited by Cancun01