Air Fly use with quiet boxes

deec

I have been researching Air Fly Blue Tooth transmitter for use with both Ocean and River quiet boxes.  Any experiences?  Neither of us has hearing aids ( although one of needs them!).

8 minutes ago, deec said:

I have been researching Air Fly Blue Tooth transmitter for use with both Ocean and River quiet boxes.  Any experiences?  Neither of us has hearing aids ( although one of needs them!).

Which one Dee???😱

No experience, but since the "quiet boxes" have a standard 3.5mm jack and the Air Fly has the same 3.5 diameter plug, it should be fully compatible.

All the AirFly does is take the output from the box and feeds it into a bluetooth transmitter.  Just as an earpiece takes the output and feeds it through a wire.  No black magic.

14 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Which one Dee???😱

the one who doesn't believe HE can't hear and says I have a speech impediment and that is the issue :)!

• Haha 5

My wife just took out one hearing aid, put it in the case and had the QV over both ears.  It worked great.  We tried to get a bluetooth transmitter to connect to the hearing aids, but according to the manufacturer, she'd need one they sell at ten times the price of the one we'd purchased online.  

Dee, tried out a bluetooth device in January (on the Nile cruise) and loved it, although DH complained that his headset ran of juice and that he should have carried a wired set with him. (I have two headsets because I use one to listen to books and I never want to be out of listening time). I was thrilled to get rid of the lanyard and the wires. 

This is what we used and even though it is out of stock and not likely to return, I'm sharing the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B5GNVXDT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know nothing technical about these things and just bought the one that a trust geek here CC used.

61svw-YU4RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

BTW, once you have paired them to a headset, make sure to label whose is whose.

• Thanks 1

Both of my parents (who I'll be traveling with) have hearing aids. I know my mom's has bluetooth capabilities. Will she be able to use that with the devices they use during tours? Does she need anything other equipment to make this work? If my dad's isn't bluetooth-enabled, what will he need to do to use the system?

2 hours ago, RiverGrl28 said:

Both of my parents (who I'll be traveling with) have hearing aids. I know my mom's has bluetooth capabilities. Will she be able to use that with the devices they use during tours? Does she need anything other equipment to make this work? If my dad's isn't bluetooth-enabled, what will he need to do to use the system?

You still need a device like the one shown above to turn the QuietVox into a BlueTooth transmitter.

Dad will need a BlueTooth headset of some sort (one ear is all you need; then he can wear his hearing aid in the other ear) and both Mom and Dad will need to pair their in-ear devices with the transmitter.

Test the pairing before you go. We figured out how to plug it into the TV to test it.

3 hours ago, RiverGrl28 said:

If you get the AirFly Duo or Pro, then you will only need one AirFly - which will be able to transmit to two bluetooth devices.  If you go with the AirFly SE, it will only connect with one device.

• Like 1

In my experience with the Signia hearing aids (Bluetooth supported), They only will work with iPhone and iPad so far.  I will also test with a broadcaster device and get back with my results

• Like 2