Transfers from VCE to Chioggia and Civitavecchia to Rome

cruisinclined

My TA is quoting a very high private transfer price from the airport to Chioggia. She is also looking at whether AZ is offering a transfer and its cost but am uncertain that would be available. We will exiting VCE airport around 1030 am the day before the cruise embarkation in October.

We have an hotel stay in Chioggia and recommendations for evening dining would also be helpful.

Any experiences  and good options would be appreciated and perhaps you could quote a transfer price range I should expect from VCE to Chioggia.

At disembarkation at Civitavecchia I read here that OBC can be used for a transfer to Rome, where we spend a night, which would include some sightseeing on the way. Hope to arrive in Rome in time for our hotel to receive us at around 2 pm.

Any ideas and experiences on suitable sightseeing transfers and where they end in Rome city centre would also be welcomed?

Our transfer from Marco Polo to Chioggia was 170 euros, the return was 100 euros. Reason being there are no taxis from Chioggia routinely servicing the airport, so when taking a fare to Chioggia there is zero chance of picking up a return fare!

We weren't particularly hungry during our evening stay there, choosing a bistro/cafe and a light snack. There are numerous options on the main street, and a lovely atmosphere there.

Edited by hamrag

3 hours ago, cruisinclined said:

Would you be able to let me know the transfer company you used? Thank you.

We used this taxi for transfers between Mestre and Chioggia and in reverse. http://www.taxichioggia.net/il-taxi/ One of my criteria in picking it was that it was a local Chioggia based company, and the benefits of having ships calling was going into the local economy.

I think it's a one-man business and Stefano was great.  I had to be a little forceful when it looked like he had double-booked himself, but everything worked out perfectly in the end.

I though the price very reasonable and he dropped us off at three different hotels in Mestre.  There were six of us but the taxi could have seated eight and taken eight people's luggage.

Total cost each way was €125 (and would have been €110 if there had only been four of us).  

Edited by fruitmachine

On 7/12/2023 at 9:09 AM, cruisinclined said:

We have an hotel stay in Chioggia and recommendations for evening dining would also be helpful.

We spent 2 lovely nights in Chioggia in May. 
Had a great dinner at

El Gato

34 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

We used this taxi for transfers between Mestre and Chioggia and in reverse. http://www.taxichioggia.net/il-taxi/ One of my criteria in picking it was that it was a local Chioggia based company, and the benefits of having ships calling was going into the local economy.

I think it's a one-man business and Stefano was great.  I had to be a little forceful when it looked like he had double-booked himself, but everything worked out perfectly in the end.

I though the price very reasonable and he dropped us off at three different hotels in Mestre.  There were six of us but the taxi could have seated eight and taken eight people's luggage.

Total cost each way was €125 (and would have been €110 if there had only been four of us).  

Thank you, I have emailed Stefano and asked him for a quote. We are just a couple with bags so hopefully a reasonable price quote. I take it his English is fine from your post.

1 minute ago, cruisinclined said:

Thank you, I have emailed Stefano and asked him for a quote. We are just a couple with bags so hopefully a reasonable price quote. I take it his English is fine from your post.

His spoken English was broken, but Google translate is fantastic!

For emails I just wrote it in English, and followed that with a paste of the Google's translation into Italian.  I suspect he used Google translate the other way around when he replied.

2 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

His spoken English was broken, but Google translate is fantastic!

For emails I just wrote it in English, and followed that with a paste of the Google's translation into Italian.  I suspect he used Google translate the other way around when he replied.

Did you have to pay him in advance or with euros on the transfer day?

Our ship arrives Civitavecchia on 04/28/2024 at 6:00am preceding a four day stay in Rome at a central location. Given the long time between docking and check-in, I searched for a combination transfer/tour and received a quote from Stefano's Rome Cabs which looks attractive.

They propose to pick us up at 9:00am at the pier and drive to Ostia Antica for an approximately 4hr self tour of the archaeological site/town with plenty of time for a leisurely lunch. The drive then to our central Rome hotel should arrive mid-afternoon. Our transfer can be "shared" to reduce our pp cost.

I have no experience with Rome Cabs so I cannot endorse them although they have many good reviews.

They are worth a look if you have a similar itinerary.

John

3 hours ago, ohcsim123 said:

Our ship arrives Civitavecchia on 04/28/2024 at 6:00am preceding a four day stay in Rome at a central location. Given the long time between docking and check-in, I searched for a combination transfer/tour and received a quote from Stefano's Rome Cabs which looks attractive.

They propose to pick us up at 9:00am at the pier and drive to Ostia Antica for an approximately 4hr self tour of the archaeological site/town with plenty of time for a leisurely lunch. The drive then to our central Rome hotel should arrive mid-afternoon. Our transfer can be "shared" to reduce our pp cost.

I have no experience with Rome Cabs so I cannot endorse them although they have many good reviews.

John

We have had a number of experiences with RomeCabs, the second one Stefano himself was our driver. We have never had a problem with their services and once they successfully solved a challenging problem for us. 
I hope your experience is just as positive. Please return to share your impressions with us, especially the visit ro Ostia Antica.

We are departing Chioggia in October for the Italy Intensive Cruise.  The Azamara excursion options included transfers from both Marco Polo Airport (Venice) as well as transfers from Venice. We plan to use OBC.  Are these options listed in your excursions?

20 hours ago, KTV said:

We are departing Chioggia in October for the Italy Intensive Cruise.  The Azamara excursion options included transfers from both Marco Polo Airport (Venice) as well as transfers from Venice. We plan to use OBC.  Are these options listed in your excursions?

My experience is that on the new system they are now listed under Transfer Requests, and that you can only use OBC to pay for them if you wait until you are aboard before booking them with Guest Services.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:12 AM, terry&mike said:

I have used Rome Cabs many times, and will be using them again in September. Great company.

Agreed, just used them for transfers from airport to hotel and Rome hotel to Civitavecchia and they were prompt ( actually early) with excellent cars

• Like 2

We used Welcome Pickups to get to Chioggia from Marco Polo airport. The driver met us at the airport exit with our names on a placard.  We traveled in a Mercedes SUV. The cost was $126E.  This was early May.  We went a day early and stayed at Hotel Grande Italia. It is on corner of the lagoon and the main street that had many outdoor cafes to choose from, and agree about El Gato. The hotel had a very nice restaurant also.

On 7/14/2023 at 12:58 PM, ohcsim123 said:

John

Would you mind sharing your price quote for this itinerary by Rome Cabs?

18 hours ago, cruisinclined said:

Would you mind sharing your price quote for this itinerary by Rome Cabs?

The quoted price is 580 euros for six people.

To see details, go to the Azamara (Quest) Roll Call for the April 22, 2024 Barcelona to Rome cruise.

If this is also your itinerary, note that we are still looking for companions!

John

We have arrived in Venice…enjoying it all…on July 20…I am going to meet the Azamara transfer on Tronchetto, to go to Chioggia.  Does anyone know exactly where to meet the transfer. I know there are 3 shuttles offered..12, 12:30 and 1. The transfer is prepaid…I want to know where to be left off…thinking of getting a water taxi to drop us off…..I was hoping someone would be here at hotel to advise me..Staying at Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal..Azamara said there would be a rep here to ask…but no one seems to know anything about it.  Thanks.