How to force ncl.com to be in English?

fstuff1

I am automatically rerouted  the NCL webpage in Europe that is in English, on the very bottom of that webpage on the right hand side, there is a "scroll menu" where I can change language from English to French. Maybe while you are in Bermuda, you have the possibility to change from Spanish to English instead?

See screenshot below - I have no idea if that would even be an option for you right now, but it is worth a try...

image.thumb.jpeg.d2f023583d202349d305a5d343efc06a.jpeg

Edited by TrumpyNor
misspelled

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

I am automatically rerouted  the NCL webpage in Europe that is in English, on the very bottom of that webpage on the right hand side, there is a "scroll menu" where I can change language from English to French. Maybe while you are in Bermuda, you have the possibility to change from Spanish to English instead?

See screenshot below - I have no idea if that would even be an option for you right now, but it is worth a try...

Thx.

Just realized the Spain ncl.com website has different promo options.

You are forced to take the drinks package. :(

so not only do I need English, I also need the USA ncl.com.

I guess I need VPN for that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrumpyNor said:

Thx.

You are forced to take the drinks package. :(

For various reasons I prefer to always book my cruises through my American based NCL cruise consultant, and since I always get automatically rerouted to ncl.com/EU with the rates in Euro and the European promotions, I have found a very large American webpage (cruise dot com) where I can modify searches to only show NCL cruises/NCL ships/NCL itineraries. That way I can always do "mock bookings" and check what is available on my own before I contact my PCC in the US by e-mail and ask her to book it for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Thx.

You are forced to take the drinks package. 😞

Yes, the website will revert to "local" sites while onboard, VPN is the only way around it as far as I know.  Very annoying IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm traveling in Europe right now, and was running into the same issue. Couldn't book a cruise because it wasn't showing my CruiseNext in my account. Turned out to be an easy fix though - site came up perfectly on my phone! Not sure why it doesn't work on my laptop, but does on my mobile, but I was glad it did. 

Interestingly, if I use my phone as a hotspot and connect my laptop to it, the page still defaults to the international sites. So it only works on the mobile device itself.

On the main NCL website scroll down to the bottom...under 'Our Company' click on 'International Locations'...you can then visit any NCL website.

Edit - Sorry...was giving wrong info - it only lets you access the N American sites...not the rest of the world.

Edited by CaptainBazz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

On the main NCL website scroll down to the bottom...under 'Our Company' click on 'International Locations'...you can then visit any NCL website.

Thank you for pointing that out!  I think that many of us tend to forget the options at the bottom of the NCL website. There are helpful links there.

32 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

Edit - Sorry...was giving wrong info - it only lets you access the N American sites...not the rest of the world. 

Are you sure about that ??  I just managed to get into 2 overseas portal via NCL - like this URL below

https://www.ncl.com/jp/ja/

Maybe, the difference being that I'm on my desktop browser's VPN, so they aren't able to geo-track my access to switch to the "appropriate" country/language sites.  

I know when we're onboard cruising thru Portugal & Spain, that the "English" portal wasn't coming up automatically and default to EU locations, probably b/c we've on ship's satellite via oveseas location.  

VPN (using it) is a blessing for sure - my setup has Google One's VPN integrated but additionally, we use a standalone VPN (less than $3 USD a month based on annual subscription) that truly stopped most tracking, etc. etc. on multiple devices/connections.  

• Like 1