Crystal Management changes announced

Stickman1990

An article from todays Sea Trade 

“Jack Anderson retired from the Crystal presidency, with A&K Group CEO Cristina Levis to continue overseeing the brand from Monaco and Kim Berman becoming managing director of the Florida office”

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/people-opinions/changes-crystals-top-management

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks Terry. Any idea what is the reason? 
Ivi

No reason has been given Ivi but remember he went on leave a few months back so not entirely surprising he has decided to retire 

To me he always came across as a somewhat reluctant CEO who found himself in the position after an unusual chain of events 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He was hired for continuity and knew where the bodies were buried.   He knew and had the best contacts to bring back the much needed travel partners. 

It is 100 percent clear all of the strings are being pulled from Monaco.  New CEO, ports and planning plus other senior positions .  US is just a a sales office. 

Nothing wrong with this but the ownership needs control and that is where the owner is.  

Edited by PaulMCO

33 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

It is 100 percent clear all of the strings are being pulled from Monaco.  New CEO, ports and planning plus other senior positions .  US is just a a sales office. 

Nothing wrong with this but the ownership needs control and that is where the owner is.  

Absolutely no surprise there - Heritage have forked out hundreds of millions of dollars on this purchase and refurbishment/relaunch so why wouldn’t they be closely controlling things? 

For me I am really hoping new Crystal does change and new things are introduced (and some old things dropped) - I think it’s a totally wasted opportunity not to make changes now and in fact if they don’t they will fall behind their competitors. This is the ideal time to make changes that leap frog their competitors - unless of course they don’t consider they have any as they are so unique or were so far ahead with the old model 😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

For me I am really hoping new Crystal does change and new things are introduced (and some old things dropped) - I think it’s a totally wasted opportunity not to make changes now and in fact if they don’t they will fall behind their competitors. This is the ideal time to make changes that leap frog their competitors - unless of course they don’t consider they have any as they are so unique or were so far ahead with the old model 😉

I agree.  They need to get going, bring in continuous revenue for year or two to prove to the investment community that they are viable.  Then it is new ships to replace and grow.  That is the only way to survive. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

No reason has been given Ivi but remember he went on leave a few months back so not entirely surprising he has decided to retire 

To me he always came across as a somewhat reluctant CEO who found himself in the position after an unusual chain of events 

Leave?  It was likely cover.  Pretty standard practice in the corporate world

None of us know why Jack Anderson is leaving.

People can speculate all they want but that is all it is.

And you (I am talking to everyone) might think you know and you may be 100% off the mark.

So it goes.

Keith

• Haha 3

Some more management and reporting line changes announced by A&K which impact Crystal execs

Certainly no surprise and imho good to see A&K bringing Crystal management into the A&K organisation 

A&K Travel Group's ‘One A&K’ strategy sees a new chief sales officer role and some reporting changes for Crystal executives

Full article is available at 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/people-opinions/one-ak-strategy-has-shared-cso-some-crystal-reporting-changes?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

Some more management and reporting line changes announced by A&K which impact Crystal execs

Certainly no surprise and imho good to see A&K bringing Crystal management into the A&K organisation 

A&K Travel Group's ‘One A&K’ strategy sees a new chief sales officer role and some reporting changes for Crystal executives

Full article is available at 

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/people-opinions/one-ak-strategy-has-shared-cso-some-crystal-reporting-changes?

quite a number of VP for  ships 

• Like 1