WE MADE THE SWITCH TO SIMPLY MORE! A PERFECT FIT FOR US!

stonepebble

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

yes  you are correct 

bad example on my part

How about   Marketing as in 2 for 1  😉

Just more BS  IMO

100% agree  - 2 for 1 doesn't even make sense and causes more confusion than needed.

As much as I did enjoy the your world, your way approach, and it was in fact what initially attracted us to Oceania, I am looking forward to giving SM a chance. And the added savings from our original booking from the Summer Sale made it the perfect opportunity to give it a whirl next June! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clairol said:

100% agree  - 2 for 1 doesn't even make sense and causes more confusion than needed.

As much as I did enjoy the your world, your way approach, and it was in fact what initially attracted us to Oceania, I am looking forward to giving SM a chance. And the added savings from our original booking from the Summer Sale made it the perfect opportunity to give it a whirl next June! 

Enjoy

7 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

$3798 person round trip.

Is the the amount Oceania charged, over and above the cost of the cruise with air, or does this price include the cost of economy air that is bundled into the cruise with air that you lose when you book Business with Oceania?

Edited by 1985rz1

4 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Let me clarify my price in my last post. The SM price is $1500 per person more with air. The additional cost for business is $1899 per person each way. So that comes to an additional $3798 per person. 

We assume you have explored doing your own air reservations.  Airlines like TAP and La Compagnie will often have very attractive Biz Class fares.  In the past, we have also used Aer Lingus which is a two edged sword.  With that airline you do need to change planes at Dublin or Shannon.  However, they used to allow free stop-overs in Ireland...up to 10 days (not sure of the current rule).  We have twice visited Ireland (for extended driving trips) by using this free stopover.

Hank

3 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We assume you have explored doing your own air reservations.  Airlines like TAP and La Compagnie will often have very attractive Biz Class fares.  In the past, we have also used Aer Lingus which is a two edged sword.  With that airline you do need to change planes at Dublin or Shannon.  However, they used to allow free stop-overs in Ireland...up to 10 days (not sure of the current rule).  We have twice visited Ireland (for extended driving trips) by using this free stopover.

Hank

Several Airlines have what they call "European first class/business class" on the shorter flight within Europe, The three seat section, middle seat remains empty, and slightly better food. The overseas flight to the US is regular Business Class seating and service.

1 minute ago, SATaxman said:

Several Airlines have what they call "European first class/business class" on the shorter flight within Europe, The three seat section, middle seat remains empty, and slightly better food. The overseas flight to the US is regular Business Class seating and service.

We are all too familiar with domestic first/business within Europe..and it usually sucks!  That being said, if you can get it as part of an international ticket from/to the USA, it usually does not add much cost.  it can also be helpful vis-a-vis checked luggage rules.

For those not familiar with flying in Europe, they also need to pay a lot of attention to the details...if they will need to change at European airports.  There are many online forums (including the air blog here on CC) where folks debate which airports are best for changing.  As a simple example, I like to avoid German and UK airports for changing, because you get involved in extra Passport/security  checks...even if simply in transit.

Hank

4 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Let me clarify my price in my last post. The SM price is $1500 per person more with air. The additional cost for business is $1899 per person each way. So that comes to an additional $3798 per person. 

I suspect part of the $1500 was you air  credit  that you declined  before switching

so the  true BIZ fare  is approx $5000 r/t

That may also change when they get their contracts  for 2024 with the airlines

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I suspect part of the $1500 was you air  credit  that you declined  before switching

so the  true BIZ fare  is approx $5000 r/t

That may also change when they get their contracts  for 2024 with the airlines

That's what I think.  Folks some times forget that when upgrading to BIZ air with O, you are also paying for the included economy fare, and don't get a credit for it.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

If business class is an additional $1899 per person each way, shouldn't the total per person be
$1500 + (2 x $1899) = $5298?

7 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

If business class is an additional $1899 per person each way, shouldn't the total per person be

I was wondering that too, but thought perhaps they only want the more comfortable arrangements for possibly an overnight flight one way and not as concerned for a daytime return flight?? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Depends what the original air credit was  & the different in whether  they had cruise only  or O life   &  the difference in switching to SM 

The devil is in the details 😉

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Depends what the original air credit was  & the different in whether  they had cruise only  or O life   &  the difference in switching to SM 

The devil is in the details 😉

They gave the original air credit as $1500 per person.

Yes, my business fare will be $5298 each person. That is less than if you price out a new booking under current promotion. Business upgrade would now be $1500 + (2 x $2299). = $6098. My TA said mine is less because I was rebooking a cruise made under the old Olife rate and they use that booking date to determine what the airfare was at that time and apply it to my new booking. I think that’s how it came to be.It’s complicated but I’m happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AMHuntFerry said:

They gave the original air credit as $1500 per person.

Did they??

I only saw that they were  charged  $1500 to switch to SM

Must have missed the other post

Anyway if they are happy with the amount  that is all that matters

We also made the switch from Olife to the Summer Sale with SM and saved thousands - amazing.

As noted on various posts on this board, to get the correct pricing you need to call your TA.  When I looked online at the Summer Sale and SM pricing, it did not look like any savings but thanks to those other posters, I made that call and was pleasantly shocked at the savings.   So much for simplyMORE being "simple" 🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, the mice said:

We also made the switch from Olife to the Summer Sale with SM and saved thousands - amazing.

As noted on various posts on this board, to get the correct pricing you need to call your TA.  When I looked online at the Summer Sale and SM pricing, it did not look like any savings but thanks to those other posters, I made that call and was pleasantly shocked at the savings.   So much for simplyMORE being "simple" 🤣

Was there availability or was everything waitlisted?

3 hours ago, SATaxman said:

Was there availability or was everything waitlisted?

To switch to Simply More it doesn't matter. To get the Summer Sale prices might be a different situation. 

• Like 1

If you already have booked a cabin your TA should be able to make the switch with you keeping the same cabin. We were able to keep our cabin which  I had booked previously under Olife. I lost the SBC from the 20th anniversary sale but still came out ahead with SM and summer sale.

• Like 1