Need a tour of Rome with pick up at the cruise port and a vehicle for the day with a guide small group any suggestions?

Family Vac 2023

Our Cruise takes us to Rome for the day.  I am traveling with my kids and my parents so I am looking for a company that will pick us up at the cruise port.  Take us around Rome potentially with a guide but not needed to the main attractions then back to the cruise port.  Given that we are traveling with my parents I did not want a walking tour instead I was hoping for a company that was willing to drive us around for the day.  I looked at Italytours.er however they do not have any tours for our date in August of 2023.

There are several car service companies that target the cruise business in Rome, many of them are mentioned in threads on this forum.

In addition to the one noted above, here are a couple of others frequently recommended:

Rome Limousine Tours | Civitavecchia Shuttle | Rome Limo Transfer (romelimousines.com)

Private tours, Transfers & Shore Excursions - RomeCabs

As Cruiser Bruce says, you are quite late so you may have to try several companies, and ask each if them can recommend someone else if they are full.

Also, as a side note, drivers and guides are two different professions in Italy so if you want a guide, you'd need to pay extra for that.  The firms that target the cruise business all have English-speaking drivers who are generally quite chatty, that may be sufficient information for you.

• Like 1

Check out Mia Limo.  In May we used them for all of our transportation needs pre and post cruise (airport, hotels and port). Wonderful company and drivers and they had some of the best rates of any company (I contacted around 11 or 12 companies). All drivers were early for pick up, professional and their cars spotless.  They offer tours as well and they have port access so they are allowed inside the gated area to wait for passengers.  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2023 at 1:20 AM, RTR 21-0 said:

Check out Mia Limo.  In May we used them for all of our transportation needs pre and post cruise (airport, hotels and port). Wonderful company and drivers and they had some of the best rates of any company (I contacted around 11 or 12 companies). All drivers were early for pick up, professional and their cars spotless.  They offer tours as well and they have port access so they are allowed inside the gated area to wait for passengers.  

Would they be able to accomodate a party of 6?

1 hour ago, zoepipes said:

Would they be able to accomodate a party of 6?

All of the named vendors should have vehicles that can handle 6 or more.

• Like 1