Reflection 6128

rivieraraver

We are regular Reflection cruisers in a verandah and for the first time we have booked a guarantee as it was a good price and we wanted to squeeze another reasonably priced trip in this summer. It seemed like a great idea but now we are not so sure. We have been allocated 6128 and now we are worried. It seems to be over the kitchens on deck 5 and we are concerned about early morning/late night noise. Does anyone have experience of this cabin pls?  We have looked at the sticky and it isn’t on there. TIA 

Edited by rivieraraver

Do you have the correct cabin number? 6128 is forward. The kitchens/dining areas are typically at the aft (rear) of the ship. Any noise 6128 would potentially come from the theater. You aren't anywhere close to kitchens in that cabin. 

You can ask to be moved within the category or pay to upgrade to a specific room. Since you booked a GTY you have to be willing to accept the worst in the category. 

That is what happens with guaranteed, yes great price but you get what you get, sometimes you will get a great cabin but many times its whats left and unsold, usually cabins like this location, Always try moving it with celebrity if other cabins are left in that class, not sure if it can be. Easiest thing is bring ear plugs if your super concerned.  I always have them with me in case I get somwhat noisy neighbors, only happened once and was under control by day 3.  

• Thanks 1

@rivieraraver I would suggest you get a free app like White Noise Lite, which can generate a variety of background white noise (self-contained; doesn't require internet). Try it out a few weeks before your cruise so you can get used to it. It really works to smooth out any discrete noises so they just blend right in. 

We actually got a noise machine after our first Reflection cruise in 2019 after using fans to create our own white noise since the ship clanked and groaned all night. Got used to the white noise camouflage--now we can't get to sleep when it is dead silent!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Being ABOVE the kitchens and dining areas is not a problem.  Being BELOW the galley could be.  You will be fine.  EM

Yes…thank you…  I think we need to calm down and just look forward to the treat of another cruise 😀

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

@rivieraraver I would suggest you get a free app like White Noise Lite, which can generate a variety of background white noise (self-contained; doesn't require internet). Try it out a few weeks before your cruise so you can get used to it. It really works to smooth out any discrete noises so they just blend right in. 

We actually got a noise machine after our first Reflection cruise in 2019 after using fans to create our own white noise since the ship clanked and groaned all night. Got used to the white noise camouflage--now we can't get to sleep when it is dead silent!

I will look into that… thank you 

I agree that you likely won't have a problem. The only time we have heard much noise is when we were directly below the pool deck and then music would waft down if there was a late night party.

Do you have an iPhone? There's a built-in white noise app now. Super helpful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Being ABOVE the kitchens and dining areas is not a problem.  Being BELOW the galley could be.  You will be fine.  EM

agree with Essie...too, it might slightly hang over the Promenade. Make the most as you said...you'll be on a cruise. Enjoy. 

We are in 6115 above the theatre now and it’s a problem. The rock band was practicing yesterday below us and it was loud. I used my ear bud throughout the night to listen to sleep meditations helps. I also booked GTY cabin, not cheap, but it was only option left. When I called to change room they said nothing left but there were cabins for family of 4. May be ok but ask again to move….